"Peek In Porc's Personal Playpen"

porcupine

I was just getting ready to clear out, sweep, mop, and do my bi-weekly sterilizations in my clone acclimation/play area, and thought that I would let you all take a peek into this particular separately, locked, and enclosed, room of mine, and also show off a few specific girls that were topped, trained, pinched, and over all just played with (and some other unnamed ones waiting to be transplanted, flowered, or manipulated), so that some of the newer farmers and people in the community can see how Cannabis can be manipulated :pic: . It is a VERY forgiving Genus of plant to play around with, especially so with a lot of different strains.

The specifically named cuts shown are not ever offered to the public out of respect to their creator, and or owners, so please don't even ask me. The clones I'm showing are only just starting to get to the bare minimum stage that I and my associates have offered in the past to our own patients, properly cleared patients, documented cleared caregivers, and co-operative markets every once a blue moon or two in VERY limited releases. Not the specially trained clones, although when our group has always dropped in the past we've always given extra notice for special pre-orders for them in advance. Please note that the creator/owners of these cuts that I'm showing are NOT involved with the aforementioned "Project" and DO NOT contact them for their genetics.

If you look really close at these manipulated strains, each has between 15 and 20 tops, and these girls are only four inches tall max! I lose count every time I try!!! It's fun just playing around sometimes and seeing just what certain strains are capable of IF you have the LEGAL plant count capability to do so. If you don't have the numbers available to yourself then I highly recommend that you not acquire multiple strains until you absolutely know the genetic capabilities of the strain you choose to work with.

First up is MRD's Lemon Cake:

gallery_6229_121_3358845.jpg

gallery_6229_121_111869.jpg

gallery_6229_121_16397.jpg

Next is Cannastyle's cut of OGRaskal's The White (a.k.a. Triangle):

gallery_6229_121_535825.jpg

gallery_6229_121_747677.jpg

gallery_6229_121_1370035.jpg

This is Permafrost ready to transplant, veg a touch, and flower:

gallery_6229_121_1667948.jpg

Here's a top and side view of some clones just starting to veg:

gallery_6229_121_274924.jpg

gallery_6229_121_314050.jpg

Peace/Out,

Porc

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just messin with us? :huh:

Nope,

I'm working pretty hard here in Porcland and figured that I would start a place to show off some other projects I'm working with. Plus I wanted a place to show some newer farmers a few technique's periodically that they may not be aware of, and "MAYBE" a few other things in the future.

I also plan on running or outsourcing a really sick Danish created strain that I'm really excited to be able to run, courtesy of a very good friend here, plus my fellow Dane, the breeder "Lala" who deserves credit for making this sick cross. SFV OG Kush x "Motarebel's" KillaKush (Bubba Kush x "Lonestar's" Killa Queen). Lonestar's Killa Queen is (West Coast Dog x Old World Kush) x (C-99 x "Airborne" G-13). Krazy! Krazy Kush actually!!! I've got five babies that are off to a great start. I also plan on running some of "Lala's" Orange 13 which looks pretty sick also as soon as I free up a little more room, or get some more square footage (I'll start popping the beans then). Genetically it is made up of Orange Haze x G-13 (not sure which cut of G-13).

Peace/Out

Porc

those look awesome! but I still like bubbles!

IMG_20110812_090220.jpg

IMG_20110812_090124.jpg

this is one of the clones I took off Canna's White. they really bush out under the t5, AND THE ROOTS!!!

Not trying to hijack your thread. just wanted to show how strong a grower that cut is!!

Hi Brother Brian,

You're not hijacking anything. I'm also in the water world, but choose to not show off my aspect of that style of growing for personal reasons.

Feel free to supplement anything you want here.

Peace/Out

Porc

What's in your soil/soilless mix?

Thx.

Currently Fox Farm's Happy Frog amended with a little dolomitic lime. I switch up mediums every once in awhile just to experiment. I also use the Higrocorp line of mostly 100% organic products in soil/soiless mixes and non aerated water systems (I can't use it in DWC though) and some of Botanicare's CalMag plus and some Liquid Karma. I do a lot of foliar feeding also. I highly recommend trying out Higrocorp's product called Organa Add and foliar feed with it through all phases of the plants lifecycle. It's a great all around micro-nutrient supplement.

Peace/Out

Porc

Looking good there broski!

You weren't playing when you say a ton of tops on those clones....good lord!

I just bent over my Larry the other day, in honor of you...we will see how she reacts...

Now get those things in some bigger dirt, and flip!

beautiful work,shows you love growing thats for sure!So would you normally FIM for first then LST then top or continue with the FIM etc to get a good amount of tops even like that?

