The Real Threat To "the Children"

I hear that Jessica Cooper is very much concerned about providing a safe and nurturing community for the children of Oakland County.

As a father with a young daughter I concur with her vision of an Oakland County safe for all children.

I don't see Medical Marijuana as a threat to any child in the County of Oakland, but what I do see as the biggest threat to my daughter is the institutionalized objectification of women, and the decades long campaign of sexualizing girls at earlier and earlier ages in order to drive corporate profits in the name of "fashion".

Study: 30% of Young Girls' Clothing is 'Sexualized'

Mz. Cooper needs to be made to understand the biggest threat to the Children of Oakland are not Compassion Clubs or Dispensaries, but Target, Old Navy, Sears, Macys, etc....

It will be a cold, cold day in hell when my 5 year old daughter is walking around with the words, "PINK" or "JUICY" emblazoned on her bottom.

This dude is no threat to the children:

imagesqtbnANd9GcRjhoJhboYCEvY2Rm1_m_z9Ogl-THMVUz5Lk4dq1tuQM727W8Qy.jpg

Its really the pederasts that need more monitoring and intervention:

lebowski20jesus.jpg

I am a father of a single child(girl) . You wouldn't believe how they dress n school now a days. Or what they wear walking round town..I see all the time the older guys looking or trying to pick up the younger girls. or they make comments on there clothes..... I feel the stores that sell these clothes to children and some thing happens to the children..The store and clothes maker should be responsible and held RESPONSIBLE...LiKE WHEN SOME ONE KILLS SOME ONE WITH A GUN, THEY GO AFTER GUN OWNER AND MAKER..why not hold all THE SAME.?

Our society has spent generations teaching children that everything is okay if it makes you money

The real threat to our kids are people that feel like they got outshined in their moment in the sun, and now they are vindictive enough to persecute the innocent in a vain attempt to recapture the public eye.

But Jessica has no idea what I am talking about. :lol:

I cant agree more.. mother of 2 girls here.. and there is no way in heck im going to let my girls out in some of the clothes parents allow their kids out in!!!!! I will thank my parents for instilling proper dressing and respect in myself at a young age and that didnt mean dressing provacatively either!!!

Not only does the clothing lines need to go but also the Magazines and comercials and tv shows and adds etc that use sex to sell everything.. that imbred in our childrens minds that to become anything or to be beautiful you must look a certain way and you must be skinny at all costs... look at the epidemic that now is in circulation via cellphones...and the damd txt illness... ive met kids that cant have their phones surgically removed from their hands.. its sickening.. I told my better half contrary to his beliefs in allowing the kids to have cellphones.. we grew up just fine without them ourselves we had to have respect and responsiblities to call home, check it ect.. i told him our kids wont have phones until 18!!! simple as that... hate us or not.. they will know to use a friends phone if nothing else...

and then dont forget about one of the biggest problems our children are facing these days.. i didnt realize just how bad things had gotten until i seen it myself in my younger sisters high school endevors showed me.. Kids think its a game these days to get pregnant.. girls in hs literally try to match themselves up with guys they believe with their traits mixed would make beautiful babies.. yes this isnt fabricated.. 16yrs old 15yrs old.. its sickening.. my sisters friends i can count on both hands how many DONT have kids.. the rest (since she is now 19) have kids.. or even 2... including herself now.. i mean.. the crap i see in schools by both sexs.. whats being instilled at home, whats being influenced all around our children! its sad..

Besides I grew up around Hippies, bikers and mary jane before it was seen as a medicine.. my whole life.. and i still grew up with respect, with knowledge, i knew when to keep my mouth shut, i still had everything from a good education including catholic schools, nice home, plenty of clothes and food, special trips and extra curricular activities with family and at achool etc and when i graduated I graduated just under a 4.0 gpa.. I was honors most my high school career, took awards home from many projects and classes you name it.. this coming from a child who grew up in a "neglectful, abusive drug house that those horrible demented hippies and bikers put me as an unsuspecting child thru!!" THE SHAME!! cmon get real.....

they and this chick are clutching at straws they have no other fight to reach people other then "the children"... who most glorify their horrendous circumstances to the rest of us.. but if you really knew the childrens families (most) of them are probably just fine! just another way for them to attack us all for all they can....

go after the child molesters, the sex traffickers the black market child sex trade.. the true abusers.. there are worse criminals that they should be going after then this.. and worse problems such as early teen pregnancies.. and how our younger generations are losing respect for themselves, respect for others, knowledge of family values, knowledge of preservation and education, lack of drive, i see them sooo much more lost then we were growing up and to top it off the crappy odds we've all allowed to be handed over to them... no wonder..

Teen Pregnancy Rates Down

Despite popular shows like "Teen Mom" and "16 and Pregnant" making teen pregnancy a topic of national conversation, the actual rate of teen pregnancies in the U.S. has declined to a record low, according to new statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In 2009, around 410,000 teenage girls, ages 15 to 19, gave birth in the United States. That's a 37 percent decrease from the teen birth rate in1991. Then, 61.8 births per every 1,000 females was a teen pregnancy. The rate has now dropped to 39.1 births per 1,000 women.

