Southfield To Vote On Marijuana Zone 7Pm Jan 18Th

Croppled1

For News Article hit link below :

http://www.freep.com...-marijuana-zone

Not only is this in violation of the right to farm act but also outside the spirit of Proposal 1 2008 as it would impede safe access for those able to grow but unable to travel at will . I am sure others will be able to come up with more objections such as forced registry by zoning license registration requirements .

Resistance from prohibitionist activists in employment , law enforcement , goverment , education ect. require patients be protected from public knowledge of their activities while discrimination against medicinal cannabis is slowly erradicated by time .

Medicinal Cannabis use sadly in many uneducated minds is stigmatized but just as the unjust walls of community access by disabillity have been erroded slowly so will this predjudice fall . .

Patients should never be incarcerated without their normal medical routines that often require dosing every few hours on very dangerous to discontinue dependant medications like Xannax , Valium , Fentanyl , Lyrica etc . like currently happens and has lead to many patient deaths never investigated or properly attributed ,as well as causing , injury and severe mental and physical suffering . This is why being anonymous to avoid confrontation with prohibitionists is still very important for many while society matures in it's ideology and acceptance of Cannabis ... it is a safe effective herbal supplement to asssit in easing symptoms of injury and disease in patients promoting natural healing .

It is time to face up to what the drug war has done to relationships between authorities and citizens .Without Cannabis erradication funds , fines , and forfieture the DEA budjet , drug programs , and prohibitionist activities would collapse for lack of funds .No wonder there is so much resistance to common sense regarding stripping all the unjust laws back off the books and just returning the plant to nature for adult Citizens to use in a responsable manner based on perceived benefit . The path of prohibition as a preventive measure goes against our most basic principles of freedom and a right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty of a real crime that injures another . Those who are not sick or injured do not realize how many of our freedoms are being sacrificed under the concepts of prohibition and managed health care .

We can learn much from those who protested unjust treatment before us . Though many will say we choose our situation ( patients suffering terribley know thats not always true ) .As Medicinal Cannabis users we " have a dream " and " now is the time " . I repeat we can learn much from great leaders who fought and made gains against unjustice and seperation from mainstream society in the past . Thanks to Dr King I have a dream that one day patients will not be judged by medicinal Cannabis use but the content of their character without feeling apathy that they will not be accepted as full Citizens with all rights and privilages of any other . " Let Freedom ring ." Below is a link to Dr Kings most famous protest and speech on this National Holiday .

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica." - Abraham Lincoln (from a letter written by Lincoln during his presidency to the head of the Hohner Harmonica Company in Germany)

LInk to Southfield City Council Meeting Information and agenda

http://www.cityofsou...da/Default.aspx

There are some communities that said, 'Hey, our people voted for this; we've got to do it,' " said Phil McKenna, president of McKenna Associates, a municipal planning firm working with more than two dozen Michigan communities on medical marijuana laws. "And there are others that are saying, 'What we voted for isn't what we're getting.' I think there's a lot of confusion out there."

Read more: Southfield to vote on marijuana zone | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20110117/NEWS05/101170375/Southfield-to-vote-on-marijuana-zone#ixzz1BId4TIWE

no we did not know what we were voting for if we would have known that we were to be Raided no one would of voted for it well i guess they did not no i would think they did not vote for it

a sad day for southfield

Just sipping coffee and maybe I missed the address.

Where exactly is this to be held?

Mizerman

I checked and due to the Holiday the Meeting is Jan 18th , 2010 . Last weeks meeting may of been the public input session those interested should further investigate .

I checked and due to the Holiday the Meeting is Jan 18th , 2010 . Last weeks meeting may of been the public input session those interested should further investigate .

Can you please provide evidence that that the council was going to ban home grows? I can't find it anywhere. It looks like they were just going to allow an area for caregivers to grow outside of a residential neighborhood. They were trying to further MMJ rights.

Please tell me you have evidence to the contrary. Otherwise, all you did was support a moratorium.

Again, please provide me with the evidence that someone's right to grow at home was being attacked.

Can you please provide evidence that that the council was going to ban home grows? I can't find it anywhere. It looks like they were just going to allow an area for caregivers to grow outside of a residential neighborhood. They were trying to further MMJ rights.

Please tell me you have evidence to the contrary. Otherwise, all you did was support a moratorium.

Again, please provide me with the evidence that someone's right to grow at home was being attacked.

It is in the body of the article of the link provided . However I encourage you to investigate further . What I firust thought is you would loose the abillity to be anonymous from Federal Discovery if you had to registrar as a business and you would see a dramitic increase in costs . The discussion that their may be the abillity to do waivers on a case by case basis also violates the act IMHO you already have the right to not be known outside the MDCH database unless there is a problem . IT is up to Law Enforcement to adapt to that situation not you or your local laws to modify it . Not that any of us want confrontation or to be part of a problem .

Southfield's guidelines propose locating caregiver growing operations in five light industrial districts. The businesses must be at least 200 feet from residential areas.

The city has 20 potential sites, Croad said.

ACLU of Michigan staff attorney Dan Korobkin said Friday that Southfield's law is too restrictive.

"I think having so few areas you can do that, and making it so you have to open up a business, means you're placing unreasonable regulations on caregivers," Korobkin said.

Read more: Southfield to vote on marijuana zone | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com...e#ixzz1BcMoY3QQ

Archived