Wow I Have Horrible Luck With Patients

BubbleBerryKush

^^^what is your set up? 3k I built 2 rooms, sealed the floor, 2 1k for flower, 1 12 builb T-5 for veg, second largest can filter, 2 12" blower fans (largest I could get), a years worth of Nutes/additives/hydroton/soil + pots and ran DIY hydro....unless you guys are buying aero systems (which suck by the way) or just buying the most expensive stuff I dont get what costs so much....

look at any of bubble growers grow threads, one 1k light, and a tote and he produces....

I totally believe in BG budget grows. But not everyone is growing like that and it's not a way for volume to off set the Freebie's. 3k is very cheap in my book. I'm way above that for a much smaller grow. Unless you want to compare size? My mom once said "Size Matters". Anyone ever take a look at just Bloom nuts vs Veg nuts cost?

I also believe patient think It's CG responsibility to advertise, delivery, dispense extras grown on their 12 plants which they want free meds from to be compensated. Yes we all know the numbers game but crap all this is a ton of work. It's not as much income as some patients would think. Any CG's out their burn there extras as we call it to keep within limits? They know what I'm talking about.

My patients are very happy. Yes, they get compensated for letting me grow. But their is a monthly minimum they must keep also.

it's a 2 way Street, lets keep the compassion level on both sides.

who ever posted "some CG's are paying 20k to set up a room or 2" who needs that? these people are obviously not in it to help people, at least not 100% help patients. thats 20 1k lights (and thats being conservative), these people are who I am talking about, I could cover 5 patients with 2 600 watt lights. My set up cost 3k, and once I recouped that cost my med's went down in price for my patients.

But you have to admit it looks kind of shady for a CG to have 5 patients, gives them free medicine every month, and has a huge set up....those bills have to get paid somehow, especially if they have as you put it "a 20k setup". CO2 is not cheap, electricity is not free, time and labor to manage 72 veg/flowering plants, nutes, jars or bags, dehum's, A/C's, timers, pumps, bulbs, trays/buckets/soil/pots all these things cost money, unless these people are saints (and also very wealthy), giving away free meds is not how they are paying for all of this. But think however you want, if you happen to give free meds to your patients and are not doing anything outside the realm of legality, and you are not losing money, than more power to you.

And if you are not losing money, please post how you are doing so because i have not found a way to do it yet.....

well im sure my c.g still deals with his friends that he has always dealt with,,that is waht makes it possible for him to give free mm to his pt's,,guess what I dont care if he is selling to non pt's, I did that for over 30yrs who am i to judge someone for doing what i did, and I wont ever turn a friend in need down pt or not, Im not up on no high horse thinkin im better than everyone else cause i got legal, i dont think there is anything wrong with peopls smoking weed, or drinking or what ever they want to do, just dont mess with me or mine and your all good in my book! wtf cares who sells waht to who? it aint no ones business! tend to your own business and life will be easier for you!

I know I could make all kinds of cash and give lots away!; I always did! bunny muffin in 82 i walked into a gmc car dealer ship and paid cash for a van, all from supplying weed to friends! I was 19 yrs old brand new van that i customized and didnt owe a penny on, didnt get full coverage either, cause i knew i could replace it if i needed to with my ill gotten gains! :sword:

Im a bad bad man! oh well shoot me!

Peace

FTW

Jim

who cares what who is doing i look at it like this if you don't want it don't buy it no one is twisting your arm ,most pepole on here want some thing for nothing.good luck if they sell to a desp so what you don't have to go there and buy it if it is not cured what biss is it of your's don't buy it.grow your own and you don't have to worry about it.

so everyone is providing meds to patients that are not directly linked to them??? I guess thats where we differ, unless I can do it and not get harassed by the cops I am not doing it. Dont get me wrong, I wish dispensaries were legal, but they are not 100% within the law as of right now.....so I guess I was correct in my assumptions, that being, these guys/girls with large grows are providing meds to more patients than those directly connected to them through the state.

I guess we can call the courts and tell them we have it all figured out.....

Who needs a cg when p2p is legal as addressed by Judge Chamberlain my 1000w light i can get .5 g/watt and that is way under my plant count costs me about 30-50 an ounce, im on SSD and get about 700 a month to live on did i mrntion i can smoke a quarter in 2-3 days cause of my illness well i looked for a cg when i first got legal 280-300 an ounce bottom line. So minimum 200% markup we are now no better than the pharmaceutical comps themselves. Before weed was legal i never paid more than 300 for top shelf bud and it was cured. I am just sayin flower the cg model and learn how to grow your own yes there can be stress at first but it is so rewarding...sorry for my rambling day 1 of 21 no bud....no money..back to pharmas hands

the numbers being tossed about are crazy

dont need to grow 12 plants if the patient dont need it

dont need to try to get 2lb plants

dont need $$$$$ opps

dont need to waste all the energy to do so

Overages cause problems....grow according to your needs

dont need a care giver ...just a bean, sum dirt and a lot of love..GYO

we all fall somewhere tween greed and charity....where ya at?

compassion is its own reward

I'm saying that making anything over your expenses and time is a rip off. The business model showcases the thinking of a grower in it to make money and the justification for it.

As for me, we all share the bills and split the harvest equally, each costing about $150 a month for our medication. As I said, I've been growing since 1958, and adding a few people to share it is not a problem and doesn't cost me, I end up getting help with utilities and labor that I didn't have on my own.

Hope that clears it up a little.

1T

I wish there were more growers with the same thought process. I'm in the market for a CG and they all want at least $500 every month

They don't get everything for free, every harvest they get a free sample between 14 and 28 grams. Anything over that they pay around 10 a gram. Anything they don't need I offer to other patients and CGs on a slightly higher price scale becasue I do not have the right to their plants therefore other patients are not contributing to the harvest weight like my 5 patients plants are. It's simple, effective and I have 5 happy patients, as well as other patients I know that are also satisfied with the meds I have shared.

That's about how I do it, but on a monthly basis, they pay wholesale pricing above what I give to them for "free". Really it's payment to be able to grow their plants. My patients have been nothing but happy with me and it's been a positive experience for both I've always been able to provide for my patients even though there have been months where I didn't make money. That's normal for any startup business. Fortunately I have grown for several years so I had a fair amount of the equipment already, I just had to buy more lights, and of course the day to day expenses. I have had some growing pains, but now am producing way more than my patients use and the rest goes to the dispensary or other Patient/Caregivers at a higher price.

I also wanted to point out that while the caregiver business shouldn't make any money, you should still be able to pay yourself a salary out of the business. This is only fair as pulling off a state of the art grow with minimal plants while maximizing yield takes a considerable amount of time. And you have to be there 7 days a week (or should be there) so I think its only fair that the caregiver finds a way to be compensated. Whether thats by his patients or through alternate methods like I am doing, that's up to the the caregiver and their patients to work out.

Oh, and I wanted to point out that my patients are all living on fixed incomes, they can't afford to pay for their cannabis medication. So, this works out well for all of us, and if I can sell to them at wholesale and have them make a little money selling to another patient for a little more, then more power to them. It's their product at that point.

• 1 month later...

Archived