To a point you are re-creating nature indoors. There will very rarely be times when you will be completely pest free. Pest 'management' is more likely as it is in most gardens, even if it means a few flys getting in when you open the door in summer. You can use an organic spray along the lines of 'Mighty Wash' which is a frequency infused H2O with very small quantities of other inert ingredients also. You can simply put some sticky fly tape hung in a few spots in there too but most importantly make sure everything is clean. IMHO, a highly clean garden will help you avoid even having 50% of the problems growers can encounter. Wash your floor down, remove all necrotic and dead foliage laying around and prune all dead leaves off your girls. Also, I run an oscillating fan at the top of the dirt level in the room, it kinda keeps the air moving low to where it just makes it that much harder for them to even settle in. Unlike Mites, a couple thrips arent going to kill your garden....or really even do anything to it for that matter but follow those couple tips and you'll bring thier numbers DOWN!

whats the best way to get rid of them?thanks

Insects can really be a pain in the rectum, and it's always best to deal with them as soon as possible. Do you have a local grow store that you deal with? They can be a great resource for all your growing needs. I know that many growers here use Neem Oil, and apply it about every five days through veg and early flower. You can even mix it up and spray it on your hands, then gently rub each and every part of the plant. When BG first told me about this, I wondered if he was pulling my leg, but it works! And the plants seem to like the attention. I use a spectracide myself, It protects against insect, fungi, and other nasty things that can infest your grow. I mix it up at a 100 to 1 ratio in a one gallon sprayer, and apply it about once a week during veg and through the first first few weeks of flower. Never apply any insecticides when you get closer to harvest, unless you've got a really bad infestation that's out of control. Those sticky cards are useful too, blue ones and yellow ones, as different bugs are attracted by different colors. Keep your grow as clean as possible, and don't let your pets near your plants. It's worth all the effort.

whats the best way to get rid of them?thanks

I always use this stuff sort of as a preventitive measure because it kills off practically everything marijuana farmers encounter:

217d.gif

However after reading the label I don't see thrips.

Searching thier website on thrips got me this:

http://www.bonideproducts.com/search/index.php?keyword=thrips

Whatever you use make sure it okay for food and make sure you can wait however long before eating/smoking the label calls for. Some insecticides have to sit for months before you can consume it.

Whatever you use make sure it okay for food and make sure you can wait however long before eating/smoking the label calls for. Some insecticides have to sit for months before you can consume it.

Excellent point! The spectracide I use is intended for vegetable gardening.

thanks for all the help im gonna give azamax a shot. hopefully it takes care of my problem. this is why i hate getting clones from someone u dont know.

We have deal with the natural world, and while it's easy to blame others for these type of infestations, you are just as apt to suffer them through random inoculation. White fly's fly right thru screening, thrips come in on your shoes, RA's ride in on those organic carrots you love, **** happens...

Unless you want to deal with "clean room" conditions, you have to maintain constant vigilance, know your enemies, and be prepared for war at all times.

Ahhh Thrips...The worst pest second only to Spider Mites.

Use bacillus thuringiensis to get rid of those MFer's...It is a beneficial bacteria that works by killing them where they start, in your growing medium. Chances are if you have them bad enough to where they are buzzing all around your garden, Lavae is alive and well in you root system attacking your plants from the inside.

Depending on what product you use ( I use the stuff called Mosquito Control) just add a drop for every 2 gallons of water to your nutrient solution/water and watch them disapear within a few weeks.

I began adding crab shell meal to my soil some weeks ago. Besides having 23% calcium and being 2-3-0 it promotes chitin-eating bacteria that eat thrip larvae. Yesterday I piled a handful around the base of each plant. Today I saw very few thrips and little new damage. I think this is the end of the line for the little jerks. :thumbsu:

The NUMBER 1 product for getting rid of thrips is Monteray Garden Spray or other products that also contain spinosad. It wipes 'em out in 1 -2 treatments, usually 1 works great though.

This is an organic product and you could even spray flowering plants with it if you had to.Spinosad is a bacteria that is harmless to humans and most other mammals but deadly to thrips.

The mosquito dunkers (bacillus thuringiensis) work but take way longer, spinosad will kill your thrips overnight.

I always use this stuff sort of as a preventitive measure because it kills off practically everything marijuana farmers encounter:

217d.gif

However after reading the label I don't see thrips.

Searching thier website on thrips got me this:

http://www.bonidepro...?keyword=thrips

This product is 70% neem oil, good luck.

Archived