Does Your Insurance Help?

Gangie

I have a couple of dif patients who are working with different types of insurances, Now I have heard of more than 2 occasions where patients are able to get plants/room supplied, Via insurance., now If anyone knows someone or has some information., names are not important, but Some info would Be Wonderfull., Thanks

I have a couple of dif patients who are working with different types of insurances, Now I have heard of more than 2 occasions where patients are able to get plants/room supplied, Via insurance., now If anyone knows someone or has some information., names are not important, but Some info would Be Wonderfull., Thanks

First time ive heard of this other than 1 time where a patient claimed his insurance company covered the theft of his plants im not buying it no way any insurance companys paying for anything that they dont have to im sure the "against federal law" comes into play. :mellow:

There is one individual who has posted on this board over the last year who claimed that his Auto Ins carrier was covering his MMJ. I never did get the name of the Carrier...but I cannot verify whether this was true or not.

I do know that attorneys who are representing plaintiffs will direct them AWAY from getting certified for MMJ.

I find it hard to believe that in today's economy and given the attitude of the prevailing Michigan administration, it is highly likely that there is NO Insurance support for MMJ.

Dr. Jinx

I know for a fact that the insurance companies often rely on the most agreed upon information, with regards to approving certain medications. So, it may help the movement to write non-accusatory letters recommending that there is promise in this field of medicine, to reduce prescription medication costs, and to get better, less-addictive pain and nerve medication that also happens to help a HUGE and growing body of knowledge about the promise for cannabis in the treatment of those with cancer nausea, pain, and even potential as a cure for certain forms of cancer.

if we appeal to the insurers that there are ways for them to cut costs, while getting healthier members, reminding them that tinctures, vaporizing and/or eating are very viable options with often great results. It is good to take a nice tone, not accusing them of being 'in bed with big pharma', even when in some cases that is very true. It tends to make people not want to listen if they are on the defensive. So, speak to them where every company wants to hear- the bottom line. There are tremendous opportunities here. I would recommend hitting large regional players in health insurance, instead of talking to the national players. The national companies change like aeons. the smaller companies can make their own decisions and change on the fly easier.

they may have some defense in defending themselves against the feds, with regards to national laws. But, if we can even encourage them to think they could have a positive role in our movement AND save money, then we have planted a good seed. we create more voters on a state and federal level, thinking about us and our plight. And, when the tides turn in our favor, the insurance companies that have aligned themselves with us on this can begin to nurture the seed already planted.

I know for a fact that the insurance companies often rely on the most agreed upon information, with regards to approving certain medications. So, it may help the movement to write non-accusatory letters recommending that there is promise in this field of medicine, to reduce prescription medication costs, and to get better, less-addictive pain and nerve medication that also happens to help a HUGE and growing body of knowledge about the promise for cannabis in the treatment of those with cancer nausea, pain, and even potential as a cure for certain forms of cancer.

if we appeal to the insurers that there are ways for them to cut costs, while getting healthier members, reminding them that tinctures, vaporizing and/or eating are very viable options with often great results. It is good to take a nice tone, not accusing them of being 'in bed with big pharma', even when in some cases that is very true. It tends to make people not want to listen if they are on the defensive. So, speak to them where every company wants to hear- the bottom line. There are tremendous opportunities here. I would recommend hitting large regional players in health insurance, instead of talking to the national players. The national companies change like aeons. the smaller companies can make their own decisions and change on the fly easier.

they may have some defense in defending themselves against the feds, with regards to national laws. But, if we can even encourage them to think they could have a positive role in our movement AND save money, then we have planted a good seed. we create more voters on a state and federal level, thinking about us and our plight. And, when the tides turn in our favor, the insurance companies that have aligned themselves with us on this can begin to nurture the seed already planted.

Very well put and thought out. I'm impressed and I agree, do you care if i copy this post and spred it around?

Archived