Michigan's Biggest Medical Marijuana Expo

This is a good example of what is going on with the MMMP.

Businesses and people with money want to get involved, but they do not listen to the right people, or even ask for other's opinion or suggestion. How many times have we offered our time and efforts to these people, and got abused - for the greed and ego of the people trying to put on events.

I do give credit to the AMMP to putting on a large scale show, in a public venue, in a hostile county and city. Not many of us have that ability to do that, I do appreciate that you tried to put the michigan medical marijuana program in good public light.

Now, to read about the personal stories of those that were there - it sounds like you failed to lay ground rules for your vendors.

Scantily clad women? Do you know that many patients are female? I am sure that was offensive. How about the fact that I am an older, law abiding, professional male, married - and using marijuana for MEDICAL reasons - why would I want to be around a place with strippers? Not legitimate. How will that look on the TV news? I would be embarassed.

Then to have a bus ferry people to a dispensary, it showed support for dispensaries, or one anyways. You should have ferried your patients to a 'farmer's market' - I am sure they would have liked to see competitive prices, a market where any michigan grower could show their wares, and even vend or barter their own grows. It does seem kind of sneaky - an expo to make business for a dispensary.

Then, they should have allowed many more compassion clubs to represent - they are representatives of the local voices of patients and CGs.

On the story about people approaching and offering meds, then suggesting you could flip it - that is just stupid. The Michigan medical marijuana program is about providing patients with medicine, to suggest re-selling is just what the LEO and politicans are fighting against.

I stayed away, and helped patients in my neighborhood.

-DN

"On the story about people approaching and offering meds, then suggesting you could flip it - that is just stupid. The Michigan medical marijuana program is about providing patients with medicine, to suggest re-selling is just what the LEO and politicans are fighting against."

It was the C.P.R. booth, i forget what it stood for, guys name was josh, and whatever you do, DONT TOUCH HIS PICTURES.........lol, what a donkey

This is a good example of what is going on with the MMMP.

Businesses and people with money want to get involved, but they do not listen to the right people, or even ask for other's opinion or suggestion. How many times have we offered our time and efforts to these people, and got abused - for the greed and ego of the people trying to put on events.

I do give credit to the AMMP to putting on a large scale show, in a public venue, in a hostile county and city. Not many of us have that ability to do that, I do appreciate that you tried to put the michigan medical marijuana program in good public light.

Now, to read about the personal stories of those that were there - it sounds like you failed to lay ground rules for your vendors.

Scantily clad women? Do you know that many patients are female? I am sure that was offensive. How about the fact that I am an older, law abiding, professional male, married - and using marijuana for MEDICAL reasons - why would I want to be around a place with strippers? Not legitimate. How will that look on the TV news? I would be embarassed.

Then to have a bus ferry people to a dispensary, it showed support for dispensaries, or one anyways. You should have ferried your patients to a 'farmer's market' - I am sure they would have liked to see competitive prices, a market where any michigan grower could show their wares, and even vend or barter their own grows. It does seem kind of sneaky - an expo to make business for a dispensary.

Then, they should have allowed many more compassion clubs to represent - they are representatives of the local voices of patients and CGs.

On the story about people approaching and offering meds, then suggesting you could flip it - that is just stupid. The Michigan medical marijuana program is about providing patients with medicine, to suggest re-selling is just what the LEO and politicans are fighting against.

I stayed away, and helped patients in my neighborhood.

-DN

I decided prior to even reading this thread, not to go.

Instead, I FINALLY became a paid 3MA member

and went shopping for a snow blower!

Yah, good scheme, nows the time to get a great deal on a blower.

Although based on Hempcheff's post it sound like there were some good blowers at the Expo center ;)

Newspaper, Quoted Rick Thompson saying he and the MACC was managing the event. Thanks, Bb

Sorry for taking so long to get back on here. I was curious if you recalled what paper that was in. A link would be even better =P I know it was over a week ago so if you don't recall, no big deal. Thanks for the reply though =D

I wanted to go to this event but changed my mind. I just heard from my neighbor that they went to this event now mind you they do not use marijuana they just wanted to see what it was about. They told me that they could not believe how shady it looked there. The girls were extremely under dressed and she said they had rap music playing and she said one girl just had her bra and a g-string on. She said it sure didn't look medical thats for sure...I have to tell you, I'm glad I didn't take my two grandkids with me let alone my husband..I'm a patient and I personally don't want to be seen in that light..Just my opinion :mellow:

I wanted to go to this event but changed my mind. I just heard from my neighbor that they went to this event now mind you they do not use marijuana they just wanted to see what it was about. They told me that they could not believe how shady it looked there. The girls were extremely under dressed and she said they had rap music playing and she said one girl just had her bra and a g-string on. She said it sure didn't look medical thats for sure...I have to tell you, I'm glad I didn't take my two grandkids with me let alone my husband..I'm a patient and I personally don't want to be seen in that light..Just my opinion :mellow:

I also should add that it made me embarrassed because I had to explain to them the difference between our compassion clubs and centers..I told her our club doesn't dispense. She said they had a shuttle to take you to Roseville. I don't know whats in Roseville? It just embarrassed me as a patient..Please dont bash me this is just what I heard today and it bothered me.

Archived