• Last Reply

Room temp has been around 75 degrees the whole time

Humidity at 33%

Water temp...don't know...haven't been monitoring that

One airpod powering one air stone inside the bucket

Strawberry cough on the left, Blacks on the right

Started with tap water.

Added pH down after 24 hours to get the pH down to 6.8

Have been making sure the pH has been around 6.8 ever since then.

i see a problem, and a potential one as well.

humidity needs to be up, WAY UP in order to keep things running smooth. there is no such thing as too much humidity for rooting clones. i use a dome when i can and it can reach 95% in there. in the 30's is too low for sure.

did you let your tapwater sit out overnight in an open container and mix it around every now and then?? this will allow deadly chlorine to evaporate.

i "assume" your water temp is ok, as long as your rooms temps arent getting higher than 75°. much higher than that, and its safe to say that you water temp is the same, and anything above 75° for water temp is straying into the land of problems as well.

also, what kind of lights do you have them under? yellowing after such a short period of time tells me that your lights may be a bit too strong/close.

rooting clones need very very little light to root. the less the best. if using T'5's or cfl's i try to get at LEAST a foot away. closer to 2 is better.

if under HID's. get them on the other side of the room :) 5-6 feet away is fine.

The friend I got the clones from told me to check the ph of the water once a day and to mist them once a day.

I have a sun blaze 48 that is over two feet above the clones.

I do not have a dome because he told me I wouldn't need one. I would have bought one if I knew I needed one.

The tap water did not sit because we didn't have enough time. The clone were dropped off at my house on short notice.

I feel like it is too late now...

Where these rooted clones or are you rooting now? If you are trying to root them now I don't think having them in the root riot cubes in a DWC would work well as the cubes will stay way to wet and just rot them. I always keep my PH at about 5.8 when cloning in water. Just my 2 cents on this hope it helps.

sounds to me like you have some good instincts & need to trust them.

Mez is right about ph in the cloner. 6.8 is good for feeding your girls in dirt but cloners are more like hydro. Need to lower ph.

put them in regular ph'ed water, dont give up till they do.

IMO rapid rooters are the way to go. Do the dome with some kind of light filter on top at least part of the time.

best of luck

The friend I got the clones from told me to check the ph of the water once a day and to mist them once a day.

I have a sun blaze 48 that is over two feet above the clones.

I do not have a dome because he told me I wouldn't need one. I would have bought one if I knew I needed one.

The tap water did not sit because we didn't have enough time. The clone were dropped off at my house on short notice.

I feel like it is too late now...

i feel confident sticking my neck out and saying the friend you got them from is no cannabis cultivator, thats for sure.

at least not a very good one. or maybe just a money hungry one??

humidity is KEY.... there is no way for him/her to know if you need a dome or not unless they were in your grow room, with lights and fans ON FOR AT LEAST 2-3 HOURS and made the decision that your natural humidity was high enough and you would not need to assist with a dome.

chlorine shock is fatal on cuttings. there are no roots to uptake clean water and wash out the bad. your clones probably would have been just fine for 30 mins while you ran to the grocery store and picked up a couple gallons of water.

depending on how attached you are to this set of cuttings, you could change out the water (assume chlorine has evaporated by now, but lets be safe)..... recut/scrape all the clones and get a dome, or get them in a spot with much higher humidity. and go get some good water...... if you try to save them. be extra nice to them right now.

the recut/rescrape may not be necessary, but i wouldnt take any chances. odds are that the chlorine has affected the very fragile tissue endings that we are trying to stimulate here.

The cuttings have some residue on them from the cloning gel.

I assume that is supposed to be there?

The biggest problem is I was relying on him to help me through my first grow. If I can't get clones to root, the first grow will never happen and I don't want to lose my money by going out and doing something that he did not recommend.

I am going to contact him first before I do anything.

The cuttings have some residue on them from the cloning gel.

I assume that is supposed to be there?

The biggest problem is I was relying on him to help me through my first grow. If I can't get clones to root, the first grow will never happen and I don't want to lose my money by going out and doing something that he did not recommend.

I am going to contact him first before I do anything.

keep us posted!!

i'd be hard pressed to trust someone to help me grow that just told me i dont need humidity for my clones :)

You will have a better chance in the tray with a dome instead of DWC, when you move them squeeze out some of the excess water from the cubes. If you are going to grow in soil 6.8 is a good PH level but if you're doing hydro go with a 5.8

Just clip off all the nasty leafs and don't water for at least 3 days, I think you can save that Strawberry too.

you are giving off some bad/false/incorrect info here.

first of all, an aerocloner is an aerocloner. clones are clones. rockwool is rockwool. it doesnt matter if you are planting in soil, soil mix, clay pebbles, or an aero system. the goal is to get roots from a cutting. doesnt matter where it goes next. you do not lower your ph if you plant to plant them in hydro.

and leave a fresh cutting without water for 3 days? it will be dead in 12 hours??

even if you were talking about rockwool, on a tray, under a dome, there is no way for you to determine how fast a rockwool cube will dry out in someone else's grow room.

maybe you should take the tutorial :)http://michiganmedic...on=tuts&t_id=42

Archived