6 Bills To Watch For

Limiting transfers, HB version of bonafide physcian relationship, allowing local ordinances to regulate, sentencing guideines for selling mmj to non mmj user, prohibiting of advertising of cg/overage/places of sale and lastly guidelines for transportation (locked case or trunk)

Controlled substances

New Bills or Resolutions:

HB 4850 of 2011

Health; medical marihuana; transfers of medical marihuana; restrict, and limit defenses. Amends sec. 4 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26424).

Last Action: 6/30/2011 referred to Committee on Judiciary

HB 4851 of 2011

Health; medical marihuana; definition of "bona fide physician-patient relationship"; clarify. Amends sec. 3 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26423).

HB 4852 of 2011

Health; medical marihuana; location of medical marihuana facilities; allow for local zoning ordinances to regulate. Amends sec. 7 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26427).

HB 4853 of 2011

Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines for crime of selling or providing medical marihuana to unprescribed user; implement. Amends sec. 13n, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.13n).

HB 4854 of 2011

Crimes; other; advertising medical marihuana caregiver services or availability or sale of marihuana; prohibit. Amends 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.1 - 750.568) by adding sec. 42.

HB 4856 of 2011

Crimes; other; transporting medical marihuana in motor vehicle; allow under certain circumstances. Amends 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.1 - 750.568) by adding sec. 474.

HB 4834

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28jqiixq45v0n0l4zzzuq4ufq3%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2011-HB-4834

(7) Two identical, 2 inch by 2 inch, color photographs that

show the applicant's current appearance, have been taken within the

immediately preceding 6 months, and meet all of the following

specifications:

(A) The picture is a full face, front view against a plain,

white or off-white background.

(B) The applicant's head measures between 1 inch and 1-3/8

inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.

© The applicant's hair or hairline is not obscured by a hat

or headgear.

(D) The applicant is not wearing dark or nonprescription

glasses, unless medically necessary."

I think we should focus efforts towards a 2012 ballot initiative. Let's GUARANTEE our right to freely transfer medicine, whether you have a CG or not. Let's add that's it's OK for individuals to share medicine as long as it's among patients. Let's add that the Dept MUST form a committee to add more qualifying conditions, let's allow dispensaries and compassion clubs, explicitly. if clubs are so much better they'll run the disp's out of business. let's guarantee the right for anyone to assert a medical defense with proof of medical records, prior to the arrest.

if the senators want dirty, let's create a new initiative to let the citizens know that we want to help the budget crisis. that for-profit groups will have to pay state sales tax, obtain a license, etc.

I'm sure house and senate won't be too happy.

Seriously? I don't know if I can handle all of these, they make me want to move to CA or CO... OR Oregon/Washington... I know, they are under attack just like us, but no way can their legislators really think MMJ has no medical benefit like ours do.

I'm sure I'll be more chipper once the weekend is over, but man, what a downer to start the 4th weekend...

HB 4853 http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2011-HB-4853

my district's lovely senator... he's having a town hall meeting at a local restaurant according to his aide. Anyone wanting to pack it up, conference call, whatever.

The state of the State of Michigan is deteriorating around our leadership, and this is their most pressing priority?

Where and when's the town hall meeting?

There are so many more important issues to attack, yet they're wasting time on this. How despicable these beings are. We have to get the voters to know what's being done to us and the law that 63% of us passed!

Sb

I think we should focus efforts towards a 2012 ballot initiative. Let's GUARANTEE our right to freely transfer medicine, whether you have a CG or not. Let's add that's it's OK for individuals to share medicine as long as it's among patients. Let's add that the Dept MUST form a committee to add more qualifying conditions, let's allow dispensaries and compassion clubs, explicitly. if clubs are so much better they'll run the disp's out of business. let's guarantee the right for anyone to assert a medical defense with proof of medical records, prior to the arrest.

if the senators want dirty, let's create a new initiative to let the citizens know that we want to help the budget crisis. that for-profit groups will have to pay state sales tax, obtain a license, etc.

I'm sure house and senate won't be too happy.

I'm on board for this. Why can't we do another initiative? Prohibitively expensive? Massively time consuming? Would it be possible to beef up the current law? Maybe put in specific penalties for LEOs who violate MMJ users rights? Clear up all the "grey areas"?

We CAN win this one. The reason it's in the form of a million different bills is because the sponsors are concerned they're not going to pass! They just want to get SOMETHING in! Don't give up, the end is in sight - ironically enough, 2012 - they will lose big!

The state of the State of Michigan is deteriorating around our leadership, and this is their most pressing priority?

Where and when's the town hall meeting?

From his aide, he usually has it at Drifter's Restaurant in Esscanaba, MI. Sounds like it's quite "informal", just like a constituent breakfast/luncheon. But I'd like to go there, many undisputed legitimate patients, who if shown no compassion by a Rep. should be fired for disregard for humanity.

I posted a Q to his FB page asking why these criminal penalties will be enforced, when VERY CLEARLY on the ballot language stated protection for unregistered patients? Telling him about a 35+ year ship captain with Parkinson's and prostate cancer. Losing weight with no appetite from chemo, 14 different daily meds for the Parkinson's and cancer, I gave him Rick Simpson's Run from the Cure DVD. He asked me a few days later where he could get it and I didn't really have an answer for him. I couldn't really acquire it for him, without breaking the law. But whose to tell someone who gave 35+ years of their life to the Navy and US Gov't maritime service, that they shouldn't be afforded the right to try a more natural means to curbing the shakes, increasing appetite, fighting the pain associated with everything he's going through, and so much more.

He's on a fixed income, so $250-300 to "try" getting his card to even just legally try a new medicine (never having used it before, who knows how he would react). Where's the protection for him? I wish I could help, I've seen the wonderful testimonials about PB and Simpson Oil treatments, and wish I could help him.

Archived