Dr. Bob Enters The 21St Century

Press Release cleared by BB

Dr. Bob and the Certification Crew enters the 21st Century with Enigami Systems!!!

I am proud to announce a project that will revolutionize the way certifications are performed in Michigan- any patient will have access to a certification from anywhere in the state, patient paperwork can be verified by dispensaries 24 hours a day, we will VASTLY improve our follow up of patients, and data for research into the medical benefit of marijuana will be gathered. You can have a face to face consultation with me from your home in the event you have a change in your condition or have questions. This advance is due to the partnership of my clinic with Enigami Systems, Inc of Colorado, combining patented information technology with cutting edge medical standards to develop the most defensible medical marijuana certification in the State of Michigan and beyond.

Here is how it works:

While in Alaska I used a teleconferencing program called Skype (www.skype.com) to keep in touch with my family, and it also allowed me to perform telemedicine with 12 rural villages. It is also similar to the ‘Nighthawk’ radiology service I used in the late 90’s to have my CT scans and MRI’s read while I was practicing in SC. Patients will be able to use Skype, along with a simple file transfer program called dropbox (www.dropbox.com), or simple fax, to send me their medical records. I will then be able to meet ‘face to face’ with them via any computer with a webcam and a decent internet connection. The video quality and sound are remarkable, and it even works on dial up. The conference will occur at one of a LARGE number of locations all over the state where my staff will assist them, and with minimal personal computer skills a patient can even arrange to meet with me from their own home!

The issue of follow up for a certification is one of the sticking points in court challenges of certifications. Currently I’ve responded to that need with a ‘follow up survey’ for a formal follow up and by providing my personal number for questions to every patient I certify. While this is ‘good enough’ for the courts and, far better than most, it is not ‘tight and bullet proof’ enough for MY patients. We can do better. When a patient is certified for a condition, say chronic pain, they will be asked what their goals are- maintain, reduce or eliminate narcotic pain medication use for example. They will receive a weekly email asking how their medication needs have changed since the last week, how their ‘pain level’ is and if they have any questions. We will also gather information on strains, complications, and other factors like method of use and expenses. If there is a major change, it will be flagged automatically for personal follow up by me- and I will contact you. In addition to keeping close track of your therapy, I’ll gather very useful data for research on the use of MMJ to reduce narcotic requirements in this case.

The final feature, which is of great importance given the fact the state quick to cash checks but very slow to issue cards, is the 24/7 verification of paperwork. When you are issued your paperwork, there is a space at the bottom of the certification form for ‘contact information’. This will contain a 15 digit number- you will be able to go to my website (you will need to register and confirm your identity), click on the ‘verify a patient’ box, and you will be transferred to a secured website. Put that number in the box and it will search the secured database we have on our patients for you. Then it will confirm that ‘patient John Smith was seen by Dr. Townsend in Saginaw on May 12th and approved for certification’ or words to that effect. If law enforcement or a dispensary wants to confirm your paperwork, even after the department closes at night in Lansing, they will be able to. This feature will be secured to military/government/Hipaa specs and is better than the system in place with the state. Even better, it is totally under your control, for you to use any time you need to PROVE your paperwork is valid.

Other really cool features include a fully typed form (no jokes about my handwriting), the ability to get a duplicate form emailed to you in case you lose your copy, and eventually something I like- we may even be able to ‘swipe’ or scan your driver’s license and automatically fill in all the forms without you having to write or type it in. You will be automatically reminded by sealed letter from ‘Dr. Townsend’s Clinic’ when your renewal is due. If you need to obtain your medical records, you will be able to fill in a record request on line, print it on your home computer, sign and send it off.

Security of the information is provided on several levels- military level 256 bit encryption of all data, your driver’s license number and social will NOT be requested, nor is there any place to enter it (we will hand write those at the time of the certification), you will have a nearly uncrackable 15 digit patient identification number for all access, and the results will go only to your password protected email account of record. New patients will be enrolled in the system after consent is obtained (yes you can opt out), and EXISTING patients can request to be added for paperwork verification if they wish.

We will be rolling out this new system as early as next week, so keep an eye on the www.drbobmmj.com website for updates and changes.

Take care-

Dr. Bob

the twenty first century all very smart doctors with the access to your knowledge are thinking of the 22nd i sure hope. I am interested in a face to face office visit as sometimes us dumb patients are the lifeblood of the health care system. What is un making whoopee cant spell believable so ill say incredible to me is that because I don't want to sign away my rights (VERY important) more so then you should imagine, people and are acting as if they own me and flaunting it to my field of vision. Because of my own hippacraitc oath to protect sources and methods I have no access to the medicine that allows me to even be human. By the way I really respect what you are doing, I mean that in the utmost sincerity, its unfortunate when limiting factors become down the line moo poo. Small example money non, looks non, employed lacking, this industry is in the midsts of a coup that Im sure the really innately intelligent people are well aware of. But overzealous law enforcement are unfortunately trying and have in the past tried to get there <erase that thats why they are even employed> own job security that just change and skirt oddly, it interesting that I have accompished more with nothing. I am sort of setting myself up as a target.

