I Think I Have My First Two Females. Please Review :)

MMJ Intern

I was pleasantly surprised to find two of my 30 day old Fruit Automatic darlings sprouting pistils a few mins ago while misting my garden. When I checked Dinafem's description of Fruit Auto's automatic photoperiod flowering time, it states they would start flowering at 60-65 days. One is about 10" and bushy where the other one is a lanky 14" plant that is sparse of foliage.

I was wondering if they would be ok if I kept them in the 5X5 400w veg tent until I finish my bloom room in two weeks?

Any questions/comments/suggestions are appreciated :rock:

July232011007.jpg

July232011008.jpg

Little cola forming? :thumbsu:

July232011009.jpg

Plant 2

July232011011.jpg

July232011012.jpgJuly232011013.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised to find two of my 30 day old Fruit Automatic darlings sprouting pistils a few mins ago while misting my garden. When I checked Dinafem's description of Fruit Auto's automatic photoperiod flowering time, it states they would start flowering at 60-65 days. One is about 10" and bushy where the other one is a lanky 14" plant that is sparse of foliage.

I was wondering if they would be ok if I kept them in the 5X5 400w veg tent until I finish my bloom room in two weeks?

Any questions/comments/suggestions are appreciated :rock:

July232011007.jpg

July232011008.jpg

Little cola forming? :thumbsu:

July232011009.jpg

Plant 2

July232011011.jpg

July232011012.jpgJuly232011013.jpg

When the plant experiences night for two or three cycles it loses a hormone and goes into bloom. Your pics look well past pre-flower. What'syour light schedule? They'll probably keep blooming. You should be fine. Get that flower room done! Looks sweet!:goodjob:

As I understand it, autoflower strains are about 50/50 as far as starting autoflower early. 50% will go into flower early, and can stay in veg the whole grow. You could keep them in your veg tent until you harvest, on say a 20/4 light cycle. They don't need the photoperiod to change.

The ones that didn't start flowering yet, may be a phenotype that needs the photoperiod to at least be shorter. So those I would throw in a bloom room. Either way, your fine leaving them in veg for now.

If you throw them into a 12/12 light cycle, you will actually lose size a bit, because they don't need it.

Good luck, they are definitely sprouting buds.

When the plant experiences night for two or three cycles it loses a hormone and goes into bloom. Your pics look well past pre-flower. What'syour light schedule? They'll probably keep blooming. You should be fine. Get that flower room done! Looks sweet!:goodjob:

- Thanks Toad. Since July 5 they have been in the 400w veg tent on a 18/6 cycle. Before that, they were under 4ft workshop lights w/ both warm & cool bulbs. I have lost power twice in the last three days but the light was back on within 15 mins.

- Thanks Tooldini! 40 days?!? I wasn't expecting the grow to go this fast. Do you think I would able to take clones off? I've read you could take them during veg & early flower but I do not want to stress these ladies out too much. If the harvest is worth it, I see a lot of Fruit Auto in my future and samples to share at the Sept 7 protest. :thumbsu:

- Thanks for the lighting tips Cedar. The third fruit auto (the twin of the lanky Fruit Auto) was 3" at 25 days old so put her down :{ Currently in the tent I have Purple Haze, an unknown strain, Critical Plus, Jack Herer, SLH, Original Amnesia, and Phatty Fruit.

Growing is awesome! :rock:

Normally you don't want to take clones off of auto flowers. The plant flowers based on time since germination, not photoperiod, so if you do get a successful clone, it will flower immeidately, and produce little to nothing since it will only be a few inches tall. And once they are flowering, they don't really like to grow new roots, so cloning is more difficult.

First and foremost stop spraying your plants when they are in bud!!!! That is one of the fastest ways to loose an entire crop to bud rot and other nasty molds. Once your plants are past a week or ten days in the clone phase, you don't need to spray them. They get all they need from the medium they are in.

Archived