Medical Marijuana Caregiver Reports Medication Stolen In Waterford

Hempcheff

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=19

A 23-year-old East Lansing man says he was robbed Friday in Waterford, and the police aren't obliged to investigate.

That's because the stolen merchandise was two ounces of "Blue Dream" marijuana, according to The Oakland Press.

The newspaper reports the man is a caregiver and was trying to deliver the medical marijuana to a patient. He says the robber — described as a 5’ 8” tall black man with a thin build — stole the marijuana after punching his 33-year-old girlfriend who was sitting in the East Lansing man's vehicle.

"The caregiver said that the man opened the passenger door and immediately punched his girlfriend, and grabbed the bag — which contained marijuana — she was holding and ran off on foot.

"The girlfriend was not injured, police said."

A second black man was seen in the area by a witness who stated she saw the two men loitering around the building.

Anyone with information involving the incident is asked to call the Waterford Police Department at 248-6470351.

Michigan's medical marijuana law doesn't address police investing stolen marijuana for registered caregivers and patients, but should it? Should taxpayer money pay for police to help caregivers or patients that have their marijuana or equipment stolen?

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=19

Michigan's medical marijuana law doesn't address police investing stolen marijuana for registered caregivers and patients, but should it? Should taxpayer money pay for police to help caregivers or patients that have their marijuana or equipment stolen?

The Meds and/or equipment are private property, so state and/or local LEO should file the report and treat it as any other theft/robbery.

Which means it will be reported as a crime statistic, but very little will be done to actually pursue the thieves or reclaim the property.

Would the police be obliged to investigate someone stealing a set of Super Comp Hooker Headers during a Craig's list exchange?

I think so.

Perhaps it will all work out....

The Dude: Do you find them much, these, stolen cars?

Younger Cop: Sometimes. Wouldn't hold out much hope for the tape deck though.

Older Cop: Or the Creedence.

The Dude: Also, my rug was stolen.

Younger Cop: The rug was in the car?

The Dude: No. It was here.

Younger Cop: [eager] Oh, separate incidents.

Maude Lebowski: [on answering machine] Jeffrey, this is Maude Lebowski. I need to see you. I'm the one who took your rug.

Younger Cop: Well. I guess we can close the file on that one.

theft is theft. doesnt matter if it was the kids rattle. 2 oz of 100.00 per oz marijuana, or a 30,000.00 diamond.

i would also file Assualt and Battery charges. if they wont investigate the theft of medicine, they WILL investigate the Assault and Battery charge.

I couldn't even get the local pd to investigate a stolen mountain bike with a 50cc 4 stroke mounted on it. I gave him the guys address. It was a 1/2 way house like I mile up the road (Same street) from the police hq.

P8280021.jpg

The detective wouldn't even return my phone calls.

Thanks guys!

With the budget cuts so many cities and towns are experiencing, I do not think it would make much difference whether you reported it or not.

There is NO question...they should but they are inadequate in numbers to take care of many of these crimes.

On the other hand, if you do report it, they KNOW where you live and you never know when they might come a-calling.

When I do any exchange of donations, its always in daylight in a large public parking lot.

And let's face it: With so MANY people hanging in by the skin of their financial teeth, there are going to be a lot more of these robberies to contend with.

And when accosted, unless you have a CCW and are carrying heat, never argue. Give it up and pray that the guy/gal is not a sociopath !!!

Dr. Jinx

Archived