Nute Question

medicineman420

Hi I am inexperienced on my second grow, first grow i gave nutes at every watering and my girls turned out pretty good i just didnt flush them properly. Just wondering if i should give nutes at every feeding or back off. Using GH flora series in FFOF soil, my pH is at 6.5 and my runoff is around 5.2-5.5. I was experiencing Mg defiency but that was when i was feeding w water at around 8.5 and like i said fixed that problem im running different strains so i dont know how well they will respond to nutes BOG lifesaver, afghan kush, pineapple express. im just so worried about my girls i dont want to screw up my medicine... i cant figure out how to re-size my pics but u can see them here..http://www.rollitup.org/indoor-growing/400048-nutrient-question.html...still dealing w Mg defiency i have gone to full strength nutes and added about another 1/4 tsp epsom salt to my water well see if the issue is resolved

• 2 weeks later...

If your pH is 8.5 to begin with, then you have a fair amount of dissolved "stuff" in your water already...likely pushing 300ppm. That "stuff" is probably calcium, so you can add all the CalMag you want, but since the you won't change the ratio of Ca and Mg, you won't solve the problem if, indeed, it is a Mg defficiency. It isn't about giving the plants enough of each, but the proper ratio.

There is a GH Micro made for hard water. It has less Ca in it. I think 1% down from 5%. If you run the Lucas formula (8ml GH Micro - the purple stuff - and 16ml of bloom - the pink stuff) using the Micro for hard water, you will probably see good results. Some people mix Micro for hard water with Mirco for regular water too - to adjust the Calcium/Magnesiun ratio further.

One word of caution. I have talked to a few folks who have had similar problems, and we didn't realize how quickly the issues were resolved because the grower didn't realize that once the leaves get spotty, they don't recover. If your new growth look good and the old growth doesn't get worse, you're good.

Guess what w the epsom salts my spotty leaves did recover...i will never use cal/mag why pay when dolomite and epsom are so cheap as for pH that was resolved in week 2...i am doing nutes w every other feeding GH...they are lovin it...no burn and the 7 gal smart pots seem to be doing the trick aerating the roots...i am keeping a grow log and will post it after harvest call me paranoid

Archived