Powder Mildew

sknkwrks

I've had this crap most of the summer also, I finally went to the Grow Sho, Stone School St. AA picked up the Complete Burner Unit for like $50. The element is cup shaped so it holds the Boiling Sulfur really well.

Caution Sulfur is Dangerous , can be poisonous , I never used it before but desparate to get rid of the PM I gave it a shot. I put in two blue capfuls (from the 2gal H20 jugs), hung it off the light mover and plugged it in.

Sulfur is actually supposed to be oderless, but you will smell it. After about 15 minutes I couldn't stand it in there. I went to get my mask and goggles reentering the room I climbed up on a ladder behind the light mover and waved a little fan around to distribute it real good everywhere. I left the room closed that door, the next door, the door at the top of the stairs and figured I'd let it bubble away for a while. Probably my biggest mistake might have been: NOT turning the Furnace Off. I dont think I lasted 20 minutes, the entire house was full of that crap. I grabbed my mask and goggles went down and yanked the plug. NOTE: Be carefull there is hot boiling liquid sulfur in the Can/Pot.

I then opened all three doors of the house, the upstairs windows, and proceeded to chill out, after 5-10 minutes I started closing the doors and windows. The smell lingered maybe 36 hours.

I would suggest putting it on a timer, leave the house, take your pets, roll a couple doobs, and go for a ride.

I unplugged mine, never dumped it out and it solidified into a solid black rock like substance, hopefully it will melt when I plug it back in.

The Best Part NO more PM !

ps Knock on wood, its only been 12 days ...

ok the mildew is back and im week 2 day 4 of flower what should i do? I remember when i first posted on this issue a reply was made not to use neem in the flowering stage. now i have neemed the hell out of these girls and it seemed to have controled the issue. i stoped the neem treatments b4 i went into flowering the last spray down was 3 days b4 the light switch. last night b4 i put the ladies to bed i noticed a little spot on my skunk but did not see any other areas on any of my ladies so it has not gotten to bad but i can not have this. what can i do that will not harm the fruits of my labor? A month or so ago i picked up a couple whiteberry clones from "royal smoke" the seemed to be ok but come to find out they where the source of the powdery mildew thats how the other ladies became infected with this horrid filth. i guess its my fault for not hitting them with neem b4 i moved them into the vegging room. if u look at some of royal smokes post he has sum pics of his grow and u can see the mildew all over the plants i do not want that crap crawling all over my plants. HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!

man I hate seeing posts about people getting bad clones..! How can growers do that. it's like knowingly having AIDS and passing it on. ugggh

Good luck.

man I hate seeing posts about people getting bad clones..! How can growers do that. it's like knowingly having AIDS and passing it on. ugggh

Good luck.

Sounds like a personal shot at me. I'm a new grower. Which was disclosed to everyone I traded clones with. I didn't even know what powdery mildew was.

I'm not hiding from anyone. I've been in this thread the whole time. I've even built a tutorial on how to get rid of it:

http://www.hydroponi...ery-mildew.html

Sounds like a personal shot at me. I'm a new grower. Which was disclosed to everyone I traded clones with. I didn't even know what powdery mildew was.

I'm not hiding from anyone. I've been in this thread the whole time. I've even built a tutorial on how to get rid of it:

http://www.hydroponi...ery-mildew.html

Please people no hitting below the belt. when i picked up the clones from him i did not notice any signs of PM and as i mentioned b4 it was my fault for not treating them b4 i moved them in. his intent was not to sell dirty clones these things happen. the only thing we can do is help each other out and royal smoke has done nothing but try to help me correct the issue. he as even offered me space to treat my ladies with his burner do to the fact that i cannot use one at this time. so no personal shots lets live and learn

• 3 months later...

Archived