Just To Set The Record Straight

Grow Thread

i became a member on this site on 4-20-2010.

dr. greenthumb .... member name "greenthumb seeds" became a member on 4-10-2010. thats 10 days before me.

before him or i became members there were already a few greenthumb seeds grow journals in action and progressing. not many...... but a few. i honestly didnt even take notice until a few months after when i kept seeing new dr. G grow threads popping up.

mind you, at this point i had never grown a dr. G bean in my life.

then i bought some trainwreck because i saw all the journals going on. i paid full price.

in the time it took for me to receive the seeds and veg them i saw about 5 more dr. G grow journals fire up. now the site was up to like 10-12 journals so i started asking some questions.

no big deal ...... i found the answer i assumed i would find. dr. greenthumb was gifting seeds for established growers to grow out for themselves.

as you all "should" know this is a win-win situation. dr. G gets feedback on his strain, we all get a look at it being grown by an established grower, and EVERYBODY gets answers as to the medical/growth properties of the strains in particular. not to mention, an occasional clone gets out and that helps everyone as well.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. on my OWN FREE WILL i asked garfield if it was possible to make a section specifically for the sites growing number of dr. G grow journals. he said "yup".

so i made a thread and directed it towards the mods and admin only. after letting that thread simmer for a couple days most everyone answered and not one bad thing was said about the idea. so it was done. the dr. G journal section of the site was born.

it had nothing to do with personal preferences, nor money, nor anything else.

a couple weeks later dr. G contacts me via p.m. and asks for a link to make a donation to the site. i thought "how cool of the dude" and that was that.

a couple weeks go by.

then the new signature ad policy comes up, so i contact dr. G and ask if he ever made that donation..... and if he did, how much ........ because the site has a new sig ad policy. at this time he asks me about the sig ad and i tell him that if he ever wants anything grown hydro and shown off on the site, im the guy. he sends me a 10pk of chemo iranian.

he agrees to pay for a full year of sig ads and make a donation of $600 to the MMMA to fund it. payment made and cleared. all is good.

i feel like i have done some good for ALL involved. dr. G wins because he has been a member here for a year, has gifted a few beans, paid some money, has an ad on the site that is not too flashy or over-powering (this was his request) and folks are learning about his strains.

the MMMA wins because it now has a friend in the movement..... also a respected member of the cannabis medical community..... who is now posting more on our site because he now knows that every post leaves a sig ad and a link to his bean site. thats what this is for right?????

so 2 weeks after dr. G makes the payment, the MMMA admin rip down the dr. G grow thread section and make it all into simpleton stuff.

funny it was all there BEFORE he donated $600 to the cause ...... and then taken away right after the payment cleared.

NOT MY DOING.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT. YOU FOLKS NEED TO BE ASKING THOSE QUESTIONS TO OTHER PEOPLE AND NOT ME. THANK YOU KINDLY.

i am so, so, so, so, sorry. but i did NOT have anything to do with it.

i simply tried to get the MMMA more backing and funding.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not exactly the whole story. Before a seedbank forum was established, we developed an advertising policy.

ok, i did the research. im right.

you are wrong. the advertising policy was established on march 1st, 2011 ......... just a couple months ago. see the proof here:

http://michiganmedic...rtising-policy/

the sig ad policy came shortly after:

http://michiganmedic...__1#entry275972

that came on march 14, 2011

==========================================================

now, i know the members cant see this, but you can joe. this is my plea for a dr. greenthumb section to the mods and admin back in november last year.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/25830-mods-and-admin-new-sub-category-in-the-grow-room/

MODS AND ADMIN! New Sub-Category In The Grow Room?

DR. GREENTHUMB GROW JOURNALS

november 21, 2010.

and because the members cant see that i will add these posts to confirm that a breeder section for dr. greenthumb was made WAAAAY before any advertisement policy came out:

here i am on november 22, 2010 ........... yeah ........... months before an MMMA advertisement policy:

we thought it good to give all you doc fans and growers a spot of your own on the site.

there seems to be more and more of you everyday so you now have your own clubhouse :)

this category is meant for grow journals of the doc's genetics only. all other new topics that pop up will be moved.

we have pinned this thread in the subcategory and general questions can be asked/answered here................

