Man Arrested After Being Found Standing Over Goat, Wearing Women's Underwear

http://www.dailymail.com/News/breakingnews/201105020841?page=2&build=cache

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- An Alum Creek man has been arrested after neighbors allegedly found him standing over the dead body of a stolen pygmy goat while wearing women's underwear.

Mark Lucas Thompson, 19, of Greenview Road was taken into custody early Monday at his home. Deputies had dealt with the man before and believe him to be mentally unstable.

Thompson told deputies he had been high on bath salts for the last three days, said Cpl. Sean Snuffer, a detective with the sheriff's office.

Deputy J.S. Shackelford was dispatched about 3:15 a.m. Monday to the home on Quebec Drive to investigate a possible animal cruelty complaint. Lisa Powers called 911 to report that her neighbor, Thompson, had stolen and killed her grandson's pet pygmy goat, according to a complaint filed in Kanawha Magistrate Court.

The goat, which had been a gift for Powers' grandson and was named Bailey, was on a leash attached to a tree in her front yard. Powers said the small white-and-gray goat wore a pink collar.

Three people who were with Powers told the deputy they had been inside Thompson's home and had seen the goat and it was dead. They had learned of the goat's whereabouts from an acquaintance who was in Thompson's home and called.

Two of the three went to Thompson's home to look for the goat and found the front door open. They went inside the house, and one went into the middle bedroom where she found Thompson in a bra and woman's panties standing three feet from the goat's body.

Thompson ran out of the house wearing only a muscle shirt and thong underwear.

Cpl. M.B. Cummings and Sgt. R.P. Boone went to the Greenview Road home to help Shackelford with the investigation. Thompson came down from the hillside while deputies were at his home. He was immediately taken into custody.

"He told the deputies out there that he had been high on bath salts and wasn't in his right mind," Snuffer said.

"They knew who he was when the call came out," he said. "They've dealt with him before."

He said the man is mentally unstable and lives with another person who is not always home. Snuffer said deputies were concerned for the man's health and contacted Adult Protective Services.

The detective said the goat had a single stab wound. The body was taken to a veterinarian to determine the cause of death and whether it had been sexually assaulted.

Neighbors told deputies they were concerned about the safety of their neighborhood with Thompson still living nearby.

Thompson has been charged with felony animal cruelty and is being held at South Central Regional Jail on $50,000 bond.

Let your kids know this is what will happen if they use dangerous bath salts....they may wake up in some goat pussssssssssy....

crazy huh.... fkn bath salts .. man... that guy sounded like he had issues before hand, but the salts put his mind where it wasn't coming back from.

Dangerous, and the more that the press shows this stuff, the more kids will try it I promise that... the media will make this drug more popular than it is now..

Trix :bong2:

lol well im sure i dont like bath salts.. but umm kinda for soaking.. what the he double hockey sticks is a bath salt ??? sheesh when i was 19 and partied i ended up with a hot older gentleman at least.. goat?? is this a joke medman420?? Lol we missed you last night!!

lol well im sure i dont like bath salts.. but umm kinda for soaking.. what the he double hockey sticks is a bath salt ??? sheesh when i was 19 and partied i ended up with a hot older gentleman at least.. goat?? is this a joke medman420?? Lol we missed you last night!!

Well that is something that makes me just shake my head. does remind me of the saying "Don't let people get your goat" be careful out there

Now my late night soakings in the tub are going to become illegal 2....will hope for this guy the goat hasnt been molested cause now she cant say if it was consenual.......baaaaaaaaaaaaa

OD your right about mental illness but IDK if this dude had a mental problem hes from W VA

I lived in the hood and seen plenty of crazy homeless 3rd and prentis...cass corridor

they are definitely the marginalized victims of socio-economic warfare of the machine

On a side note I ate some hash yesterday and tried to make it last night but was in no condition to drive.....I never realized what eating a gram of hash will do to you..........wooooohaaaa

These are special bath salts being marketed as the new K2. I feel much of the blame lies at the feet of our government's policy of prohibition. People ARE going to get high. People ARE going to alter their state of mind. When you ban a substance that they use to do this with (marijuana, K2, etc.) they'll simply move on to the next "latest and greatest" legal high. All prohibition of the substance itself does is trade the devil you know for the devil you don't.

