Waterford Trial

trix

Just spoke w/ Bob, he asked me to post a thread for the Waterford case trial, tomorrow its at 1pm.

Anyone that has any other details on this case please post, for I only have that small bit of information to share with you all..

Hope everything goes good for them..

Trix :bong2:

Just spoke w/ Bob, he asked me to post a thread for the Waterford case trial, tomorrow its at 1pm.

Anyone that has any other details on this case please post, for I only have that small bit of information to share with you all..

Hope everything goes good for them..

Bill & Candace Teichman were in 51st District Court this afternoon iin fron of Judge Richard D. Kuhn Jr. asking for an OK to use medical marijuana.

An attorney for people arrested during the Aug. 25 medical marijuana drug raids is calling the use of bogus cards by undercover officers “entrapment.”

As part of the case, it was revealed that medical marijuana cards were created for undercover officers on Oakland County Sheriff’s Office computers, said Jeffrey Perlman, attorney for William and Candace Teichman, who ran Everybody’s Cafe in Waterford Township.

The Teichmans were among 16 people arrested during the Aug. 25 drug sweep conducted by a county narcotics team. They were charged in August with counts related to delivery and manufacture of marijuana.

The officers then went to the café posing as patients to obtain medical marijuana, Perlman said.

“That’s the worst form of entrapment I ever heard of,” Perlman said, calling creation of the cards a crime.

John Nussbaumer, dean of Cooley Law School, Auburn Hills campus, said, “Generally speaking, state or local undercover police officers may misrepresent their identities so long as their conduct would not induce an otherwise law-abiding person to commit a crime in similar circumstances and is not so reprehensible that the court cannot tolerate it.”

“The law recognizes with certain activities, the only way to investigate is to lie a little,” he said. “So long as their conduct does not go overboard, it does not constitute entrapment.”

Perlman said the café people would not have sold to anyone unless they were legal medical marijuana cardholders.

Undersheriff Michael McCabe said the undercover officers who purchased marijuana were not registered patients of the caregivers.

“(The caregivers) were violating the Michigan Medical Marijuana law,” he said. “This is a smokescreen by the attorney.”

Perlman said, “That’s their intepretation.”

“A caregiver can sell to someone who is not their patient,” he said. “The act says it is illegal to sell to someone who is not certified by Michigan Department of Community Health, a 2-year felony. That implies the opposite is legal, meaning it is legal to sell to someone who is certified. Patient-to-patient transfers are not illegal.”

Oakland County Prosecuting Attorney Jessica Cooper said, “It sounds like he (the defendant) needs some legal advice.

“The entrapment defense is available to individuals involved in a criminal act. And who allege they wouldn’t have committed such an act, but for the conduct of the officers.

“I believe the defendants have alleged that they have done nothing illegal. Actually the defense wouldn’t apply to the facts in this case either way.”

hope this helps

holy smokes. i was just reading up on the judge that is assigned to their case in oakland county circuit court and she is definitely not a pro mmj judge or even a liberal one at that. i feel for these people. i truly do. if any of you went to this hearing today please share with us what happened. thank you for having a website like this. i never thought i would ever see anything like this in my lifetime. you can count on me to be with all of you on may 25th over in lansing.

what i love about the article is that it is so one sided they never once mentioned that the undercover law enforcement used fake id's and entraped the people totaly one sided article

true. defintely a one sided article. that info will all come out at a jury trial and that is why i am of the opinion that's the reason why the prosecution is trying to make this be a bench trial and not a jury trial. i feel bad for all those people and the lawyers involved. very scary situation. very scary. damned glad i do not live in oakland county and i will never go thru that place ever again.

I told you I'd drive Bob, you had a appointment didn't think you'd make it?

How did it go? I really wanted to go, just get sketched out by going alone..

My pc's processor is to slow to view the video keeps stopping every other word..

i had to go i did not have the gas and should of called you their were lots of things that the one sided paper don't tell but the Lawyer thats in the video is a great Lawyer and tells it like it is

Whereabouts is the court Bob, so people know...