......... or you can ask the growers themselves right here: http://michiganmedic...s-and-genetics/

that post can be found on this page, post #82 joe, http://michiganmedic...ds/page__st__80

FOUR MONTHS BEFORE AN ADVERTISING POLICY

This link is what sets the record straight. Bubblegrower, this is where I overrode our policy to give our members what they asked for. it also takes away the 3MA's ability to offer seeds. We gave up money, so our members would be happy. I don't know many organizations that would do that. Thanks, Bb

http://michiganmedic...__1#entry289908

yup. you took away the right AFTER the guy paid $600 to the MMMA

again ...............

i am not getting paid by anyone here ....... nor am i discounting joe or dr. greenthumb.

i have been overtaken with questions via email, text, cell, and pm and to be honest i would rather just make my answer public rather than spend tons of time defending something i had nothing to do with.

thanks again.

thanks for the info. thats all i needed. just wanted to make public that i had NOTHING to do with it all. nor do i have anything to do with the MMMA money. i made an attempt one time to help bring a donation in, and due to the resulting circumstances that will not be happening again any time soon. i will stick to my guns....... the grow room.

thanks for the clarification. :goodjob:

again ...............

i am not getting paid by anyone here ....... nor am i discounting joe or dr. greenthumb.

i have been overtaken with questions via email, text, cell, and pm and to be honest i would rather just make my answer public rather than spend tons of time defending something i had nothing to do with.

thanks again.

Right on brother. Call me when you have time.

Thanks for airing it out. Sounds like a misunderstanding that could have happened to any fledgling organization in such a precarious position. i totally believe BG was doing what he thought was only being helpful, Doc has been very gracious to Michigan growers, and i have nothing but respect for Joe, who goes through change after agonizing change in developing his unique position in our movement all for the betterment of each and every patient. i believe everything here is just complicated at the intersection of the compassion and capitalism with freedom and oppression.

to coin a oft overused phrase, love wins.

i know you guys have probably had about enough opinions (and the are like donkey rectums, i know). But, couldn't we have a pay-to-play section, and an advertiser's links section? The pay to play section could do what others have asked for, i.e. allowing breed/strain reviews of each advertising ($25 a thread?) their own strain. they could have multiple Michigan growers growing a strain and keep it all in that thread. New strain? New thread. Dedicated thread with one strain, one grower? ($50 a thread) Only breeders allowed, no seed banks. Banner advertising i think) should be made available to seed banks and hydro stores on the site.? Top banner of active threads list? $200 month. Breeders can then be encouraged to donate seeds to Michigan growers to highlight their gear. Breeders win, growers win, new and old readers win, 3MA wins, and most of all, patients win!

i am almost always the first one to criticize purely capitalist ploys by agencies. i have seen this organization go out of its way maintain its legitimacy in the eyes of its members and patients. this, even while being dogged with infighting from the MI Canna community. I firmly believe that given the right plan, and consistent follow through, this site could become the sustaining fundraiser for the 3MA. getting money in ethical manners is not wrong. you are using it to support the rights of the weak. one would never advocate for less scrupulous methods of funding this great organization. so why not use the open market that is the Michigan cannabis explosion and help the whole community? the 3MA is one of the first organizations for whom this is plausible, while remaining ethical.

please join in the fight against us in GR and Wyoming as well. They have all the wrong ideas about us here. i have met nothing but ill people wanting to have safe non-addictive potent medicine to help them through their pain and nerve issues, as well as hoping to keep their cancer abated. so many of our patients and caregivers in west michigan have been warped and affected by years of living in fear of our government in its duplicitous dealings. so many fear gathering together, for fear of retaliation. we want to be free!

Here is a cut and paste of a post I made in BB's link which seems to make sense to me.

I know it's very hard to maintain this forum to the standards you do, but I'm sure that if slowly implemented over time, as your manpower allows you to work on it, this idea would probably work. This is really getting to be a MAJOR LEAGUE forum and I'm sure breeders would pay a fee for their own sub-forum in a larger breeders/grow journals area.

The post:

Totally understandable, but why not break that sub forum into different categories by breeder name? Not Seed Bank names but actual breeders or companies that breed and produce seeds. I'm sure that Bubblegrower or someone else could go through all the grow threads that were not started by the breeder themselves and then move and group them by breeder name over time. There are more than enough journal/reports to do this. Maybe reinstate Dr. Greenthumb's area, and then add on others such as Mr. Nice, Subcool/TGA, Barney's, OGRaskal, DNA, for example as BG has the time, or have another mod who has time do this.