License why I don't I research them guarantee there is much more to there storY. it is amazing how intelegensia and true hard working folks unfortunantely get rolled over. I am glad that I have so much faith in my inital doctor who I will never mention that person, I am glad that I wasn't even in this state to see them. I can be reached monsigneur and more professionally Doctor Bob via my pm it seems as if yours never accepts my message. As such I have to end up typing in the public forum. At least i can tinkle in my own house without anyone wondering how many Liters or ambient temp.

the twenty first century all very smart doctors with the access to your knowledge are thinking of the 22nd i sure hope. I am interested in a face to face office visit as sometimes us dumb patients are the lifeblood of the health care system. What is un making whoopee cant spell believable so ill say incredible to me is that because I don't want to sign away my rights (VERY important) more so then you should imagine, people and are acting as if they own me and flaunting it to my field of vision. Because of my own hippacraitc oath to protect sources and methods I have no access to the medicine that allows me to even be human. By the way I really respect what you are doing, I mean that in the utmost sincerity, its unfortunate when limiting factors become down the line moo poo. Small example money non, looks non, employed lacking, this industry is in the midsts of a coup that Im sure the really innately intelligent people are well aware of. But overzealous law enforcement are unfortunately trying and have in the past tried to get there <erase that thats why they are even employed> own job security that just change and skirt oddly, it interesting that I have accompished more with nothing. I am sort of setting myself up as a target.

License why I don't I research them guarantee there is much more to there storY. it is amazing how intelegensia and true hard working folks unfortunantely get rolled over. I am glad that I have so much faith in my inital doctor who I will never mention that person, I am glad that I wasn't even in this state to see them. I can be reached monsigneur and more professionally Doctor Bob via my pm it seems as if yours never accepts my message. As such I have to end up typing in the public forum. At least i can tinkle in my own house without anyone wondering how many Liters or ambient temp.

I am very sorry, but I really have no idea what you are saying.

Dr. Bob

There are so many sick and/or shut ins in remote parts of the state, there needs to be a way to reach them- it is a patient population I've been trying to reach for some time. I can only physically be in the Western UP once a month for example, with this technology, I can hold 8-10 clinics a month in multiple areas, each with a facilitator to run the systems or even reach patients in the privacy of their own homes. The data collection, paperwork validation and follow up are going to be a huge addition to the safety and defensibility of certifications as well.

Dr. Bob

My skype ID is robert.townsend117 why don't some of you give it a try (www.skype.com) and tell others about your experience with it.

Dr. Bob

This is Fantastic !!!

I applaud your insight and energy as well as your ingenuity !!!!

You will be able to come up with a real-time analysis re the value of MMJ in reducing narcotic analgesic dependency !

You will be able to protect your patients re follow-up and real doctor-patient relationship criticisms !

And you will help those many patients who have the problem of access due to HIGH gas prices get the very best of medical care !

There is so much more to add...but it is a little late ....thank you and good night !

Dr. Jinx

My skype ID is robert.townsend117 w

hy don't some of you give it a try (www.skype.com)

and tell others about your experience with it.

Dr. Bob

Morning Dr. Bob

I've been using Skype for Years ...

Skype.jpg

Even tried getting MMMA Mods and Staff to use Skype

when Greg Francisco was here two years ago ...

But it never panned out ...

I still use Skype on a daily basis and i talk all around

the USA and Canada for Free ...

Morning Dr. Bob

I've been using Skype for Years ...

Skype.jpg

Even tried getting MMMA Mods and Staff to use Skype

when Greg Francisco was here two years ago ...

But it never panned out ...

I still use Skype on a daily basis and i talk all around

the USA and Canada for Free ...

I will train up Sue and Lorrie to handle that end and we can do certs at every compassion club's monthly meetings. Right now I am travelling to 25 sites or more a month. With this I can drop it down to 8-10 major sites and handle 100 or more via skype during office hours and by special appointments. When the scheduler goes on line, you will just make an appointment with me in Mt. Pleasant or Gaylord or wherever I am on the day you want to be seen. At the time, you come on and we get it done. Paperwork will have to be transfered in prior and printed. But after that we are cooking with gas. I'll be able to reach into every nook and cranny in the state.

The key to this is that I am a known quantity, folks have met me in person and they know what I stand for. This isn't a case of sending your information off into space and having some disembodied oracle send you back a signed cert in exchange for some geld. As a prosecutor, would you really want to try and attack a cert done that way...lol This is actually better than I've been doing in person because of the follow up and availability. Been in the works for months.

My first move is to get a large number of folks trained. To that end I am going to offer $50 skype re-certs to folks in here for the next month or so. That is a very strong incentive (and a great perk of being in the MMMA- you guys have it and if someone else wants it they have to join this site), and it will get a bunch of folks trained up as skype facilitators- you will be able to get your friends certified and re-certified the same way you got yours. Contact me via PM if have the internet connection, scanner/fax, and webcam to do this and need to re-cert.

Dr. Bob

PS this is for re-certs only, you will need your old paperwork, one additional med record to confirm it is an ongoing problem, copy of your DL and my 5 pages of paperwork. Specific instructions will be provided. www.skype.com and www.dropbox.com will get you the software you need.

just so everyone knows, no#12 is a member whom has had a closed head injury and finds it difficult to apply words correctly making him difficult to understand sometimes. let us have a lil more compassion and understanding for him, i made the same mistake when he first started posting but OD made a post explaining his condition and asked for understanding in the matter.

Thanks for the info !!!

Dr. Jinx

Archived