Mushrooms Appearing Out Of Nowhere

Calimari

I've been growing organically in soil for two years. My soil for the last year has been a combination of 75% Roots Organics Greenfields and 25% recycled soil from previous grows. About 2 month ago I started mixing in some Roots Organics Natural & Organic soil. I now have a variety of little mushrooms showing up in both my flower and veg rooms! Some are white 1/2" caps and others are yellow/creamy colored and 1.5" inches across. I am surprised to see them thriving since the humidity is around 50% and they are in direct light (MH in veg, HPS in flower). Is this anything to be concerned with? The guys at my local hydro store think it's all good - just more fungus for the microherd. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks.

The guys at my local hydro store think it's all good - just more fungus for the microherd.

Not unheard of, but that's funny, you think they'd be more helpful at the store you help pay the bills at.... oh yeah, they don't sell anything to kill mushrooms, (well they do but probably don't know)

If they had something they could sell you to get rid of 'em, it'd co$t $150/g, and you'd need two different kinds. Call it hydro-store logic.

Get rid of them if you can, especially if someone in your house has allergies. Fungus spores - not good for the blood, man.

Hey guys, I put mushrooms, on purpose, in my compost and worm bin. Fungus is good stuff in an organic grow. I frequently culture fungus for fungal teas when in flower. I mix baby oatmeal with wet compost to grow fungus that I use in the tea. The fungus roots ( hyphae) interact with your plant roots. The plant exudes sugars to feed the fungus and the fungus give the plants the requested nutrients in exchange, Good stuff......shredder

You need to know that mychorrizae fugus spores have to make contact with roots to be effective, and they need time to grow. In soil they are best used at cloning and or in early transplants. Continual feeding them in soil is expensive, and not really doing much........shredder

Shredder - I totally agree with you. I only add them during transplants, so the last time they get added is 7-10 days before going into flower.

Tooldini - I doubt he's got magic mushrooms. I saw his grow and they are a mixed bag of fungi coming up. There are so many different types of shrooms with psilocin in it I would rather he not take a chance on it and misidentify a possibly toxic species.

Magic mushrooms grow on whole grains. I prefer rye berries. There's NO way you could grow shrooms in your pots w/mmj. Any photo had to be staged. Trust me I know, I learned in life cycle of psychedelic mushrooms years ago. much more challenging than mmj

ya rye is nice... i preferred organic brown rice flower...blue bruising is a great indicator. but those are not the magik kind.

:) well it would have been kinda cool anyway. They looked like the real deal in the pictures but yeah they could have been faked. I have always been interested in growing mushrooms even though I don't eat them they are interesting. I like challenging things to grow.

Archived