Just a suggestion, makes sense to me anyway.

However you end up doing it I'm sure you'll be fair to all involved parties.

"The post:

Totally understandable, but why not break that sub forum into different categories by breeder name? Not Seed Bank names but actual breeders or companies that breed and produce seeds. I'm sure that Bubblegrower or someone else could go through all the grow threads that were not started by the breeder themselves and then move and group them by breeder name over time. There are more than enough journal/reports to do this. Maybe reinstate Dr. Greenthumb's area, and then add on others such as Mr. Nice, Subcool/TGA, Barney's, OGRaskal, DNA, for example as BG has the time, or have another mod who has time do this.

Just a suggestion, makes sense to me anyway."

Interesting approach but it seems that Dr. g is the only middleman for himself

his own seedbank

His own strains and a

HUGE profit margin which I oppose

i completely agree, Porcupine. i think a system that worked like this would benefit everyone. reasonable advertising rates for advertisers, growers building reputations for good work, patients getting medicine that is effective and consistent, and the 3MA getting the money it needs for supporting Michigan patients, growers, and clubs. on the surface, it sounds like a win win win. it would take some wrok and organization. but if you need some assistance, i would help. i can be a great salesperson if i believe in the product (and i do believe in the 3MA). and my background in employment has given me unique mediation skills.

[/size][/font][/color]

his own seedbank

His own strains and a

Tricloud is someone all of Michigan can be proud of, and he has a decent following building throughout the state. Subcool has his own account on here, and has been active. MrD has been making sure to set the record straight on his Lemon Cake which has become a MI phenomena in its own right. Even though some other breeders have not been active yet, they could be if we gave them a good enough deal to spread the news of their gear. again, this can and should be a win win win for all of us, if done well enough with enough forethought.

Here is a cut and paste of a post I made in BB's link which seems to make sense to me.

I know it's very hard to maintain this forum to the standards you do, but I'm sure that if slowly implemented over time, as your manpower allows you to work on it, this idea would probably work. This is really getting to be a MAJOR LEAGUE forum and I'm sure breeders would pay a fee for their own sub-forum in a larger breeders/grow journals area.

The post:

Just a suggestion, makes sense to me anyway.

However you end up doing it I'm sure you'll be fair to all involved parties.

porc ........ to be honest with you, the admin here do not understand that in the end, it will be the grow room that pulls the site through.

eventually there will be no more rallies .......... eventually the cases that have been in court for the past 2 years will be settled and precedent will be made ..... the law will be settled ..... and then what?

what becomes of the MMMA?

as stated ............ some of us know ........ some of us don't ............. but the grow room is what will keep the hit counter clicking .....

it's gonna take some time for folks here to realize that.

porc ........ to be honest with you, the admin here do not understand that in the end, it will be the grow room that pulls the site through.

eventually there will be no more rallies .......... eventually the cases that have been in court for the past 2 years will be settled and precedent will be made ..... the law will be settled ..... and then what?

as stated ............ some of us know ........ some of us don't ............. but the grow room is what will keep the hit counter clicking .....

That makes A Lot of sense to me.

Ive also said that Porcs idea is a great one also. It will bring more people here and keep the regulars that much more entertained.

I think admins should listen to some of this. Not saying you guys dont, cause you do obviously.

Im still a newbie here but im here daily, and i have been for the last 4+ months. I think everyone just wants to see this site keep getting better with age.

For a long time all i did was click the Grow room topic. I never clicked todays active content until recently. All my time was going into learning anything and everyhting about growing MM. This site has A LOT of info and a LOT of info on bubblebuckets. More than anyother site i have seen. Point is, im sure most of the new people are here to do the same.

Im only a member on 1 other MM site with like 9 posts. I would rather spend my time on this site. Even tho there is a lot more activity over there. I come here. It almost feels like a group of friends to me.

I hope everything works out for the best here. Thanks for the great site.

