Sour Kush Aka Headband

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formerly known as Headband.

Being from Southern California we had to bring something Killer to our catalog. The last 4 years have been Chem, OG, ECSD and Headband these strains are all related and in the next year we will be bringing you all of these unique Medicinal Strains.

The Headband/Sour Kush has a great yield and the high is completely medical and not to over powering. Finding a keeper mother is easy in a pack of 6 and cloning this plant is easy, rooting in 8-10 days. Growing fast in vegetive stage and spreading out wide to produce many tops and an even canopy will make you a happy gardener!

The smell is Sour Lemony Fuel and produces heavy resin early. This original cross is not the 707 or any other clone only "Headband" this cross was made by reversing the OG Kush to pollinate the Sour Diesel.

This strain has the taste, yield, and is easy to grow. The makers of champions will all the confusion between the clone only Headband and ours we have decided to exclusively call this strain Sour Kush.

Headband AKA Sour Kush

Sour Diesel x OG Kush

70% Indica : 30% Sativa

Flowering Time: 9 weeks

Yield: 400-600g/m2

Copy and Paste from :

http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/reserva-privada-sour-kush

====================

Reserva Privada Sour Kush AKA Headband has a great yield, and the high is completely medical and not too over-powering. Finding a keeper mother is easy in a pack of 6 and this plant clones easily as well, rooting in 8-10 days. She grows fast in vegetive stage and spreads out wide to produce many tops and an even canopy. Producing heavy resin early and a great aroma, our Headband has bag and head appeal. She doesn’t grow as tall as Sour Diesel or as stretchy as the OG Kush and is not so picky with the nutrients. She has a fuely-soury taste and smell with a long lasting high. She is a good all day smoke that won’t knock you down like some of the heavy indicas and is a good strain for anxiety. This original cross is not the 707 or any other clone only "Headband," this cross was made by reversing the OG Kush to pollinate the Sour Diesel.

3rd Coffeeshop HT Cannabis Cup 2009

Copy and Paste from :

http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/reserva-privada-headband-feminized/prod_1725.html

===================================

The Headband has a great yield, and the high is completely medical and not too over-powering.

Finding a keeper mother is simple in a pack of 6 and this plant clones easily as well, rooting in 8-10 days.

She grows quickly in vegetive stage and spreads out wide to make many tops and an even canopy.

Producing heavy resin early and a great aroma, our Headband has bag and head appeal

She doesn’t grow as tall as Sour Diesel or as stretchy as the OG Kush and is not so picky with the nutrients.

She has a fuely-soury flavour and smell with a long lasting high.

She is a good all day smoke that won’t knock you down like some of the heavy indicas and is a good variety for anxiety.

This original cross is not the 707 or any other clone only "Headband," this cross was made by reversing the OG Kush to pollinate the Sour Diesel.

3rd Coffeeshop HT Cannabis Cup 2009

Being from Southern California we had to bring something Killer to our catalog. The last 4 years have been Chem,OG,ECSD and Headband these strains are all related and in the next year we will be bringing you all of these unique Medicinal Strains.

The HeadBand/SOURKUSH has a great yield and the high is completely medical and not to over powering. Finding a keeper mother is easy in a pack of 6 and cloning this plant is easy, rooting in 8-10 days. Growing fast in vegetive stage and spreading out wide to produce many tops and an even canopy will make you a happy Gardner!

The smell is Sour Lemony Fuel and produces heavy resin early. This original cross is not the 707 or any other clone only "Headband" this cross was made by reversing the OG Kush to pollinate the Sour Diesel.

This strain has the Taste, Yield, and is easy to grow. The makers of champions will all the confusion between the clone only HeadBand and ours we have decided to exclusively call this strain SOUR KUSH.

Copy and Paste from :

http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/reserva-privada-headband~sour-kush-feminised-seeds-2564

Hope this Helps ...

Thanks, Dr T. I've seen those already. They only say it is fast in veg, which it is. I just wondered if someone with experience would tell me if I am out of my mind to veg them to an eighteen inch bush. Or should I flower just a week into veg? I haven't dealt with any really stretchy strains and I don't want the tops growing past the light because I vegged too long, know what I mean?

let her get no more than 18" and you should be okay.