Thanks KindBuds!

No FIMing. They are sometimes topped or pinched (Supercropped) if they start vegging really quick. Otherwise your first step is to start LST (Low Stress Training) them which serves the same function as FIMing if the clone has enough node sites. As long as the apical meristem is below the other nodes, they will shoot up quicker than it. After that it's just bending around the branches and pinching the new tops when they get big enough to keep their vertical height down and to form the shape of mother or plant you want. Just keep bending and pinching until you get what you want, and then let her get some vertical height so you can start flowering or cloning off of her.

The clones are easier to manipulate when they are due for a watering so that's the best time to bend them. They are more rigid after they uptake water. They generally tolerate a lot of abuse so don't be too scared to bend them, especially when woody growth hasn't yet set in around the stem. Even somewhat woody and rigid stems can be bent fairly easily. You would also be surprised at some of repairs you can make if you break a stem.

Remember that you are also stunting the growth of the plant when doing this type of manipulating and it will take extra time to recover each time you bend or pinch a branch or node, so you have to plan in advance to make it work in your time frame.

Peace,

Porc

I just bent over my Larry the other day, in honor of you...we will see how she reacts...

Did someone mention the original Larry OG Kush clone... :crazysmile:

gallery_6229_121_1546963.jpg

(Much thanks to "anonymous" here who helps out countless patients in our state, and is on the front line doing battle everyday for us :bow::rock: )

Nice thread Bro!! I love topping, bending and training. Everyone should learn to and I can`t think of a better person to learn from. Like you said the plants are extremely hardy and can handle the stress with no problems in veg. so those of you that have been afraid of screwing something up just dive in that`s how you figure it out. I have had accidents before where I broke plants in half and that`s when I started topping after seeing how well the plant grew that way. I wish I would of had this kinda of support back when I started growing.

I bet your mail box will be filling up though if you keep showing all those special ladies though LOL.

Keep up the good work.

Peace, Afi

Larry OG!! Very nice sir!

I have a question while I'm here, i have been looking into

Finding an outstanding OG, either from clone or seed, and i was looking into Cali Connections Larry and their Tahoe. Do you have any feedback concerning that place? I know they are backcrossed to his SVF OG male, but curious how true they are to the original clone only..

Look at the field of clones :goodjob:

Looks great porc. Nice and healthy of course.

I like reading your posts, theres always so much detail and information.

Hi Mike,

You mean something like these:

gallery_6229_121_764740.jpg

gallery_6229_121_445665.jpg

Your two little ladies are in this particular mix and have just started popping some beautiful little white legs :angel:

Have fun guessing :devil:

Give me a shout soon Brother!

Peace/Out,

Porc

Larry OG!! Very nice sir!

I have a question while I'm here, i have been looking into

Finding an outstanding OG, either from clone or seed, and i was looking into Cali Connections Larry and their Tahoe. Do you have any feedback concerning that place? I know they are backcrossed to his SVF OG male, but curious how true they are to the original clone only..

Hi Brandon,

To be honest it's going to boil down to which cut of OG Kush you personally like as they vary dramatically from one another in terpene profiles and structure. If you were lucky enough to have been able to try the original OG Kush cut that first surfaced many, many, moons ago, you probably wouldn't even recognize it as OG Kush is known today. I don't even want to speculate on what the original cut was as a few different cuts were released almost simultaneously in Peabody's "Wayback Machine" (Hey Bish, lets have some old Peabody's "Wayback Machine" Visual Enhancement! :yahoo-wave: ).

In my opinion Cali-Connection has suffered dramatically since Swerve and Raskal parted ways. They are still a very good company though, but you may have to go through a couple packs of beans to find what you're looking for (you'll find it sooner or later). Their Julius Caesar is pretty darn good when you pick the right lady. I also personally know that from seed you can get some stellar girls from Reserva Privada's OG Kush #18, DNA's Kushberry, Cataract Kush, Kandy Kush, and if you have the space to handle her, Greenthumb Seeds "Ghost Cut" of OG Kush is spectacular but is probably the most Sativa leaning OG I've come across so she'll stretch like a Mofo (most, but not all, true OG's have a pretty good stretch anyway).

Hope that helps a bit.

Peace/Out Brother,

Porc

I have No Idea which one is which.. But i did stare at them forever and try to come up with something,lol.

Im guessing the left two ? the farthest left being Oh!Zone ?

To be honest, i cant tell how many are even there. I thought 8 at first (2 rows of 4) but now it just looks like 4, by the plants compared to trying to count the trays.

Thank You Porc :bow:

Archived