To Sell Or Not To Sell To A Dispensary...

igalig

It would be a very good bet that every dispensary that has been raided to date has had every caregiver, or patient, that transfered to them investigated. It would not be far fetched to say that every single caregiver or patient that has supplied a dispensary is part of some sort of investigation.

I call moo poo.

Igy is making an important point I think...They don't bust the dispensaries when legitimate growers are selling to the dispensary. They bust the dispensary when the cops sell to the dispensary..

Now a lawyer would never advise you to do something that has not been definitely declared legal but...what exactly is the risk if you always have less than 2 1/2 ounces, 12 plants, etc. Suppose if the raid goes down at the precise moment you are in the dispensary making the deal with the owner? Why can't you put the weed in your pocket, show your card and walk out? The dispensary owner is going to rat you out right then?

OK in the real world, of course the downside is you get the 2 1/2 confiscated, and yourself investigated, thousands to the lawyer and what not. Has it ever happened? Do cops care about a small time home grower any more? Please say they don't....

I call moo poo.

Igy is making an important point I think...They don't bust the dispensaries when legitimate growers are selling to the dispensary. They bust the dispensary when the cops sell to the dispensary..

Now a lawyer would never advise you to do something that has not been definitely declared legal but...what exactly is the risk if you always have less than 2 1/2 ounces, 12 plants, etc. Suppose if the raid goes down at the precise moment you are in the dispensary making the deal with the owner? Why can't you put the weed in your pocket, show your card and walk out? The dispensary owner is going to rat you out right then?

OK in the real world, of course the downside is you get the 2 1/2 confiscated, and yourself investigated, thousands to the lawyer and what not. Has it ever happened? Do cops care about a small time home grower any more? Please say they don't....

Thanks for the post...as a lawyer do you have any knowledge of situation in which they came after caregivers who were selling small amounts to a dispensary? any additional input is appreciated. Again thank you.

ferndale, and waterford were examples of growers who were raided after a dispensary. They were supplying the dispensary. Sal Agro was the father of the son of one of the owners of the dispensary, he died from the stress being raided.

Why sell to a dispensary, if you want to recoup your cost for growing - that would be the lowest bid you will get for your meds. Most dispensaries I hear only pay $150 to $175 an oz. They claim they will buy meds at $200 to $250 an ounce, but with many growers, outdoor, out of state, and poor quality - they tend to only buy ounces in the cheap range for the biggest markup.

At a farmer's market. Patients are willing to pay a reasonable amount, much more than a dispensary per oz. Sure it is more work, but it can be safer, legal, and just better for patients and growers all around.

6/20 is an important date - www.thc4u.com

-DN

ferndale, and waterford were examples of growers who were raided after a dispensary. They were supplying the dispensary. Sal Agro was the father of the son of one of the owners of the dispensary, he died from the stress being raided.

Why sell to a dispensary, if you want to recoup your cost for growing - that would be the lowest bid you will get for your meds. Most dispensaries I hear only pay $150 to $175 an oz. They claim they will buy meds at $200 to $250 an ounce, but with many growers, outdoor, out of state, and poor quality - they tend to only buy ounces in the cheap range for the biggest markup.

At a farmer's market. Patients are willing to pay a reasonable amount, much more than a dispensary per oz. Sure it is more work, but it can be safer, legal, and just better for patients and growers all around.

-DN

Thanks for the post...I'll have read some more about these farmer's markets. Have you participated in any?

there is a new dispensary in Coldwater I stopped by and started to talk with them. they seam to be very nice folks Nice building. But I have to question the safety of this place. First off it is set back in a wooded area hard to find and see not much parking, employees take up most of parking, Major concerns are it is a major bottle neck one car " Cop car or a robber car " in the middle of the driveway and you are stuck I mean you are totally screwed Nobody goes anywhere. After talking with them for a while It also sounds like they have been making special deals with the local Police in order to be able to open! I question the safety of our information that they keep on site. I must admit at first they seamed great. I was telling them what we had gone through up to that point with the police and city and county. and I started talking about the safety of our personal information that they keep on site, and other stuff our " homes, family, gardens, personal information " Our safety is a priority they want to buy your meds but they don't want to buy them there they want some kind of a back ally deal done off site. where there might be no protection . And there own words were are not here to sell a oz for $300.00 it is 28 grams times the gram price. they have no local ties to the city or county, they came from elsewhere in the state. I do wish them the best of Luck but at this point I will not be going back due to safety concerns. I would urge caution when using this place.

Why would I want a PO Box? If the cops are breaking into my house I want them to know I'm a legal grower. They won't have a team of 20 people busting into my lock box at the post office.... The 24 year old chick with a Mohawk and 20 nose rings I could care a little less about her knowing exactly where my grow is. (joking, but you know what I'm saying)...Even if she was really nice and helpful.....

