The Unknown Clone

Took part of past few days to review the retail catalogs from the major manufacturer's of hydro equipment, looking for why cloning on the plant is such a mystery to most. Found what I expected to find since when I asked retail clerks to recommend one product they carried specifically for Air Layering? 6 stores later had found every clerk claimed to be a grower but non had ever grown clones on the mother. And in the catalogs? No reference to it. Example: in Hydro Farm, not even in their slug on their imitation of Rapid Rooter (Root Riot)they direct one to slit the tube and slip it around the branch after it has has been cut from the plant. What of cloning on the plant? "What's that?" the clerk said and he had no idea how to recommend using Root Riot to accomplish it (enclose the Riot in saran wrap or press'n'seal or a plastic bag twist-tied onto the branch, next, cut a slit up top and keep wet with a turkey baster).

How to be a more efficient grower? How to have more plants yet still be legal? According to the industry, it's not necessary. But growers in the know root their clones on the mother and cut them after they're rooted, the opposite of what "everybody knows." There's a gray area as to when a clone should 'count,' but nothin' gray about the rooted clone still attached to the mother--it don't 'count.'

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Aw, now ya done it! Everyone will wanta do it now!!!! :notfair:

Not to hijack the thread, but experimenting in grafting is fun too!! :thumbsu:

(Funniest thing I ever saw was Grape Krush, AK47 and WW buds on the same plant.)

1T

• 3 months later...

How long does this normally take to root? I have tried once before, more of an accident then experimenting, and it took over a month to root. It was a pretty big side branch so I thought that was the reason. I have never tried it since though...

"According to the industry, it's not necessary. But growers in the know root their clones on the mother and cut them after they're rooted, the opposite of what "everybody knows.""

There are not a lot of necessities in growing marijuana but thousands of ways to perfect your craft...

Archived