Sour Kush Aka Headband

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much room do you have vertical? I vegged my 707 head band to 14" tall last time. This time I am growing a single plant at a time it is at 19" right now. And I am leaving it until my final other strain comes out then rebuilding everything. I will be growing 1 clone, 1 veg, 1 flower and only growing the 707 by far my favorite I have grown. Now if I get a cut of cutty's pre 98 I may have to do both. So 18 to 24 inches will leave you around 36 to 42 inches if it stretches the same as 707

pardon me, Mezz if this is slightly off thread. But i wondered about this. I had some of BigJ's 707 Headband, and it was amazing. Tasted just like the pheno of OG Kush that i have. But it had a combo/hybrid feel to the effect; soaring up front, and very laaaid back at the end. i wonder what the differences in lineage these two share?

pardon me, Mezz if this is slightly off thread. But i wondered about this. I had some of BigJ's 707 Headband, and it was amazing. Tasted just like the pheno of OG Kush that i have. But it had a combo/hybrid feel to the effect; soaring up front, and very laaaid back at the end. i wonder what the differences in lineage these two share?

The Lineage of Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Original Diesel, Underdawg.... ChemDawg 91 ( Skunk Va ) x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi NL)

The 707 I think is dif. I found this posted at a few dif spots, Sour Diesel x Master Kush x OG Kush = 707 HeadBand

I have also heard headband is Og Kush x east coast sour diesel x east coast sour diesel or

Og Kush x east coast sour diesel x Og Kush

Hey Cap'n, thanks. i know what the strains are made of. i guess i was wondering if the genetics he has are verified authentic goodness, or potentially a great strain, of potentially unknown origin.

From Reserva Privada:

This original cross is not the 707 or any other clone only "Headband," this cross was made by reversing the OG Kush to pollinate the Sour Diesel.

I think I read elsewhere the SD in this cross is East Coast Sour Diesel.

Hey Cap'n, thanks. i know what the strains are made of. i guess i was wondering if the genetics he has are verified authentic goodness, or potentially a great strain, of potentially unknown origin.

DNA's or Reserva Privadas OG's is supposedly legit, I have heard it's the 818 or SFV. Dont know if thats true though.

• 1 month later...

Hey Mezz! What happened to your sour kush. Heres a pic of what i call good old michigan homegrown.

take care

It's about six weeks in. Looking nice so far. I'll put up a pic. I'm not smelling a whole lot of Sour Diesel so it seems to be OG Kush dominant. There is definitely more of a piney smell at this point.

What strain is that again?

sorry 1337 I got this handed to me from a caregiver that got it a dispensary in california. they are head back to cali this week I believe so lets hope for some good genetic to make there way back here.

Here she is, a bit underfed but doing alright.

100_1603.jpg

100_1604.jpg

They seem to have very simular traits glad to see it is not just mine that the leaves curl and get all gnarly looking. Both plants did last harvest and this one is doing the same.

They seem to have very simular traits glad to see it is not just mine that the leaves curl and get all gnarly looking. Both plants did last harvest and this one is doing the same.

I think it's potassium deficiency going on with this one. I started feeding more heavily and the newer clones look good.

Archived