That sounds about right.

I would top it once or twice or supercrop her as well.

Depends on which side she leans but if shes OG dominant she will stretch up to 3x!

Good luck.....sounds like a dank strain!

That sounds about right.

I would top it once or twice or supercrop her as well.

Depends on which side she leans but if shes OG dominant she will stretch up to 3x!

Good luck.....sounds like a dank strain!

I've been letting them get about five or six branches. I think I'll put one of these clones in right away actually. I don't know what I'm waiting for. :unsure: Just want to veg them enough to get a good yield, but I'll put one in now just to have some Sour Kush meds that much sooner.

hey Mezz Ive got headband about 5 weeks into flr. I let her get near 2 feet tall and gave her a late top about a week before flower. She sits about 4.5 feet now with a "stadium seating" effect with 4 nice tops. I didnt even know it was an 11 week strain lol but I bet she'll be worth the wait. :thumbsu:

IT depends on indica or sativa strain, and its hybrid %. Indicas seem like they only grow about 12- 15" after being flowered. Sativas, keep growing - I flower my plants at about 24" - 30", (this includes the pot) the plant will grow another 2.5 to three feet. By experience I know that flowering at 24" means it will be about 5 feet tall at harvest. The sativas do stop growing in height about the 6th week of flower, then they start filling out.

Training your plants by cropping them (stop trimming and cropping by the second week of flower to avoid stressing the plant), using nets and wires to pull and hold down branches - will help keep the plant under your lights. At the same time, you are training the plant to expose the side stems to create big buds. Cut off the lower half the of plant (they are your clones), I also cut off the first two nodes inside the branches - they only create small airy buds and now more food and energy goes to making bigger buds on the stem.

Do not over top. people mistake topping (FIM) for cropping. topping and FIM encourages the plant to make more stems, to branch out more. It is possible to overtop and end up with small buds with lots of stem. Shaping the plant is all over, top and bottom, and experience with the strain will help you shape the plant to get the most buds. You want to cut off the lower branches (lollipop) to get air flow and those branches don't yeild much anyways.

Avoid cutting more than 20% at a time, trimming too much off the plant at a time can stress the plant.

Grow times can vary - it is possible to shorten the flower time by superfeeding it. You might want to harvest early based on the trichromes - to change the medicinal effect for you. Try a harvest based on trichromes and harvest another plant based on calendar. They should effect you differently.

-DN

IT depends on indica or sativa strain, and its hybrid %. Indicas seem like they only grow about 12- 15" after being flowered. Sativas, keep growing - I flower my plants at about 24" - 30", (this includes the pot) the plant will grow another 2.5 to three feet. By experience I know that flowering at 24" means it will be about 5 feet tall at harvest. The sativas do stop growing in height about the 6th week of flower, then they start filling out.

Training your plants by cropping them (stop trimming and cropping by the second week of flower to avoid stressing the plant), using nets and wires to pull and hold down branches - will help keep the plant under your lights. At the same time, you are training the plant to expose the side stems to create big buds. Cut off the lower half the of plant (they are your clones), I also cut off the first two nodes inside the branches - they only create small airy buds and now more food and energy goes to making bigger buds on the stem.

Do not over top. people mistake topping (FIM) for cropping. topping and FIM encourages the plant to make more stems, to branch out more. It is possible to overtop and end up with small buds with lots of stem. Shaping the plant is all over, top and bottom, and experience with the strain will help you shape the plant to get the most buds. You want to cut off the lower branches (lollipop) to get air flow and those branches don't yeild much anyways.

Avoid cutting more than 20% at a time, trimming too much off the plant at a time can stress the plant.

Grow times can vary - it is possible to shorten the flower time by superfeeding it. You might want to harvest early based on the trichromes - to change the medicinal effect for you. Try a harvest based on trichromes and harvest another plant based on calendar. They should effect you differently.

-DN

Thanks for the advice Digital Nomad.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived