Monthly MMMA "STATE OF THE UNION" Address

i'm not trying to create waves......... nor am i calling out blueberry..... god knows that man does MORE THAN enough for us as it is.

but as i heard promos for obama's "state of the union" address, i got to thinking..................

we should have a "State of the MMMA Address" and there is no reason to do this on a yearly basis........ i think monthly would be much better as things change in our community so often.

who do we support? who don't we? why?

what's new?

what are we hoping will be new?

updates on current major court cases that we back/fund?

there are tons of things that change from month to month and as our site grows it gets tougher to track all these things down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

im not trying to hold anybody accountable for anything........

i'm just thinking of a nice informative place where members can stay up-to-date on things.

many folks leave the site for medical/vacation/personal reasons and come back a month later and have no idea what's going on.

just a thought.

could be an admin or a mod..... or even a collection of all of us..............

maybe all the mods and admin could get together in one thread publicly once a month and spit a few lines about whats new and whats good??

maybe i'm just gazing at stars, but i think it's a good idea??

Huge great idea.

For one thing today I learned from pb's post that there are cases that MMMA funds. Who knew? NOT ME TIL TODAY.

A great brain wave. Hope to see it flower in the sun of much attention.

By the way for some reason it's been a month since I have been able to bring up the classifieds. Comes up blank--says classifieds on the top but no content--the bottom 3/4 of page is blank. Same over at buddy's house as I thot maybe it was me or my software. Hasn't hurt me any as I've found another site I'd never have tried, to post my available grow rooms for rent and has worked great there, but only went that site as so frustrated I could not post or read the classifieds on this board. Just tried and still can't.

Good idea! When I was gone for awhile, I missed a lot and was embarrassed when I came back not knowing some good things had happened, but since it'd take awhile to find them, I never looked, this could be where my next 2 ideas may work:

A "Weekly Review", and an "Upcoming Events" section. The only problem I see with the events section is, if someone puts something in at a later date, it might get missed because no one will see it. I'm not sure how to make it work, without putting more work on the mods...BUT... As long as people were watching the thread, they'd get notices when an update comes in. Any action alerts like court dates, protests, and meetings (other than cc meetings), but meetings like town hall, city council, etc. open meetings where the public is invited.

My ideas aren't thought out clearly but I'm sure someone will be able to do something with them.

Sb

What?? I find this site is kept current and pertinent. From the forum, to the news and the other resources, it is all here. We have some responsibility to keep ourselves informed. BB and many others give an abbreviated version of a State of the Union, as you suggest, almost daily. I appreciate the time and effort they expend.

What is more necessary is that useless stuff be removed or archived, making it easier to keep pace without having to wade through old news and forgotten resources. Some cc calendars are not being updated by their operators. I will go so far to suggest that any club with no activity in a to be determined period of time should be prompted by the mods to find out what is up. Short of getting an answer, those should be taken down. Mods or admins usually keep up with those things. Just keep it uncluttered and work to see that only appropriate information is displayed.

Archived