Again this thread isn't about who tried hiding their address and who didn't or the reasons why each believe so. Your reasons don't matter anymore then mine. Point is I don't want my information, any information real or otherwise, being handed to someone that isn't a government official.

People keep mentioning POBOXes like it's some miracle solution to my problem.....Here's a easier solution for me: Outlaw all dispensaries then my info will never be in question due to the adventurous patient.

See how stupid it sounds rattling off a solution that may only work in to a set groups mind set? I'm just sayin...

So no, a pobox in my mind isn't, wasn't, will not be a viable solution, nor do I really believe it was anymore then a loophole in the first place that allowed them. I believe my patients as well as the agency that licensed me has a right to know who holds what and where. I believe patients have the right to inspect my grow rooms, and I would like LEO to have a clue before they trash my house in a raid. You're free to have a billion other views, but those have no bearing on me what-so-ever.

Best

Funny how you say you wont let patients go to dispensary because your address is on the card. So I say don't put your address on your card and you say "this thread isn't about who tried hiding their address" LOL

Then start talking about some other nonsense implying only law breakers would do such things. How about if your patient gets arrested for something else or lose there wallet or purse. The card could easily end up in the wrong hands.

I was giving information to help our community and you slap away my hand!

Thank god patients have someone like you looking out for them. (he says sarcastically)

I've been to the JC3 in Jackson for the farmers market, I did both, I was thinking most of the prices would be much better than the dispensary but to my supeized they were not much better at the time im a CG for me and my girlfriend i went to get 4oz for me and her I was hopeing to spend around 800 for that but it was allmost street prices still I was amazed I don't know if cuz I was from out of town and new to the place. It's gotten a lil better as I've gone up their, I'm new to growing Ian curntley on my 4th grow. I'm now have 5 pasents all understand that I'm new to it but each time has gotten better. I know all but 2 of my pasents on personal level. I only recoup for my time and cost and they understand. Sometimes it's just a lil hard to do it when your new to this, it and just seeds and water. Sorry bout the babbleing

Dont let that get you down mcraven. Everyone does things a little different and sometimes that involves thier 'pricing' but there is a support group here the size of Texas. Look hard enough and network with the right individuals here and you will never have to worry about other CGs hitting you up for 'street prices'. 800 for 4oz would probably be about the absolute low end for a transfer from a CG for that amount but even up to 250/oz would be probably more along the lines of fair and acceptable at a Farmers Market, some may go lower and as you've seen some may try and get more but as a whole 250 should cover incurred grow expenses/time and travel for the market and still take care of the CG. There are others out there with your mindset and ideals who would be happy to network with you.

Guest Happy Guy

Dont let that get you down mcraven. Everyone does things a little different and sometimes that involves thier 'pricing' but there is a support group here the size of Texas. Look hard enough and network with the right individuals here and you will never have to worry about other CGs hitting you up for 'street prices'. 800 for 4oz would probably be about the absolute low end for a transfer from a CG for that amount but even up to 250/oz would be probably more along the lines of fair and acceptable at a Farmers Market, some may go lower and as you've seen some may try and get more but as a whole 250 should cover incurred grow expenses/time and travel for the market and still take care of the CG. There are others out there with your mindset and ideals who would be happy to network with you.

+1 :thumbsu:

I've been to the JC3 in Jackson for the farmers market, I did both, I was thinking most of the prices would be much better than the dispensary but to my supeized they were not much better at the time im a CG for me and my girlfriend i went to get 4oz for me and her I was hopeing to spend around 800 for that but it was allmost street prices still I was amazed I don't know if cuz I was from out of town and new to the place. It's gotten a lil better as I've gone up their, I'm new to growing Ian curntley on my 4th grow. I'm now have 5 pasents all understand that I'm new to it but each time has gotten better. I know all but 2 of my pasents on personal level. I only recoup for my time and cost and they understand. Sometimes it's just a lil hard to do it when your new to this, it and just seeds and water. Sorry bout the babbleing

Its just seeds and water? - and yet you can't grow for your five patients as well as yourself and girlfriend. Thats why people charge money at the farmer's market - it is work to be successful.

A patient/CG relationship - the price should be cheap as 200 or less an oz (150 is common). But for P2P, farmer's market - you can't expect that kind of price due to the extra work to provide p2p. The table at a farmer's market is rented. They had to drive to the market to wait on people like you. Some days, you might not sell much at a market - so they lose gas and time. Then, they have to deal with new people, again more work. 250 to 350 is common. (sorry to put prices on here, but lets clear up his post of $200)

Street prices? Hardly - due to the demand for High quality, potent meds - prices are higher in the MM market than the street. Street dealers and recreational users pay 200 an ounce for garbage.

So, since you are having a hard time recouping your cost, you going to sell your ounces at a farmer's market for $200 a zip?

