This Is Why My Wife & I Choose To Medicate With Cannabis

This is why my wife and I choose to medicate with cannabis vs. taking harmful, addicting, and internal organ destroying narcotics and opiate-based pain pills.

I could list over a dozen pills we have been prescribed in the last few years, but in the interest of time and space I will only list four medications and their side effects.

Note: If you would like me to list more (or look up different medicines) I will.

(PERCOCET) - nausea, vomiting, constipation, lightheadedness, dizziness, drowsiness, flushing, vision changes, or mental/mood changes. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience slow/irregular breathing, slow/irregular heartbeat, or a change in the amount of urine. AN ALLERGIC REACTION to this medicine is a possiblility. Seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.

(FLEXERIL) - constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, fatigue, nausea, nervousness, and stomach pain. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience chest pain, confusion, fainting, fast or irregular heartbeat, mental or mood changes, numbness of an arm or a leg, one-sided weakness, seizures, sudden severe stomach pain, severe vomiting, speech, or vision problems, trouble urinating, or yellowing of the skin or eyes. An allergic reaction to this medication is possible. Symptoms include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.

(MOBIC) - constipation, diarrhea, gas, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, or dizziness. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you have ringing of the ears. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience a fast or irregular heartbeat; sharp or crushing chest pain; sudden shortness of breath; sudden leg pain; sudden severe headache; vomiting, dizziness, or fainting; changes in vision; numbness of an arm or leg; slurred speech; one-sided weakness; mental or mood changes; sudden unexplained weight gain; change in amount of urine produced; blood in the urine; severe or persistent stomach pain; vomit that looks like coffee grounds; black tarry stools; itching, reddened, swollen, blistered, painful, or peeling skin, yellowing of the skin or eyes; dark urine; right-sided tenderness; severe or persistent tiredness; fever, chills, or sore throat; severe or persistent nausea; swelling of hands, feet, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; difficulty swallowing or breathing; or hoarseness. AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO THIS MEDICINE is possible and seek immediate medical attention if this occurs. Symptoms include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.

(NEURONTIN) - Patients who take this medicine may be at increased risk for suicidal thoughts or actions. Side effects include: tiredness, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, back pain, dry mouth, constipation, increased appetite, or an upset stomach. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you experience decreased coordination, changes in vision (double or blurred vision) back and forth eye movements, flu-like symptoms, persistent sore throat or fever, swelling of ankles, memory loss, or trouble speaking. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience chest pain, fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat, new or worsening mental or mood changes (eg, depression), suicidal thoughts or actions, or tremor. An allergic reaction is also a possibility. Symptoms include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.

So, these are our laundry list of explanations of why we prefer to medicate with cannabis. We feel better! We have a better quality of life! Cannabis has made our life better in a multitude of ways.

Mizerman

p.s. I have to give credit to my wife for wanting to share this and tell our story. Seems the Oakland Press moderators don't want people to list the harmful side effects of these pills. Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmmmm.........."

This is why my wife and I choose to medicate with cannabis vs. taking harmful, addicting, and internal organ destroying narcotics and opiate-based pain pills.

I could list over a dozen pills we have been prescribed in the last few years, but in the interest of time and space I will only list four medications and their side effects.

Note: If you would like me to list more (or look up different medicines) I will.

<snip>

Mizerman

p.s. I have to give credit to my wife for wanting to share this and tell our story. Seems the Oakland Press moderators don't want people to list the harmful side effects of these pills. Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmmmm.........."

Thanks for starting this thread Mizerman. The mainstream media does not like to talk about all of the side effects of these toxic substances that the medical community pushes on patients. But they sure love to focus on the side effects of cannabis. Other than the dangers of inhaling any kind of smoke it seems that the major side effect from medical cannabis is that people enjoy using it. :thumbsu:

I'll list four that I have quit taking this year with the side effects that affected me most in bold letters.

MS Contin:

The urge to take more morphine than prescribed or for a non-medical purpose

Falling or unsteadiness

Unusual changes in mood or behavior

Severe constipation

Confusion

A slow heart rate (bradycardia)

Difficulty passing urine

Low blood pressure (hypotension)

Slow or irregular breathing

Severe drowsiness

Seizures

Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:

An unexplained rash

Hives

Itching

Swelling of the mouth or throat

Wheezing

Difficulty breathing.

