West African Hook Up

I got an interesting PM today.

Hi

My name is miss Philomina i am a young girl from west Africa.

I went through your profile at(michiganmedicalmarijuana.org)and found out that we can

make a good match and i will like you to contact me

through my email address(philomina209@hotmail.com)

please my dear i will like you to contact me at my mail box(philomina209@hotmail.com)

Waiting for your mail,

your Philomina

So do you guys think this is really a hot young chick looking for love in MI or some fat Nigerian dude trying to scam some money?

Anyone want me to see if she has any single friends? :-)

Nigerians.....lol

I was looking at rental homes on Craig's list and I came across this ad for a really nice house. The Craig's list ad said the rent was $700 which would have been a STEAL. I knew something was up, so I replied to the ad on Craig's list. The person responded that he and his wife were traveling abroad and wanted to rent out their home. They were traveling in Africa???? LOL

I drove by the house and wrote down the realtor's phone number and gave him a call. It turns out that the people that own the home actually moved to somewhere else in Michigan and weren't in fact traveling in Africa. They were also asking $1,400 a month for rent.

The person that I emailed had asked for me to fill out his little 'application' with my personal information on it. Social Security number, bank routing numbers, address, birth date, etc...

I definitely know better, but I wonder how many people they have actually fooled.

These Nigerians are scouring over legit home listing on real estate websites, stealing the pictures and info, posting their own ad for a rental property on Craig's List, and then stealing your information to do an identity fraud on you.

Just a heads up. I thought it was a pretty sophisticated SCAM.

I went through your profile at(michiganmedicalmarijuana.org)and found out that we can

make a good match and i will like you to contact me

through my email address(philomina209@hotmail.com)

so i went through your profile and found this :)

gallery_13801_182_8485.jpg

so lets see, i dont know your age.... there are no pics of you on your profile page...... i have zero clue if you are even male or female??? BUT I THINK WE WOULD MAKE A GREAT MATCH :) EMAIL ME TOO PLEASE :)

LOL thats crazy.. I am trying to sell my 4 wheeler and have an add on craigslist. Right away I got a couple e-mails about it that were sending me to pages to login to craigslist. I then got one that I kinda strung the guy along since I knew the scam. He said condsider the machine sold and don't worry about shipping his shipping department would take care of it. So he asked for all my info address,phone,etc. Said he would send a cashiers check and then take care of arranging for shipping. I then sent him an e-mail saying I would need his name,address,social security #,phone #,mothers maiden name, and bank account #.I then said to send me 3000.00 and I would send him the remaining balance back( I was asking 1650.00 for the machine) He e-mailed me back and said sorry he could not send that info for me at the time but would asap. He also said OH you have done this before great I will send the check directy to your address sir. :) I then sent him an e-mail explaining I knew what was up and basically told him off and used many foul words LOL never heard from him since. Its the Nigerian scam were they will send you a check for nothing sometimes and then you send them back part of the money. So be careful

Archived