Armed Robbery Of Clinic By Leo

Just seen this today sorry if its already been posted.

On May 3rd, Clinton Twp. Police led by Lt. Demick raided American Medical Marijuana Professionals' certification center. We are licensed by the city of Roseville as a medical office. We are a certification center, not a dispensary. This was clearly a witch hunt with the police leaving empty-handed.

The raid occurred during business hours. Police manhandled 20+ patients, employees and the doctor. They searched all vehicles, interrogated employees & the doctor for 5 hours. They confiscated the doctor's car, office computers, office files, & medical records. Simultaneously, they raided the owner Tom French's home in Warren and Dr. Dean Fior's home in Troy. They also confiscated Mr. French's vehicle and his wife's car. Police seized all bank accounts including savings, checking, and also home computers, cell phones & cash. They also confiscated $110,000 from the Dr. Dean Fior's personal safe but giving him a receipt for only $92,000. No charges have been filed or expect to be filed due to the fact there was no wrongdoing at AMMP.

Armed with the asset forfeiture law, the police departments have an ideal way to fund their pet projects and line their personal pockets by targeting innocent, hard working people.

Tom French is quoted to have said, “We don't live in Macomb county, we live in 'Make-Em-Up-Charges' County.

Guest Happy Guy

One thing we MIGHT be able to take away from the report is that they took $110,000 from the safe and gave a receipt for $92,000. That usually means that some of LEOs money was in there too. Maybe $18000 in marked bills? That's a lot of cash for a Dr. to have on hand. Sounds like organized crime.

One thing we MIGHT be able to take away from the report is that they took $110,000 from the safe and gave a receipt for $92,000. That usually means that some of LEOs money was in there too. Maybe $18000 in marked bills? That's a lot of cash for a Dr. to have on hand. Sounds like organized crime.

Agree, very suspicious, sounds like they got caught with something and are trying to play the MMJ card. But we can wait and see. Let's see if they post the warrant and other documents so we can see for ourselves.

Dr. Bob

"Boy I wish I had 100k in a safe, I am wondering if this is MMJ related or tax evasion related"

Thats rough!

So are we now assuming if a board certified surgeon has $100K in a safe it has to be MMJ or tax evasion related?!!? If the guy is making surgeon type money than $100K is only a crazy number relative to most of us but likely not to him and who knows for how long its taken him to save that. Additionally, local Clinton Township police who conducted the raid arent usually busting in to take someone down for tax evasion, thats something they leave to the feds. This sounds like exactly what was stated in the first post, witch hunt. The asset forfieture law is the only ammo they had to hold up his money based on what they 'thought' they were going to find, unless maybe I'm crazy and local state based townships raid people for tax evasion now.

Unless there is something I missed or that hasnt come to light it appears as if this doctor was doing nothing more than offering MM certification, along with whatever other general practice/surgeon duties he also carried.

Like the previous post, lets just wait to see before we all jump on this based on our own personal relation to what we 'think' the facts represent.

Guest Happy Guy

"Boy I wish I had 100k in a safe, I am wondering if this is MMJ related or tax evasion related"

Thats rough!

So are we now assuming if a board certified surgeon has $100K in a safe it has to be MMJ or tax evasion related?!!? If the guy is making surgeon type money than $100K is only a crazy number relative to most of us but likely not to him and who knows for how long its taken him to save that. Additionally, local Clinton Township police who conducted the raid arent usually busting in to take someone down for tax evasion, thats something they leave to the feds. This sounds like exactly what was stated in the first post, witch hunt. The asset forfieture law is the only ammo they had to hold up his money based on what they 'thought' they were going to find, unless maybe I'm crazy and local state based townships raid people for tax evasion now.

Unless there is something I missed or that hasnt come to light it appears as if this doctor was doing nothing more than offering MM certification, along with whatever other general practice/surgeon duties he also carried.

Like the previous post, lets just wait to see before we all jump on this based on our own personal relation to what we 'think' the facts represent.

LOL No one pays their surgeon in cash. But yeah, we need to wait and see what happened there. It just looks suspicious with all that cash. If he withdrew it from his upstanding bank account and has receipts then it's all good. A doctor having a pile of cash that he has no way to show how he got it is going to be a problem for him. The missing $18K makes you wonder too. Money laundering? Sold some pounds? Who knows..... we need to wait and see.

The only thing the missing $18K makes me think of is that LEO has sticky fingers or that the dollar figure represented by the original poster was incorrect and only $92K was actually in there.

5 or maybe 6 figure money in a safe at a surgeons home could be related to ANYTHING. One can only hope it was obtained legally and that it does not relate to MM at all. It doesn't seem hard for a surgeon in thier sleep to make $100K+ anyway whether they prefer to keep it in a bank or thier own safe.

I'll be interested to see where this goes and what the root cause of the raid was with not a morsel of meds involved in this mess.

Guest Happy Guy

You are too quick to jump to conclusions. I watched a documentary where a professional thief robbed a bunch of businesses with cash on hand. He used common logic to see what places would have large sums of cash. Using the same deductions, a medical marijuana certification clinic is highly likely to have lots of cash on hand. They can't accept insurance, they have lots of low income people who need to pay in cash, people who have credit cards might be scared to use them, there are very very few docs in the state that are certifying tens of thousands of needy people. All signs point to high volume of cash transactions, legit or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few crooked LEO using the same deductions when they plan their armed robberies.

Sure. You are correct. That is why I keep qualifying my comments with we need to wait and see. You didn't read that part? LOL We already had a medical cannabis doctor here chime in that having all that cash is not the usual thing. Or, not something he has.

These guys are very high profile. Did you research them at all?

After the financial collapse lots of people pulled their money out of banks, or at least large sums. And for a surgeon $100k savings over a few years doesn't seem like a lot. The surgeon that operated on my back drove a car worth more than that.

The $110k vs $92k issue: Even if they suspect it is drug money, they have to inventory what they take. As far as I knew even if they think it is theirs, they have to inventory it. Marked bills, drug money, etc all has to be proven in a court before it can be reclaimed. Not to mention since it was probably all in $100's, to remove $18,000 from it would be 180 bills, if they were marked or had recorded serial numbers, they would have to go through and check each bill individually.

If he really had $110k in there, the cops straight stole it. However I wouldn't put it past his wife or kids to have taken some out for "spending" money.

If I were a patient there, I would be sueing for HIPPA violations. A medical record is a medical record, whether that record says you should use MMJ or not, it is federally protected.

I am not claiming anything, other than that amount of cash is a bit unusual. I don't know many folks that would leave that, in cash, in a safe. Gold maybe, not cash. Lot of interest on 100K, even if it is in T-Bills. I agree about waiting and seeing, not drawing any conclusions. That is why I asked if there was any more documentation.

Dr. Bob

Once you have a few hundred k in the bank, having some outside of the bank isn't a bad idea for emergencies.

he might have had it in his safe as bail money should something like this happen. Maybe his wife said, you can do certs, but I want $100k in the safe for bail money, so we don't have to wait to get you out.

It's not anywhere near 100k, but I have some money set aside for bail money, well more like bond money... Its about 100x less than this doctor, but I am also low profile compared to him. And it isn't because I do anything illegal, or even grey, just having a grow can get you busted if someone really has it out for you.

IF If had a 100 Grand ,

I surely would NOT keep it in my Personal Safe

or anywhere on my Property or Personal Possession ....

It would be hard to believe anyone w/ a college

degree and knowledge of how our law enforcement

and government is to keep that kind of money laying

around ?

It was'nt too long ago that Big Daddy had big money

taken away from them by the Cops ...

Archived