These less common morphine side effects include, but are not limited to:

A spinning sensation (vertigo)

Abnormal dreams

Absent menstrual periods

Accidental injury

Anemia

Back pain

Blurred vision or double vision

Changes in taste

Chills

Diarrhea and cramps

Difficulty passing urine

Difficulty swallowing

Dry mouth

Dry skin

Facial flushing

Fever

Fluid retention

Heart palpitations

Hiccups

High blood pressure (hypertension)

Indigestion or heartburn

Insomnia

Loss of appetite

Sexual side effects, such as impotence (erectile dysfunction, or ED), decreased sex drive, or abnormal ejaculation

Stiff or shaky muscles

Sweating

Taste changes

Thirst

Unusual dreams

Voice changes

Weakness

Weight loss.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LYRICA

The most common side effects of Lyrica include

- mild-to-moderate dizziness and sleepiness

- Blurred vision

- weight gain

- dry mouth

- swelling of the hands and feet

The side effects appeared to be dose-related.

Lyrica can impair motor function and cause problems with concentration and attention.

1. LYRICA may cause serious, even life-threatening, allergic reactions.

Stop taking LYRICA and call your healthcare provider right away if you have any of these signs of a serious allergic reaction:

• swelling of your face, mouth, lips, gums, tongue, throat or neck

• trouble breathing

• rash, hives (raised bumps) or blisters

2. Like other antiepileptic drugs, LYRICA may cause suicidal thoughts or actions in a very small number of people, about 1 in 500.

Call a healthcare provider right away if you have any of these symptoms, especially if they are new, worse, or worry you:

thoughts about suicide or dying

attempts to commit suicide

new or worse depression

new or worse anxiety

feeling agitated or restless

panic attacks

trouble sleeping (insomnia)

new or worse irritability

acting aggressive, being angry, or violent

acting on dangerous impulses

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CYMBALTA

- nausea

- dry mouth

- insomnia

- drowsiness

- constipation

- fatigue

- dizziness.

Other serious side effects include:

- liver damage

- allergic reactions such as hives, rashes and/or swelling of the face

- pneumonia

- depressed mood

- suicide

- suicidal thoughts and behavior.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PRILOSEC

Diarrhea; gas; headache; nausea; stomach pain; vomiting.

constipation

diarrhoea

flatulence

headaches

nausea

vomiting

stomach pain

dizziness

feeling faint

light-headedness

paraesthesiae

itching

skin rash or rashes

sleepiness

urticaria

vertigo

general feeling of being unwell

dermatitis

difficulty sleeping

aggressive behaviour

feeling agitated

hair loss

blurred vision

skin problems

depression

dry mouth

hallucinations

impotence

sweating

confusion

muscle weakness

muscle pain or tenderness

photosensitivity

taste changes

swelling of the extremities

inflammation of the mouth

gastrointestinal infections

blood and bone marrow problems

jaundice erythema multiforme

Stevens-Johnson syndrome

toxic epidermal necrolysis

metabolic problems

liver problems

hypersensitivity reactions such as angioedema, anaphylactic shock, bronchospasm, fever or kidney problems

breast enlargement (I am a man – not common in women)

joint pain

arthritis

I have also cut back on the dose of two other meds and when I can afford to increase my cannabis intake I plan to reduce the dose even more and/or eliminate these toxic drugs altogether.

Yeah the side effects of many meds is almost rediculous. My wife still thinks I am crazy for using cannabis to help my asthma but finally after months I think she is starting to realize it is AWESOME. One day in a little bit of anger at me using she searched the net for bad side effects of cannabis and the only one she came up with was Rapid Heart Rate. Almost all meds can have that side effect and actually both inhalers I used twice daily had one of the main side effects as rapid heart rate. After seeing that her mind started to slowly change.I know only use Advair 1 time a day and albuterol a couple times week at most and that is mostly due to the cold weather. She is understanding now and soon many people will change there minds. Thanks Mizerman for the post I hope many people read this.

(PERCOCET) - nausea, vomiting, constipation, lightheadedness, dizziness, drowsiness, flushing, vision changes, or mental/mood changes. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience slow/irregular breathing, slow/irregular heartbeat, or a change in the amount of urine. AN ALLERGIC REACTION to this medicine is a possiblility. Seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.

(FLEXERIL) - constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, fatigue, nausea, nervousness, and stomach pain. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience chest pain, confusion, fainting, fast or irregular heartbeat, mental or mood changes, numbness of an arm or a leg, one-sided weakness, seizures, sudden severe stomach pain, severe vomiting, speech, or vision problems, trouble urinating, or yellowing of the skin or eyes. An allergic reaction to this medication is possible. Symptoms include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.

