Ventilation

jeffanator

I have a 420cfm fan cooling my 2 6" magnum xxxl reflectors(1000w) with a carbon filter for the smell and the exhaust is connected to my vent for another room in the house, which it is all working great but i happen to be learning alot along the way as i am new to indoor gardening but my question is should i be exhausting the air out of the room/ or should i exhaust it into the grow room and just use an airconditioner to cool it all down? i heared you dont want to have and in or an out on your grow room for protection from any unwanted pest can anyone out there verify this?

I have a 420cfm fan cooling my 2 6" magnum xxxl reflectors(1000w) with a carbon filter for the smell and the exhaust is connected to my vent for another room in the house, which it is all working great but i happen to be learning alot along the way as i am new to indoor gardening but my question is should i be exhausting the air out of the room/ or should i exhaust it into the grow room and just use an airconditioner to cool it all down? i heared you dont want to have and in or an out on your grow room for protection from any unwanted pest can anyone out there verify this?

I vent filtered air directly from the bloom box portion of my grow room out a basement window as long as you have a fine mesh cover for the outside duct you wont have any outside visitors scurrying in through the duct work.

This sounds like my exact setup I'll be watching to see what you end up doing with your room.

DON'T exhaust the hot air back in the room and use a a/c unit to cool the room. That is foolish...believe me, I did it WAY too long. Everything is fighting each other and your paying big dollars in electricity when its not necessary.

good info there.

optimally you are exhausting all hot/bad air as far from the grow room as possible. outside is best. THEN you can get a true reading of your room temps and make the decision to either go with a larger fan to exhaust more air quicker......... or to use an AC to cool things down.

Archived