Clones Rooting But Not Vegging

MrShpongle

I've never had this problem before. I've got some clones that are rooting like crazy in 16 oz. cups, but they are showing zero growth above ground. I'm about to transplant them into gallon pots, but I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time and should start from scratch. The strain is Purple Kush. It's happening on three different clones; two were started in rockwool and one in a bubble cloner. They've been in a clone dome (humidity around 85%, temps mid-70's) under a CFL 24 hours a day. They are in a mix of 75% Roots Organics Greenfields and 25% Sunshine aggregate. Could this just be a hard to clone strain?

I've never had this problem before. I've got some clones that are rooting like crazy in 16 oz. cups, but they are showing zero growth above ground. I'm about to transplant them into gallon pots, but I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time and should start from scratch. The strain is Purple Kush. It's happening on three different clones; two were started in rockwool and one in a bubble cloner. They've been in a clone dome (humidity around 85%, temps mid-70's) under a CFL 24 hours a day. They are in a mix of 75% Roots Organics Greenfields and 25% Sunshine aggregate. Could this just be a hard to clone strain?

I think you are good to go- They may just need some more "breathing" room to be able to take off! :sword:

Wild Bill - the mother was still in veg when I took the clones.

Based on conversations with others, it seems that this behavior is pretty normal for the strain. I've moved them out of the clone dome and into the veg room, where they'll get more reasonable amounts of humidity and 18 hours of CFLs rather than 24. Looks like they could be vegging for a long time. Wish me luck!

• 1 month later...

How long since they rooted but no growth? Like Bill said if taken from flower they have to revert back to veg. If its been 1-2 weeks you should be alright, I had some that took awhile before I saw growth and it was alright...

Stone - autos can't be cloned...

yeah lol, was gonna say how do you clone a autoflowering strain? seems it'd try to flower during the cloning process, since the clone is the genetic age of the mother.

Archived