(MOBIC) - constipation, diarrhea, gas, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, or dizziness. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you have ringing of the ears. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience a fast or irregular heartbeat; sharp or crushing chest pain; sudden shortness of breath; sudden leg pain; sudden severe headache; vomiting, dizziness, or fainting; changes in vision; numbness of an arm or leg; slurred speech; one-sided weakness; mental or mood changes; sudden unexplained weight gain; change in amount of urine produced; blood in the urine; severe or persistent stomach pain; vomit that looks like coffee grounds; black tarry stools; itching, reddened, swollen, blistered, painful, or peeling skin, yellowing of the skin or eyes; dark urine; right-sided tenderness; severe or persistent tiredness; fever, chills, or sore throat; severe or persistent nausea; swelling of hands, feet, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; difficulty swallowing or breathing; or hoarseness. AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO THIS MEDICINE is possible and seek immediate medical attention if this occurs. Symptoms include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.

(NEURONTIN) - Patients who take this medicine may be at increased risk for suicidal thoughts or actions. Side effects include: tiredness, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, back pain, dry mouth, constipation, increased appetite, or an upset stomach. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you experience decreased coordination, changes in vision (double or blurred vision) back and forth eye movements, flu-like symptoms, persistent sore throat or fever, swelling of ankles, memory loss, or trouble speaking. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience chest pain, fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat, new or worsening mental or mood changes (eg, depression), suicidal thoughts or actions, or tremor. An allergic reaction is also a possibility. Symptoms include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.

So, these are our laundry list of explanations of why we prefer to medicate with cannabis. We feel better! We have a better quality of life! Cannabis has made our life better in a multitude of ways.

Mizerman

Oakland Press moderators

you mean the good old boys LOL

Yeah the side effects of many meds is almost rediculous. My wife still thinks I am crazy for using cannabis to help my asthma but finally after months I think she is starting to realize it is AWESOME. One day in a little bit of anger at me using she searched the net for bad side effects of cannabis and the only one she came up with was Rapid Heart Rate. Almost all meds can have that side effect and actually both inhalers I used twice daily had one of the main side effects as rapid heart rate. After seeing that her mind started to slowly change.I know only use Advair 1 time a day and albuterol a couple times week at most and that is mostly due to the cold weather. She is understanding now and soon many people will change there minds. Thanks Mizerman for the post I hope many people read this.

One day in a little bit of anger at me using she searched the net for bad side effects of cannabis and the only one she came up with was Rapid Heart Rate.

the biggest side affect of cannabis is RAIDS

Lyrica, Funny you should mention that. The government decided that I should have a huge copay on this medicine. This despite the fact I have had neuropathy x 10 years and most times my pain levels are off the charts. I have three disabled people in the house and my disability check pays all the bills. Guess being part of a movement like this is a reason to kill me. I had no choice but to drop most of my meds including my rescue inhaler. Now when I wake up gasping, I just push through it. Just the cheap basics now and my MMJ. I'll never be dependent on the government again. I just don't get it. Thanks for your great post! Joe

Yeah, as far as Lyrica is concerned I think I was first prescribed that back in 2005/06 - whenever the MediCare Prescription Drug Plan went into effect.

At first, it helped me greatly - then, the side effects started to raise their ugly head and thankfully those began at the time when my cost for Lyrica escalated to the point where it just wasn't worth it for me to have filled. Cost & Side effects = no thanks.

I know that Neurontin is basically the generic equivalent to Lyrica but I had a terrible allergic reaction when prescribed that along with Vioxx back in 2002 when my feet swelled up to the point that they both looked like eggplants.

I just wanted to say thank-you again to you Blueberry for being my friend, allowing me to post here, and allowing me the opportunity to educate myself on what is best for my body and its internal organs.

Thanks again,

Mizerman

p.s. Well, I gotta run. I promised a friend I would deliver some of The Midwest Cultivators for her today. It is another fabulous issue! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Just threw out my prescription of Mobic . And they wanted me on it for life lmao . I refuse to use these chemical cocktails and wish others would speak out of the truth , most of these are synthetic drugs made in labs using who knows what and in the end nobody knows what will happen from long term . I refuse to take Narcotics , Anti Inflamitories as well as any other darn drug they try to push upon me , like riddlin , zanax as well as antidepressants . Been there done that and I wish to live and love not live and hate . Eventually these chemicals alter the brain and it becomes wired with a shady connection to the dark side simply put , Doubt me then just take one pill and see what one beer can do , yoiu get the idea ? I love speaqking the truth that Cannabis relieves my neverve damage as no lab chemical can do so cliniclaly proven .

The side effects of the Mobic are scarier than any medication I have ever been prescribed.

