"Peek In Porc's Personal Playpen"

porcupine

The Bubba cut i have seems to be doing just what you described....any ideas how to make her happy if she is doing that?

Hi Dr. Gruber,

Afi is right on,

She can also start stunting if the temperatures are too high or you are having humidity issues.

Peace,

Porc

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine did the same thing when they were left in small pots to long and got a little root bound. I transplanted and they are very slowly coming out of it. She is one of the most unique plants I have grown.

Peace, Afi

Hi Dr. Gruber,

Afi is right on,

She can also start stunting if the temperatures are too high or you are having humidity issues.

Peace,

Porc

It sounds like it could be the pot size issue...i will transplant to a larger pot and see how she goes.

Thanks to both of you!!!:thumbsu:

Guest MosCutty

Looking good Brother Porc, I would agree on the Katsu being rocked out to 70 days. However I would not do that with Pre'98. One of the traits of the clone only is she will pop nanners if taken too long and will show a seed or two on the lowers. The Pre'98 was developed to be a production strain that clones, and flowers fast, they didn't get fast veg but you can't have everything. I take the Pre'98 at 60-65 max and most of the time it's right at 62 for some reason.

If a farmer is savvy with the plant one can begin to take colas at 56 days and finish of at 65 and see a significant increase in yield. Now you people have finally made me write it down. LOL, It's crazy to thing you need to flower Pre'98 to 70 days, at least IMO and what I know about the plant. Remember when we talk about 70 days we are talking 10 weeks, they didn't put 10 weeks in my Bubba Kush manual. LOL

Mos :D

There you are ! :)

Yea, i did get a slightly different number from Porc. Im sure thats cause he didnt know my medium etc. as he mentioned with his numbers.

I sent you a PM also.

Thanks and take care everyone !

Hi Mike,

Just to be clear, if you go back and read your PM, I told you that DEPENDING ON YOUR MEDIUM you should take down the Pre-98 between 60-65 days, and if you want a harder couchlock effect like you asked me about, you can then take the bottoms at 70 days or more for your personal stonier stash, not your patients meds, and to experiment with her on different runs and you will eventually dial her in to your personal taste.

Don't go by red or colored pistils for ANY strains ripening period, there are strains that have entirely white hairs when ripe. The white pistils that are left on most strains that have ripened will change color during the drying and curing process. You really want to harvest your plants by your trichrome's appearance, or when the calyx's swell and the pistils starts retracting, other times with different strains you will notice that no more calyx's will start piling on the bud mass for several days. There are many ways to gauge ripeness in a strain, but colored pistils are generally not an indicator of ripeness. Each individual strain is different, and you will have to find the appropriate way to gauge it's harvest window only by personal experience with it.

Peace Brother,

Porc

Guest MosCutty

Alright, now that we got that sorted lets see some more work! Porc I'm very excited to see what you do with the Purple Moneky Balls, I'm sure the Krazy Kush are coming along as well.

Oh and correct on the Subcool Gear local rep says Plushberry will be in stock next week, at what shop I don't know?

Alright, now that we got that sorted lets see some more work! Porc I'm very excited to see what you do with the Purple Moneky Balls, I'm sure the Krazy Kush are coming along as well.

Thanks Mos, I'll actually be flipping some Purple Monkey Balls into the flower cycle a few days from now in one of my rooms (this particular one's actually a tent :lol: ) and will make sure to get some pictures up before I flip my girls.

Peace Bro,

Porc

Hi everyone,

It's been pretty hectic over here in Porc-Land but I managed to snap a few pictures of a personal tent that was flipped over to the flowering cycle about four days ago. Next time I'll set my white balance so the yellow HPS isn't so overwhelming.

gallery_6229_119_1509193.jpg

Permafrost:

gallery_6229_119_2416222.jpg

Purple Monkey Balls (a very select phenotype of Deep Chunk):

gallery_6229_119_1586410.jpg

Peace/Out

Porc

Guest MosCutty

Looking good Porc, I like the application of the cages. I just finished off the tester of PMB, can't wait for you to sample this stuff. It taste like those old school "Grape Slushies" nice rock hard nugs that you could stand on without crushing. Medicinal value is also outstanding, helped me get to bed last night after working all day.

Very nice indeed, looking forward to see what you do with her! :thumbsu:

Mos

P.S. Think Blockhead, Sour Diesel (Ri-Ri Cut), and Lavender (Soma Cut) all working and testing soon!