Mike

This site has a ton of sick people on it, that just want a safe place to hang out. We don't just do politics her, we do life. The MMMA loves growers. I grow. But it's sick folks and people wanting to learn about our medicine that make up the bulk of our traffic. If I made a post now, with a dramatic non political headline, it would hit 1000 in less than 24 hours and maybe up to 7000 views. Ours is not a one dimensional world, but a world where consumers meet farmers and politics protects farmers. You haven't lived until you protested because somebody got the jaws jacked by the pd, or a business owner is screaming at a council to save his livelihood. I fight city hall all the time to save caregiver/grower rights. But each to his own. Only time will tell. I like both worlds working in harmony. Thanks, Bb

These sick people also need more than political info. Look at the Are you in need of meds thread, So big it got Pinned. Why should anybody be "in need of meds" Well because a lot of people dont know how to grow. What to use what to buy the list goes on. Of course i wasnt illiterate to growing. Just didnt know how it was properly done. Now i do. I have even helped others outside this site with what i have learned here. That would not have happened otherwise.

Im not trying to tell anybody how to run their own site. Just giving my opinion. I think the Grow Room area does need a little more attention.

Mike

"The post:

Just a suggestion, makes sense to me anyway."

his own seedbank

His own strains and a

And that is a problem for you that he refuses to put his genetics in the Attitude's or some other seedbank? He and only his company are responsible for any issues or complaints? You are dealing directly with the source so you know exactly what you are getting. It's no different than a small business. Why should another company make money off of him and his work when you can just as easily order from him than most any other seedbank. Easier actually. Can you call any seedbank up and get specific info from the source like you can with Doc? You obviously have no idea how much it costs to run his type of business and then provide free medicine for patients in Canada?

I wanted to point out another aspect of this forum that is INVALUABLE (although it doesn't bring money in the bank).

In the few years here , I have met some of the nicest, most incredibly gifted, kind hearted, people I have EVER had the pleasure meeting in my 40 SOME years on this earth so far, who I am PROUD to call friends. You all know who you are, and whatever direction the forum will eventually take, that is what I value most here. Some of you have become friends that I value over some of my long term friendships. It is amazing because of the compassion, and sense of giving some of you have with your dealings with late stage cancer patients, and other VERY, VERY, legitimately sick individuals that I just can't imagine dealing with myself. Basically, this is a shout out to you all I've met, and to the others I look forward to meeting through this great forum in the years ahead.

I'm sure BB and the rest of you guys working working on this site will do something great with this forum. There is SOOO much potential here.

And that is a problem for you that he refuses to put his genetics in the Attitude's or some other seedbank? He and only his company are responsible for any issues or complaints? You are dealing directly with the source so you know exactly what you are getting. It's no different than a small business. Why should another company make money off of him and his work when you can just as easily order from him than most any other seedbank. Easier actually. Can you call any seedbank up and get specific info from the source like you can with Doc? You obviously have no idea how much it costs to run his type of business and then provide free medicine for patients in Canada?

Well doesn't cutting out the middleman usually mean a savings to the consumer?

Apparently not in Canada eh?

Seed production is the most lucrative form of growing, tens of thousands of dollars in just one plant

I usually get between 300 and 800 seeds from a one gallon plant in soil

How about a 30% discount to all Michigan Medical Patients? Doc?

I don't need to hear how he helps Canadians either, I am not from Canada

Wanna help then prove it!

Guest CaveatLector

That's absolutely correct. But you have to have a business mind to understand that and you have to be broad-minded enough. While turmoil will bring people here for the moment it won't when the law becomes better settled whether we like its outcome or not. I would point to the king of cannabis forums for further proof that this is the case. If you look at cannabis.com forums then you can see that at any given time the number of users in the grow section and the section on how to use far outnumbers users in any other section. Right now for example there are 6 people viewing the activism section and 267 viewing the grow section.

• 4 weeks later...

Well doesn't cutting out the middleman usually mean a savings to the consumer?

Apparently not in Canada eh?

Seed production is the most lucrative form of growing, tens of thousands of dollars in just one plant

I usually get between 300 and 800 seeds from a one gallon plant in soil

How about a 30% discount to all Michigan Medical Patients? Doc?

I don't need to hear how he helps Canadians either, I am not from Canada

Wanna help then prove it!

Doc DOES give a discount to Michigan medical patients. You just can't beat that.

Archived