Mizerman

Hey Joe, one of my patients is a quadriplegic who has suffered extreme neuralgia for ten years since her accident. She started on a low dose (.06 g/ml, 4 times daily) of green dragon in October. Since starting she has needed no doses of the following:

Carbamazepine (seizure control), Dantrolene (muscle relaxant), Diazepam (Valium)(muscle spasms), Lidocaine (pain), Duloxetine (depression), Hydrocodone (pain), and morphine (pain).

She has also cut way back on anti-constipation medications that were required due to narcotic constipation.

Anytime I see an article about medical marijuana being a scam, I write to the author asking them if she would be better going back to these drugs instead of tincture.

I never get a reply. They hate the facts.

As a side note, we have now switched her med to a green dragon made with glycerin. Much easier on the mucus membranes.

Glad people liked it.

Lyrica is also one of the pills I no longer take.

Mizerman

Six weeks after my lumbar fusion in March I told my doctor that it was nice not having sciatica anymore and when the neuropathy wasn't flaring up all I had to deal with was the chronic pain from my muscular atrophy. So he put me on Lyrica for the neuropathy. Within ten days I started stumbling a lot, three or four times a day, and over the next two weeks I fell four times. I kept getting more and more depressed. One morning I stumbled and hurt my back really bad. That's when I had the thought that I, and everyone else, would be better off if I wasn't around anymore. WTF?!!!

Shortly thereafter I saw the commercial for Lyrica. Side effects include depression and suicidal thoughts. The next morning I called the doctor to tell him I would no longer be taking Lyrica. On my next visit he prescribed Cymbalta. After ten days or so I started getting depressed again. I checked the side effects for Cymbalta and they were almost identical to Lyrica. I stopped Cymbalta too.

Fortunately I was able to start using medibles and Jack Herer stopped my neuropathy! No more depression. I still stumble once every couple of weeks, but I haven't fallen down in over six months!

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Big pharm and the feds think these side affects are acceptable.

NEURONTIN (GABAPENTIN)(for nerve pain)

drowsiness, tiredness or weakness, dizziness, headache, shaking of a part of your body that you cannot control, double or blurred vision, unsteadiness, anxiety, memory problems, strange or unusual thoughts, unwanted eye movements, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea, dry mouth, constipation, weight gain, swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, back or joint pain, fever, runny nose, sneezing, cough, sore throat, or flu-like symptoms, ear pain, red, itchy eyes (sometimes with swelling or discharge), rash, itching, swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, or eyes, hoarseness, difficulty swallowing or breathing, seizures.

METHOCARBIMOL (for muscle spasms & neck pain)

Stomach upset, nausea, flushing, constipation, headache, blurred vision, lightheadedness, dizziness or drowsiness may occur during the first few days as your body adjusts to this medication. (If these symptoms persist or become severe, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects). fast/slow heartbeat, fainting, yellowing eyes or skin, persistent nausea/vomiting, stomach/abdominal pain, mental/mood changes, clumsiness, trouble urinating, signs of infection (e.g., persistent sore throat, fever).This medication may cause your urine to turn green-black in color. This harmless effect is temporary and will disappear when the medication is stopped. rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.This is not a complete list of possible side effects.

SPIRIVIA INHALER (for COPD)

Blurred vision; constipation; dry mouth; mild nosebleed; sinus inflammation; sore throat; stomach pain; vomiting.

rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; difficult or painful urination; eye pain or discomfort; fast or irregular heartbeat; irritation, pain, or white patches in the mouth or on the tongue; mouth sores; new or worsened breathing problems; severe or persistent constipation; severe or persistent nosebleed; trouble swallowing; vision changes (eg, halos, colored images); wheezing.

FORADIL INHALER (for COPD)

Dizziness; dry mouth; headache; nausea; nervousness; stomach pain or upset; stuffy nose; throat irritation; tiredness; tremor; trouble sleeping, rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; new or worsening asthma symptoms (eg, increased chest tightness, coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing); severe or persistent headache, dizziness, tremor, or nervousness; severe or persistent muscle pain or cramps; symptoms of high blood sugar (eg, increased thirst, hunger, or urination; drowsiness; flushing of the skin; confusion; fruit-like breath odor); trouble speaking.

MOMETASONE FURATE POWDER INHALER (for COPD)

changes in vision, infection, trouble breathing or wheezing, unusual swelling, white patches or sores in the mouth or throat, coughing, hoarseness or throat irritation, dry mouth, headache, loss of taste, or unpleasant taste, stomach upset

MEDICAL CANNABIS (for all of the above)

None.

Ain't life grand.

1T

Big pharm and the feds think these side affects are acceptable.

