Po Box Address

Hazey_outlook

Hey guys, first post here.

I'm looking to become a caregiver for a family member and was just wondering if it would be best to get a po box and use that address on the mdch change form. Anyone else do that? Any problems from mdch? Just want every thing to go smoothly

Thanks

hazey

I dont think I would use a PO Box. I would use the address that the plants will be grown.

I put a po box on ALL my caregiver applications, have been doing so for 2 years without issue. I do not allow even my patients to know where my grow is. They get their medication delivered or meet me somewhere.

I will start doing this. It always bugged me the address being on patient card. If they misplace it, it might as well read steal weed here.

People do not confuse yourselves. Your ID, SS#, name are all one needs to get your address. And your license plates have your birth month. There is NO safety in trying to hide yourself, it is a false sense of security, you would be better served to be aware, you are not hidden in any way.

A copy of drivers license or state ID is required for the application for caregiver and patient, so the state will still have your address.

I'm not so much worried about that. Wouldn't matter anyway. Just don't want the card to have my street address on it for security purposes. In my eyes the meds I'll have are also a high valued product that some one may want to steal.

I've used a PO Box on every caregiver application. No problems with the MMMP. This is one extra step you should take to prevent uninvited guests and potential problems. Patient cards get passed around all the time between friends, dispensary's and who knows how many other people. A 'Best Practice' would be to use a PO BOX.

Agreed that using a PO Box address on your card(s) helps prevent uninvited eyes, and guns, from visiting you. Even if your garden is not where you live, a guy with a gun could come to your card-listed address and make you take him to it. The MDCH allows their use on application forms. A PO Box is a wise part of security protocols IMO.

R 333.103 New registration application; qualifying patient and primary caregiver. Rule 3. A qualifying patient applying for a registry identification card shall comply with all of the following: (a) Submit a completed application on a form provided by the department, together with the requisite fee. The completed application shall include all of the following: (i) Name, address, and date of birth of the qualifying patient. The address for the qualifying patient shall be a physical address located in this state. A qualifying patient who is homeless shall not be required to provide a physical address.

If they have accepted ones with po box is that to say that it's ok to do so?

Yes. I've asked this question in person to 2 ladies at the MDCH office and both said yes, then accepted my several address change forms to my PO Box. And the new plastic ID cards arrived showing the PO Box.

R 333.103 The address for the qualifying patient shall be a physical address located in this state. A qualifying patient who is homeless shall not be required to provide a physical address.

Excellent citation Hempcheff. Happy to confirm that the address where my PO Box is really is a physical building located in Michigan. I tried getting PO Box Number 1 in Heaven but was told the line for that was long, but if I was in a hurry then it's a short line for that honor in Hell. :devil:

People do not confuse yourselves. Your ID, SS#, name are all one needs to get your address. And your license plates have your birth month. There is NO safety in trying to hide yourself, it is a false sense of security, you would be better served to be aware, you are not hidden in any way.

I Agree,

Also, it would be pretty easy to just follow someone back to their grow after they are leaving a meeting or hydro shop.

You always have to be on your toes.

Archived