If I can get the van in the AM, I will drive, I just asked and got beached at like I was a child about how expensive gas is..

it seems as much as I want to go, I have nothing left that I haven't sold(car)that I don't have to ask to borrow , in order to get there..

Mrs Teichman's independent drug screen showed no traces of meth or E as was alleged? That seems very fishy on the face of it, but what are we missing? Were they the same type of test? Was one blood and one urine? Was one the quick roadside type or was a lab involved? AHHHH!!! I hate shoddy reporting! :thumbsd:

They may have just plain made it up for the media - political reasons, essentially, knowing in the end it'd be discredited, but that no one would be watching when it was. "All medical users and growers are huge drug abusers that smoke METH!" is clearly the message they want to send.

Would not be the first time a prosecution involved lies...

They may have just plain made it up for the media - political reasons, essentially, knowing in the end it'd be discredited, but that no one would be watching when it was. "All medical users and growers are huge drug abusers that smoke METH!" is clearly the message they want to send.

Would not be the first time a prosecution involved lies...

Especially from this crowd in Oakland County - they have no shame.

Thanks John for the wake-up call LOL we all should find out more today i think some people don't understand as to whats going on and i don't ether the Lawyers no and some times don't tell thats why i show up

PS it's at the 1200 building on Telegraph

CRAP I thought it was this morning, from the PM I got. sorry man I owe you a smile after we hear dismissed in the morning!!

Mrs Teichman's independent drug screen showed no traces of meth or E as was alleged? That seems very fishy on the face of it, but what are we missing? Were they the same type of test? Was one blood and one urine? Was one the quick roadside type or was a lab involved? AHHHH!!! I hate shoddy reporting! :thumbsd:

As some one else said, my guess is they maliciously faked the results. But here is another possibility Crime lab wrong on over 20% of tests for marijuana .

Labs are rarely audited, but every time they are there is similar results.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/audit-reveals-crime-lab-chaos

The external audit found 190 cases in which lab workers produced reports ranging from incomplete to blatantly misleading(Including 3 death penalty cases)

http://wunc.org/programs/news/archive/0818_Cooper.mp3/view

As some one else said, my guess is they maliciously faked the results. But here is another possibility Crime lab wrong on over 20% of tests for marijuana .

Labs are rarely audited, but every time they are there is similar results.

http://www.sfexamine...crime-lab-chaos

The external audit found 190 cases in which lab workers produced reports ranging from incomplete to blatantly misleading(Including 3 death penalty cases)

http://wunc.org/prog...Cooper.mp3/view

I can say for me that once the Judge ordered me to quit using MM for a bond restriction 2x's a week, now get this THE DAY OF COURT I SMOKED, BEFORE COURT then the Judge ordered immediate levels ie; from urine tests... now I just smoked that day and passed for marijuana zero in my system.

OK now get this, we were fighting to get the bond restriction lifted, failed at first BUT we did get the test's dropped to 1x a week and no longer urine tests(due to my distended bladder)so they give me mouth swabs now yay!!!!!!!!!

What a joke those were, $20 bucks a pop, and Now at this time I cant smoke so I'm back on Lortab and valium, get this the mouth swab showed that there was amphetamines in my system but no opiates(lortab)or any benzo's(valium) the guy doing the test said that's why they don't like using mouth swabs they are horribly inaccurate, I passed every test from day 1 no drugs in my system. I know there was marijuana in it from the first day in court,but I had dropped clean urine each time and swear to god I never used any cover ups at all..

Tell me how that works?

My wife was a phlebotomist for 12 years. She knows all about the different tests, and generally, the longer the results take to receive the more accurate the test. I have mouth swabs from when my son was on probation that take 2 seconds (very inaccurate except for alcohol), there are instant urine screens that can issue false positives from the fabric softener on your undies, there are tox screens done in the lab at the hospital that are accurate enough for a Dr to recommend a course of treatment from but even they get tripped up on things like bleach and certain foods. Finally, and supposedly the most accurate, are the tests that are sent to the MSP crime lab...they take weeks or even months sometimes.

That's why I was curious to the actual type. ;)

Archived