Looking good Porc, I like the application of the cages. I just finished off the tester of PMB, can't wait for you to sample this stuff. It taste like those old school "Grape Slushies" nice rock hard nugs that you could stand on without crushing. Medicinal value is also outstanding, helped me get to bed last night after working all day.

Mos

P.S. Think Blockhead, Sour Diesel (Ri-Ri Cut), and Lavender (Soma Cut) all working and testing soon!

Thanks Mos,

I put the cages in now so I didn't get to that d a m n "I need to to do something like right now, or else moment!". It hinders the ability to photograph individual plants, as I can't pull them out singly and get a nicely composed photo, but it makes for a much neater and orderly space from the get go in a tent.

Those cages rock by the way :rock: :rock: :rock: , I'm indebted to you for putting up the link to them at one point on this forum :bow: . Here it is again for everyone Else's benefit:

My link

They are a touch expensive but well worth the money, and will last you for years. Burpee's customer service was impeccable. I ordered them using my PayPal account on a Sunday and they were at my door on Wednesday. I would suggest buying them with the extenders as you save a little bit of money (not tons) because if you don't have really tall plants then you will get double the amount of cages, except that half of them will be about six inches shorter than the others. I noticed they have new tomato cages that are 18" square if you need the extra space for bigger plants (these ones are 14" square).

I can't wait to sample the Purple Monkey Balls. She is one of those type of plants that when you see her in your vegetative or mother room, your eyes are immediately drawn to her. She's a beautiful plant that I think has a VERY high breeding potential like most other exceptional pure Deep Chunk phenotypes tend to be.

There is a pretty good sized Blueberry in there, and an Original Larry OG Kush hiding behind her in the back on the outside corner. The canopy on the Permafrost's and PMB are going to be a lot lower and won't have any precious light blocked out that way. A good tip for anyone is always remember to put the bigger stretchier girls to the outside from the start, you can give them a quarter turn every few days if you have to.

Peace,

Porc

P.S. Can't wait for those ones, among a few others :) !!!

See you soon Brother.

Mos

I finally tried the Purple Monkey Balls and really enjoyed her and predict some good things happening in the future with her!!! I wanted to make sure I had a clear head and some clean glass after wrecking myself on the Chrome Diesel. She was exactly as you said. Her structure is just perfect and everything else seems to be in line. The grape flavor and odor was there and she did more than I was expecting and was quite potent like you said, I really like her.

Now back to wrecking myself :startle: !!!

I've got several really nice strains going at the moment and will start documenting the progress of few here from time to time. One is LaLa's Orange 13 which is a cross of Orange Haze and G13. It should be a really nice strain and I have some pretty high hopes for her. Another one is the Krazy Kush I mentioned earlier and will show some of them from time to time too. Maybe a few other surprises along the way!

Five of the six Orange 13 have cleared the ground and have shed their shells and membranes, the sixth is just starting to poke through the surface. I'll take a few pictures and post them later today. These are not necessarily going to be a grow journal as I'll be taking my time with a lot of them and some other extremely rare crosses I'm blessed to be able to grow out, as I tend to baby these type of things and move them along slowly at first so I can get a nice selection including the males.

Peace,

Porc

Looking real good bro!

Love the structure of that PMB....

Thanks Bro,

I think she's going to provide some really nice crosses in the future. I can't find anything wrong with her! I thoroughly enjoyed the samples I tried and they only had a partial cure but were outstanding and helped me greatly medicinally (severe pain, sleep disorder, and anxiety), and were every bit as dense as the Blueberry. She had a nice light grape taste and odor with a kushy, earthy, bottom end. Deep Chunk is such a nice Indica strain for breeding into just about anything else and I feel blessed to have this particular phenotype of her.

Talk at you soon.

Peace,

Porc

Very cool stuff you're running here. that orange 13, Larry OG, and PMB sound very interesting. it will be cool to see how they look later in life, even if you can't journal them. i will be working in to those Burpee cages eventually. ever since Mos Cutty first posed them,i've wanted them. i love all the science your dropping! Keep up the kind work!

Gotta love this one:

Gotta love this one too,

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star:

gallery_6229_121_47806.jpg

This is just a seedling that hasn't even hit it's vegetative cycle yet. All of it's brother's and or sisters that I've also started are carrying the same trait. It's daddy has been passing this trait quite regularly on to some other amazing crosses he's been used with from what I hear. Exciting times indeed!

This is a testing strain at the moment so all I can say is that it's mother was a very select phenotype from a particular Blue line.

Peace,

Porc

Archived