-DN

Work, DN and how about anxiety , cost up front for equip, nutes , edison all with no guarantee of success. I know personally i have spent more than one overnight on system change over,repair, harvest etc. and went to work next day without sleep. It' a commitment at a level that not everyone can partake of. Many times you must act NOW or face bigger problems, not to mention the difficulty in getting away for vacation. When you commit to grow you are on call to your garden 24/7-365.

Just seeds and water myass!!!!

-DN

Can we verify this information? I thought just the dispensary owners were raided, not any growers but may very well not know the whole story. Thanks.

I appreciate the responses. I have searched but havent found any examples of a dispensary being raided and in turn a caregiver being hassled. Im NOT saying it hasnt happened. Thats why I started the thread to hear of examples/first hand stories or links to news. I havent found anything, maybe Im not searching correctly.

it has happened

$70 to $90 for a quarter of street?! Let me clue your friend in.

It cost about $1,400 to 1,600 for a pound of street dope, stems, bricked, probably male plants and trim tossed in for weight. That works out to about $87 per ounce for the street dealer. So your buddy is really getting screwed in prices, and I am sure, quality. You can get pounds of mexibrick for $800.

Street dope is for dopes!

-DN

Its just seeds and water? - and yet you can't grow for your five patients as well as yourself and girlfriend. Thats why people charge money at the farmer's market - it is work to be successful.

A patient/CG relationship - the price should be cheap as 200 or less an oz (150 is common). But for P2P, farmer's market - you can't expect that kind of price due to the extra work to provide p2p. The table at a farmer's market is rented. They had to drive to the market to wait on people like you. Some days, you might not sell much at a market - so they lose gas and time. Then, they have to deal with new people, again more work. 250 to 350 is common. (sorry to put prices on here, but lets clear up his post of $200)

Street prices? Hardly - due to the demand for High quality, potent meds - prices are higher in the MM market than the street. Street dealers and recreational users pay 200 an ounce for garbage.

So, since you are having a hard time recouping your cost, you going to sell your ounces at afarmer's market for $200 a zip?

-DN

Yeah just seeds and water, I do say 250oz is a fair price also it's just hard when some people want 3-350oz, I've been able to do ok at my grows been able to up grade after each havest and pay for my harvests also just haven't been real happy with my yealds only geting about 1oz a plant cured not bad I don't thing for a biggner that couldn't control heat huminty, not so good lighting, now I have all that covered and able to keep my ppm where they need to be. I'm hopeing for great results this time I have 32 plants going and hopein for at least 2 each this time

A few caregivers supplying the dispensaries were also raided at the same time. Some have even switched sides during the proceedings, supplying information to the authorities in exchange for special treatment; although I hear the special treatment part may not have worked out as well as those folks expected.

its a shame that good people are turned bad by gov co-ersion.being mae to turn states evidence against their own kind.I know its difficult when looking down the barrel but we have to stick togehter & never under any circumstance give in to the feds or state.If things didn't turn out how they were promised to the few who flipped all I can say is :you dealt w\ liars & cheats aka:gov. officials their bottom line does not involve any thing good for you.they want you in jail & off med mj.

Guest Happy Guy

its a shame that good people are turned bad by gov co-ersion.being mae to turn states evidence against their own kind.I know its difficult when looking down the barrel but we have to stick togehter & never under any circumstance give in to the feds or state.If things didn't turn out how they were promised to the few who flipped all I can say is :you dealt w\ liars & cheats aka:gov. officials their bottom line does not involve any thing good for you.they want you in jail & off med mj.

I think it is a little harsh to say someone 'flipped' when all they did was admit they sold to the dispensary. And that is after the dispensary told them what they were doing was legal. This seems like an attempt at bullying caregivers who did sell to the dispensary. You really can't win selling to the dispensary can you?

I see that a lot of BS propaganda goes on here. Most dispensaries don't keep an official log of who brings in what. When dispensaries get raided, they usually are never charged with anything. Come on, like the cops would really even try to get them to "narc out" patients with overages... If they were to go after patients getting rid of overages, then they would be committing hate crimes against patients who are doing exactly what they are suppose to with their overages. As far as the compassion issue goes...they have higher prices because they have more overhead costs. I've talked to the owners of just about every dispensary in the Detroit area and they all have come to the same conclusion: Its more profitable to grow and sell to dispensaries or patients than it is to actually run a dispensary. So, really, where do they stand when it comes to compassion?....They take less of a profit and work longer hours in order to provide convenience.

Medical marijuana is legal in Michigan. Quit acting like we're still doing something wrong. It makes all of us look like a bunch of paranoid high ons even though most of us are hard working, educated, and compassionate.

ps. Don't believe everything anything you see on the news or read on a network news based web site.

Archived