Being A Patient/caregiver And Owning Guns

i am by no means a "gun nut", but i believe in our constitutional right to own them for protection/hunting/hobby. i recently ordered a rifle and had to fill out a form where one of the questions was specifically aimed at marijuana and other drug use, and more specifically stating that it is directly against the law to own a gun if you are a marijuana or drug user.

so, do any of you know the legal implications of being a patient/caregiver and also owning guns?

If they charge you with a felony drug charge they will tack on a felony firearms charge. By rights if you are legal they should never charge you with the drug charge but we know how they work and will do things that are not honest to justify the charges. Like counting each cut stalk that is hanging to dry as a plant. Pure BS but that is what they do.

Now CCW permit is another discussion. IMO never carry a gun and cannabis at the same time. Unless you want to be the test case.

Like counting each cut stalk that is hanging to dry as a plant.

is there a documented case where they did this? i've heard of them counting the growing medium as part of the total weight of the bust, so i wouldn't really be surprised.

:thumbsd:

I have read it in these forums several times but don't remember which thread it was in. Sorry.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/22334-post-on-mlive-while-the-topic-is-hot-and-will-be-read/page__p__195804__fromsearch__1#entry195804

found this his name is John Roberts they counted his branches and do weigh your cakes and things also

we know how they are

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/22334-post-on-mlive-while-the-topic-is-hot-and-will-be-read/page__p__195804__fromsearch__1#entry195804

found this his name is John Roberts they counted his branches and do weigh your cakes and things also

we know how they are

I thought it may have been John's case. Thanks for finding that Bob or Torey or both. :D

Archived