The Brass Tacks On Gun Ownership And Caregiving

Indicat

There sometimes comes a time in a persons life when you have to ask yourself what is right. Are you a drug dealer protecting several kilos from mexico? Or are you a law abiding citizen that believes in the constitution? I personally believe that the right to bear arms is undeniable and I also believe the prohibition of MJ is unjust and unconstitutional.

The main reason a government would want to keep arms away from citizens would be to make sure there is never an uprising. Our democracy is based on the will of the people, not of the government, and the right to bear arms was set up so that if the government got out of control, the people wouldn't be helpless sheep. If no law abiding citizen had a firearm in the US, then we would be subject to rule just like Iraq, Lybia, etc.

I in no way suggest or condone using firearms to create an offensive against the government. However I do 100% believe in the right to own a gun for protection. As stated, LEO is reactionary, they are not there to protect you until after the incident has already started, and in many cases, after it is already done.

Someday I might want to get a pistol and a CCW. I have thought about it a lot. But for now I will continue without one, but if any MMJ person gets busted for a firearm charge, hope people like me are on the jury, because I will nullify that thing in an instant.

Cedar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before you will need to think about taking up arms against LEO, you will likely have to defend yourself from the breakdown of peaceful society. I don't mean to incite FUD myself, but I do worry that society is headed down a rough path due to loss of work, poor economy, cut off benefits, etc. Your guns remind those who might decide to steal what is yours, to behave.

DN

Archived