Hmm, i guess the clothes are helping?

I mean, when i was young, the clothes were just as "sluttty". Tube tops and cutoff jeans that show half the butt and such. Heh.

If i seen a young girl with "pink" on their clothes, i wouldn't have thought the perverse thoughts that the original poster did.

I think you all are just getting old as heck and need to get with the times and quit thinking so perversely.

They want to install a new device in the underwear of adult men.

This device will send out an alarm is anything twitches down below.

It will be later determined if the reaction was due to exposure to a 17.5 year old little girl.

Sexy TV adds are only allowed to be observed by old ladies.

The taser option will be installed within the next two years.

A .. A .. A problem is that we have attempted to modify humans by law.

It is NOT the norm for humans to remain sexually inactive until the age of eighteen. Our bodies begin to have natural reactions well before that.

Throughout the entire history of human existence, humans have begun having a sex life at a young age. Mary was only about thirteen when she became pregnant for Jesus. People getting married at twelve or thirteen has been very common in our nation until only a very short while ago.

Suddenly humans are not supposed to have such feelings until they turn 18. A law gets enacted. A piece of paper from Lansing or Washington DC suddenly changes human nature .. right.

It is unreasonable to expect to change the nature of humans by passing a law.

Yep, an age old situation.

Woman have the need to have an impact on men in order to fulfill biological drives and men have had a need to feel successful in order to do the same.

But it has only been in very recent times that large corporations had the ability to influence the minds of millions of young girls by 'implying' that their biological needs can be met by wearing a certain 'designer' clothing.

And contrary to what many people believe, it is my opinion that woman are 'just' as competitive as men are, and when 'sexual attraction' becomes a 'contest' of 'clothing' you're going to see some pretty 'bizarre' stuff.

And my bet is on the 'large corporations' to be the ultimate winners in this 'attraction contest'.

M2CW.

They want to install a new device in the underwear of adult men.

This device will send out an alarm is anything twitches down below.

It will be later determined if the reaction was due to exposure to a 17.5 year old little girl.

Sexy TV adds are only allowed to be observed by old ladies.

The taser option will be installed within the next two years.

Yep. Where are the p*cker police when ya need em?

Someone right now is envisioning an entirely new government agency to handle the issue.

A .. A .. A problem is that we have attempted to modify humans by law.

It is NOT the norm for humans to remain sexually inactive until the age of eighteen. Our bodies begin to have natural reactions well before that.

Throughout the entire history of human existence, humans have begun having a sex life at a young age. Mary was only about thirteen when she became pregnant for Jesus. People getting married at twelve or thirteen has been very common in our nation until only a very short while ago.

Suddenly humans are not supposed to have such feelings until they turn 18. A law gets enacted. A piece of paper from Lansing or Washington DC suddenly changes human nature .. right.

It is unreasonable to expect to change the nature of humans by passing a law.

I agree, sexuality is a natural occurrence that starts prior to legal age 18.

I do however disagree with pimping out our daughters before they've even had their first menstrual cycle.

Any laws would only affect the people that really matter these days, and those "people" are corporations.

I agree, sexuality is a natural occurrence that starts prior to legal age 18.

I do however disagree with pimping out our daughters before they've even had their first menstrual cycle.

Any laws would only affect the people that really matter these days, and those "people" are corporations.

Yes .. I figure those who promote children to engage in sex should be treated as if they were sexual offenders.

I don't get these beauty contests for five year old children. Who in their right mind would attempt to attract that kind of attention toward their own child?

I would just like to suggest that the main reason for the decline in teen pregnancy is not a decrease in teens having sex but instead an increase in the availability of sexual education and birth control. But I really agree that the sexualization of children is starting before they are out of diapers and it is simply disgusting.

I don't get these beauty contests for five year old children. Who in their right mind would attempt to attract that kind of attention toward their own child?

I imagine its the mothers who themselves were molested or assaulted, who think hyper-sexualized toddlers are 'normal'.

Think 'Stockholm Syndrome', think of Elizabeth Smart, or Jaycee Dugard, or Elisabeth Fritzl, etc, etc

The pageant promoters , the mothers and the guy at the 4:50 mark of this video are the real threat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRFziVRV1TU

I am the father of a girl who is a senior this year in H.S. the problem is with the parents not the children. if you allow your child (yes child) to walk around looking like a slut then thats what people will think. Im sorry if this pisses of some people but it is the truth. they way you dress will relflect the first impression people have of you. this is true no matter the age bracket. too many "parents" are too busy trying to be thier kids friends when they need to be a parent. you dont have to buy the revealing clothes or those with imapproiate words on them just because it is fashionable. I volunteer at the high school alot and I am amazed how these girls dress. I see more cleavege at the H.S. that I do at Hooters. I guess my opinion is to dress your kids so they will maintain some respect. It is wrong to teach a girl she needs big boobs in order to get through life, teach her to use her mind, not her body

Archived