Msu To Arrest Medical Marijuana Patients On Campus

“The Obama administration has been very clear in its policy of respecting state medical marijuana laws, so there is no reason to believe MSU would be reprimanded simply for following state law,” says Meno. “More to the point, the federal government has almost no interest in charging a college student who is legally allowed to use medical marijuana. Furthermore, a state court in Michigan would be unable to charge someone for violating federal marijuana laws. So the only people interested in arresting and charging public university students who legally use medical marijuana are MSU officials, judging by this statement.”

Say it ain't so Sparty!

As an MSU alum and someone active in the MM community, I can truly say I bleed green.

Actually, this isn't new, just newly reported. When I started caregiving in the Lansing area, I contacted MSU to ask their stance as I had a few patients who were faculty and students. The response quoted in the article was the same that I received at that time.

I have a sneaky suspicion that any college contacted regarding this issue would respond similarly. Ultimately, universities are some of the biggest beurocracies (sp?) this side of government, so we cant expect change to come quickly or easily.

Go green!

“The Obama administration has been very clear in its policy of respecting state medical marijuana laws, so there is no reason to believe MSU would be reprimanded simply for following state law,” says Meno. “More to the point, the federal government has almost no interest in charging a college student who is legally allowed to use medical marijuana. Furthermore, a state court in Michigan would be unable to charge someone for violating federal marijuana laws. So the only people interested in arresting and charging public university students who legally use medical marijuana are MSU officials, judging by this statement.”

Say it ain't so Sparty!

The university stands to lose federal funding if it allows marijuana on campus.

Furthermore, students stand to lose grant status as well as student loan eligibility.

This is a joke. More kids in college use marijuana than those who don't!

I think it's time for us to get a "majority of our states" to get medical marijuana legalized in 2012.

Then, we can pressure Congress to put an end to this insane and unjust war on a plant.

Mizerman

p.s. looking forward to Planet Green Trees this evening..

This is a joke. More kids in college use marijuana than those who don't!

I think it's time for us to get a "majority of our states" to get medical marijuana legalized in 2012.

Then, we can pressure Congress to put an end to this insane and unjust war on a plant.

Mizerman

p.s. looking forward to Planet Green Trees this evening..

I don't know where you are getting your statistic but regardless, the key phrase here is "on campus." You aren't going to find a university that receives federal funding that will allow marijuana on campus. It doesn't matter what state law is involved.

As for a majority of states legalizing by 2012...good luck on that front when CA couldn't pull it off this year. I think we are still years away from the majority of states legalizing for med. purposes. However, it will happen and eventually it will force the hand of the feds to reschedule or risk a constitutional crisis.

We'll likely never get all states such as those in the deep south.

This is happening here at WMU and at colleges across the state including EMU and CMU. This lovely piece of journalism was in monday's Western Herald,MMJ Not Allowed on WMU Campus.

WMU has a very harsh cannabis policy in the dorms and on campus, unlike alcohol, if cannabis is suspected (smelled) they call their private police force and you get an automatic court date downtown.

Furthermore, students stand to lose grant status as well as student loan eligibility.

Lucky them; Now THERE's a sure-fire way to avoid becoming snagged and dragged into the man-eating, family and society-devouring "debt-for-Credit" scam of National Debt.

Perhaps the first, best way to escape from life-long confinement as "Student-Collateral-Slave-Laborer" for the National Debt.

Speaking of "student loans" and "grant" monies ...

Anyone else lose their "Stimulus Money" to "Federal-Guaranteed Student Loan - Interest Payments"?

Wonder where all that "Interest" money went to?

FREE The HEALING

That's the key - in order for MSU to receive certain federal funds, it must comply with federal law.

This has less to do with the student's being tried and convicted in state court on federal charges and more to do with the federal funds. I think the writer may have avoided this part because its less news worthy than a victimized student.

As far as the student loans - doesn't the student have to have been convicted?

Archived