How about being honest with folks about the relative dangers of various substances so people can make informed decisions? Simply lumping substances into simple good and bad categories makes things worse. When you have authorities saying marijuana, K2, etc are just as bad for you as meth and heroin, people lose trust in the authority's ability and willingness to speak truthfully.

I find absolutely nothing about this funny. No lol, joking around, that is sick.

This person was sick, a goat died, a child's heart broken and a neighborhood

living in fear...

What's so dam funny about any of that?

If you have ever had a family member, loved one or friend with mental issues,

you would not find this a bit amusing. :growl:

OD, I am 100% in agreement with you.

Where is the compassion that is suppose to be so prevalent in this community?

Man, what some folks find amusing, making jokes about this type of thing is out

of my scope of thinking.

I'm so mad right now, I'm logging out.

Im allowed to make fun of the crazies because I am one....been institutionalized 5 times....i have barely got my life back from schizophrenia since 2003 thanks to mj i am almost off all my psychotropics just a small dose of abilify 10 mg

At 1 time i was on 800 mg of seroquel....80 mg geodon 2x a day...lamictal...valium...xanax....ativan......risperdal

injections...pills...injections...and some more pills

my humor is the only thing that keeps me from taking my life

i doubt this guy had a mental illness and if he did than he should be castrated 2 save those poor goats

BAAAAAAAAAAA

i didnt think it was funny that he killed the goat just that he was caught in the bra and panties

Guest Medicinal Patient

I'm crazy too and I don't see the humor either. Hurting an animal is a real good way to get someone like me to snap on a dime.

Even mental illness is no pass for this type of behavior. There should be zero excuse zero tolerance against animal cruelty. I don't really care if this dude was tripping balls on bath salts or not. I woulda strung his donkey up on some barbed wire by his thong and beat the shyt outta him.

I can't even imagine some sicko doing that to my nieces goats. And very well said OD.

really... its a goat people they are not intellegent, its not like he tortured it. one single stab wound and it bled out. Also crazy also think its amusing specially the part about asking a vet to check for sexual assault, I dont believe vets are qualified to make that decision due to the violent nature of animal sex.

I in no way condoning his action. However if mental illness causes people to kill each other as far as im concerned better the goat than his neighbors child

sorry to offend anyone.. i was merely surprised at the drug in question here being a bath salt which i thought was for bathing in and not doing as a drug. And the effect of the drug being so bizarre..

Anyways.. good to not eat to much hash and drive medman.. :-)

sorry to offend anyone.. i was merely surprised at the drug in question here being a bath salt which i thought was for bathing in and not doing as a drug. And the effect of the drug being so bizarre..

Anyways.. good to not eat to much hash and drive medman.. :-)

Yes, and I am grateful for Bri's description of what bath salts are.

really... its a goat people they are not intellegent, its not like he tortured it. one single stab wound and it bled out. Also crazy also think its amusing specially the part about asking a vet to check for sexual assault, I dont believe vets are qualified to make that decision due to the violent nature of animal sex.

I in no way condoning his action. However if mental illness causes people to kill each other as far as im concerned better the goat than his neighbors child

With this statement, I am in total agreeance.

As far as the "It's a goat people they are not intelligent..." wth???

Do you think that animal didn't feel fear, did it not feel pain when stabbed and left to bleed out???

OOHHHHHH Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Guest Medicinal Patient

Come on girl come relax in your music thread after the show :thumbsu::jig::mp3:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/26992-women-of-rock-soul-jazz-blues-folk-etc/

I spent many a hours in there! Music is good stuff maynard!

Hope to meet you at the rally. I am not exactly sure if there is something set up for us all to recognize eachother from the 3MA. Name tags won't really work with so many people attending unless they have a 3MA website area set up to check in. I have heard upwards of 10k people planning on attending. I am a little nervous of getting separated with the group I am coming with and not remembering the parking area or anything. I'm trying to get some family to come and will probably come with them if they can go. :bong2:

Wow! I am a person who truly thought they had seen or heard it all but this leaves me mortified and speechless. Poor goat, poor man. Bad, bad bath salts. Oh crap! I gave some to mom yesterday. Better sneak back in the house and retrieve them..

Archived