NEURONTIN (GABAPENTIN)(for nerve pain)

drowsiness, tiredness or weakness, dizziness, headache, shaking of a part of your body that you cannot control, double or blurred vision, unsteadiness, anxiety, memory problems, strange or unusual thoughts, unwanted eye movements, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea, dry mouth, constipation, weight gain, swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, back or joint pain, fever, runny nose, sneezing, cough, sore throat, or flu-like symptoms, ear pain, red, itchy eyes (sometimes with swelling or discharge), rash, itching, swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, or eyes, hoarseness, difficulty swallowing or breathing, seizures.

METHOCARBIMOL (for muscle spasms & neck pain)

Stomach upset, nausea, flushing, constipation, headache, blurred vision, lightheadedness, dizziness or drowsiness may occur during the first few days as your body adjusts to this medication. (If these symptoms persist or become severe, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects). fast/slow heartbeat, fainting, yellowing eyes or skin, persistent nausea/vomiting, stomach/abdominal pain, mental/mood changes, clumsiness, trouble urinating, signs of infection (e.g., persistent sore throat, fever).This medication may cause your urine to turn green-black in color. This harmless effect is temporary and will disappear when the medication is stopped. rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.This is not a complete list of possible side effects.

SPIRIVIA INHALER (for COPD)

Blurred vision; constipation; dry mouth; mild nosebleed; sinus inflammation; sore throat; stomach pain; vomiting.

rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; difficult or painful urination; eye pain or discomfort; fast or irregular heartbeat; irritation, pain, or white patches in the mouth or on the tongue; mouth sores; new or worsened breathing problems; severe or persistent constipation; severe or persistent nosebleed; trouble swallowing; vision changes (eg, halos, colored images); wheezing.

FORADIL INHALER (for COPD)

Dizziness; dry mouth; headache; nausea; nervousness; stomach pain or upset; stuffy nose; throat irritation; tiredness; tremor; trouble sleeping, rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; new or worsening asthma symptoms (eg, increased chest tightness, coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing); severe or persistent headache, dizziness, tremor, or nervousness; severe or persistent muscle pain or cramps; symptoms of high blood sugar (eg, increased thirst, hunger, or urination; drowsiness; flushing of the skin; confusion; fruit-like breath odor); trouble speaking.

MOMETASONE FURATE POWDER INHALER (for COPD)

changes in vision, infection, trouble breathing or wheezing, unusual swelling, white patches or sores in the mouth or throat, coughing, hoarseness or throat irritation, dry mouth, headache, loss of taste, or unpleasant taste, stomach upset

MEDICAL CANNABIS (for all of the above)

None.

Ain't life grand.

1T

My wife takes Neurontin and it scares the "you know what" out of me.

Thanks for saying all that you did 1TokeOverLine.

At least I know we are not alone.

IF my wife and I can get an "affordable" consistent supply we can ditch ALL of the narcotics and opiate-based pain medication.

Mizerman

• 4 weeks later...

I've been talking with Representative Ken Yonker and his position is that he wants me to keep taking pills.

When did these AZZHOLES become doctors?

Why are politicians trying to make medical decisions for me?

Mizerman

p.s. I want to go to his office in Lansing next week

And one of the most prescribed and misused opiates out there.

Norco

Generic Name: acetaminophen and hydrocodone (a SEET a MIN oh fen and hye droe KOE done)

Brand Names: Anexsia, Dolorex Forte, Hycet, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lortab, Maxidone, Norco, Polygesic, Stagesic, Vicodin, Xodol, Zamicet, Zydone

Norco side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

• shallow breathing, slow heartbeat;
  • feeling light-headed, fainting;
  • confusion, fear, unusual thoughts or behavior;
  • seizure (convulsions);
  • problems with urination; or
  • nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).

Less serious Norco side effects may include:

• feeling anxious, dizzy, or drowsy;
  • mild nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, constipation;
  • headache, mood changes;
  • blurred vision;
  • ringing in your ears; or
  • dry mouth.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088

gallery_13455_643_10063.jpg

This is direct result of a medically prescribed treatment using prednisone - an anti inflammatory steroid. Steroids destroy bone mass. Chronic bone pain due to breakage and collapse is a daily occurrence. I know of members of this board who have far worse conditions...

With allergies to opiates and the obvious dangers related to several of the above mentioned pharmaceuticals there are no other options for pain management insurance will cover. In our case as with others, prescribed pharmaceutical treatments have done far more damage than the disease itself.

It is worth the fight for dignity and a quality of life. Thank gawd for 60+ % of the votes.

FYI - "...cannabinoids (are) useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases". -US Patent 6630507

Archived