Clones Aren't Happy

totung

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So rooting in rockwool cubes in dwc and rooting in a rapid rooter tray would require the same things?

to an extent. there is a process, steps to follow to ensure optimal conditions, its a simple process, but it does take practice, as far as cloning goes, i havent had much luck, but im gonna keep tryin :) i do have seed though, pm me if i can help

So rooting in rockwool cubes in dwc and rooting in a rapid rooter tray would require the same things?

for right now, if you plant to switch to rockwool, or rapid rooters, leave the DWC part out of it. just water the rockwool cubes, or rapid rooter plugs as needed, in their trays, under their domes, to keep the cube or plug moist. not soaked, and not dry..... but moist.

you may have to water once a day, could be every other day, depends on your grow room climate and the climate under that dome.

a bubblebucket/tote CAN be used to do that daily /every other day watering for you.......... but as hempchef said, it a touchy thing for more experienced folks. it is REAL easy to overwater rockwool or rapid rooters and finding that perfect level of moisture in DWC for rooting clones is pretty touchy. i would stick with just watering them in their trays for now.

one nice thing about this compared to an aerobucket set-up like you have now, is water temps. no need to worry about that anymore. just water your little cubes or plugs as though they are just little bitty soil pots :)

The extra o2 that the air stone adds is nice but cuttings in r rooters in a Tupperware bowl with 1/4 " of water in the bottom never fails....

Put this in the tray with a dome and your all set.

Cut 2 " holes in the tupperware top , hang net pots , put air stone in bottom now you have a cloning machine for around $10.

Just some more ideas... hope it helps.

you are giving off some bad/false/incorrect info here.

first of all, an aerocloner is an aerocloner. clones are clones. rockwool is rockwool. it doesnt matter if you are planting in soil, soil mix, clay pebbles, or an aero system. the goal is to get roots from a cutting. doesnt matter where it goes next. you do not lower your ph if you plant to plant them in hydro.

and leave a fresh cutting without water for 3 days? it will be dead in 12 hours??

even if you were talking about rockwool, on a tray, under a dome, there is no way for you to determine how fast a rockwool cube will dry out in someone else's grow room.

maybe you should take the tutorial :)http://michiganmedic...on=tuts&t_id=42

Well to begin with he is not in rockwool cubes he's in Rapid Rooter and they will hold enuff moisture in them for 3 day seeing as they have no roots to suck the water away and a humidity dome will keep it from drying out. I don't need your tutorial but thanks for the link. I have used Root Riot cubes every since they came out and have never ever had any problem rooting with a success rate of 99% and that's with not watering for the first three days just the dome and an daily misting to the inside of the dome. And you may think you don't have to lower the Ph in hydro but your wrong on that one cuz in Hydro all of the Nute Companies say 5.8 so I think I may have to belive they know what their talking about.

I am by 696 and Gratiot. A little ways from you. Seems like everyone is either on the west side, or north.

I just took all 12 clones out of the bucket.

Bought a tray of Root Shooters from Beste's because they didn't have Root Riot trays.

I dumped out the Root Shooters and stored them in a ziplock bag for now.

I put all 12 clones in the tray making sure to squeeze any excess moisture out of the rapid rooters they are already in.

I sprayed the dome real good and put it on top.

We will see how everything goes...

I hope I can get them back into good health!

Just checked on them and I think the blacks are gonna make it. They are staying green

The strawberry cough is pretty much done.

None of the 6 have gotten better. They are all drooping and yellowing more than before.

its ok, the next step here is the hardest part, but its very important!

Leave them alone until tomorrow.

for real, let them do their thing

I use a bucket for cloning. It's a strange thing if I lose one cut. I run my ph at 6.5 and use rooting hormone and the water additive. I've never sprayed them or put a dome over cuts in the bucket. The humidity is keep at about 60% give or take. Oh and they are under a t5. I also cut back the leaves.

I'm not discrediting anything any one is saying, but I've had better luck in the bucket then in a tray. Good luck and god speed

Archived