Dust Shroom?

rockinlespaul

Anyone use these? They go over your inline fan....

The Horti-Control Dust Shroom is a reusable foam filter designed to keep dust, bugs, mold, and even bacteria out of indoor gardening areas and air cooled reflectors. This revolutionary product will keep your air cooled reflectors dust free, and keep mold and harmful bacteria out of your garden. Simply install this filter on your incoming air duct!

•Zero CFM loss

•Antimicrobial and antibacterial

•Washable and reusable

•Filters debris down to .1 micron

•Manufactured by UNI Filter in the USA

•5 year warranty

Just an idea but I looked into them and the price

Home Depot sells a pack of flat filters for floor vents. We got some and wraped them around a 6" net pot. Used rubber bands to hold them in place. They work great and I can replace each one for about 45 cents. Just a cheaper Idea

My local grow store carries them, however this is the footnote at the bottom of their web page that has been bugging me and keeping me from actually buying them as of yet:

Horti-Control Dust Shroom intake filters have to be cleaned and re-oiled regularly. The recharge (cleaning/oil) kit is not available to us yet, but the manufacturer suggests that you can use the same oil that you'd use on a K&N air filter for your car.

Because Dust Shrooms are kind of new to us, we don't know how long they can go between re-charges. We've been testing them out ourselves for a couple of months, and haven't had to clean or re-charge ours yet. Everyone's environment is different though, and a more dusty or pollen filled environment will obviously require more cleaning. So far, we're feeling very positive about adding aggressive filtration to our growroom air intakes.

Dust Shrooms come pre-oiled and are easy to install. Covered by a 5-year warranty.

My local grow store carries them, however this is the footnote at the bottom of their web page that has been bugging me and keeping me from actually buying them as of yet:

Horti-Control Dust Shroom intake filters have to be cleaned and re-oiled regularly. The recharge (cleaning/oil) kit is not available to us yet, but the manufacturer suggests that you can use the same oil that you'd use on a K&N air filter for your car.

Because Dust Shrooms are kind of new to us, we don't know how long they can go between re-charges. We've been testing them out ourselves for a couple of months, and haven't had to clean or re-charge ours yet. Everyone's environment is different though, and a more dusty or pollen filled environment will obviously require more cleaning. So far, we're feeling very positive about adding aggressive filtration to our growroom air intakes.

Dust Shrooms come pre-oiled and are easy to install. Covered by a 5-year warranty.

eww.. Yea i dont know about all that.

Ive got some K&N oil and cleaner in my garage now, but i dont want that stuff in my grow room or even around it.

I really dont want to have to clean it and grease it like its gonna go in my car or atv lol.

Ill wait until theres a lot more R&D with this one.

eww.. Yea i dont know about all that.

Ive got some K&N oil and cleaner in my garage now, but i dont want that stuff in my grow room or even around it.

I really dont want to have to clean it and grease it like its gonna go in my car or atv lol.

Ill wait until theres a lot more R&D with this one.

Agreed.

Will look better as well compared to the panty hose filters in place now . :rock:

hey i resemble that aqusation! i like the nylons on the dryer vent all winter to for heat in my basement lol,,,but i dont have g.r at home,,,but i remember the nylon daze,,,in fact glad i had some the other day,,,had to filter some scraps out of my personal butter,,,coffee filters suck! had to run and grab a nylon,,,so now it is only my butter lol! glad i only made 2 lbs of butter and a 1/4 lb of mm, I wasnt gonna waist it! so butter daze are coming lol!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I happen to be taking Microbiology at the moment. Part of my second life... the one I didn't plan on. :notfair: Anyway, there are essential flora which would also be filtered out. It will be interesting to see how they work. If you use them, please share the results.

Archived