H.r. 1254: Synthetic Drug Control Act Of 2011

FYI-This is currently moving through congress. H.r. 1254When will the attacks stop? Regards and peace-

H.R. 1254 would expand the list of substances regulated under the Controlled Substances

Act (title II of Public Law 91-513, the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control

Act of 1970) to include cannabimimetic agents, chemicals that are commonly known as

synthetic drugs. As a result, the government might be able to pursue cases involving drug

use that it otherwise would not be able to prosecute.

Because those prosecuted and convicted under H.R. 1254 could be subject to criminal

fines, the federal government might collect additional fines if the legislation is enacted.

Criminal fines are recorded as revenues, deposited in the Crime Victims Fund, and later

spent. (As of August 2010, the Fund balance had reached over 4 billion dollars and includes deposits from federal criminal fines, forfeited bail bonds, penalties, and special assessments collected by U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, federal U.S. courts, and the Federal Bureau of Prisons.) CBO expects that any additional revenues and direct spending would not be

significant because of the small number of cases likely to be affected.

CBO Cost Est

Sponsor: Rep. Charles Dent [R-PA15]

3/30/2011--Introduced.

Synthetic Drug Control Act of 2011 - Amends the Controlled Substances Act to add as schedule I controlled substances: (1) any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains cannabimimetic agents (or the salts, isomers, or salts of isomers thereof), including: -any substance that is a cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1 receptor) agonist -5-(1,1-dimethylheptyl)-2-[(1R,3S)-3-hydroxycyclohexyl]-phenol (CP-47,497) -5-(1,1-dimethyloctyl)-2-[(1R,3S)-3-hydroxycyclohexyl]-phenol (cannabicyclohexanol or CP-47,497 C8-homolog) -1-pentyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-018 and AM678) -1-butyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-073) -1-hexyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-019) -1-[2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl]-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-200) -1-pentyl-3-(2-methoxyphenylacetyl)indole (JWH-250) -1-pentyl-3-[1-(4-methoxynaphthoyl)]indole (JWH-081) -1-pentyl-3-(4-methyl-1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-122) -1-pentyl-3-(4-chloro-1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-398) -1-(5-fluoropentyl)-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (AM2201) -1-(5-fluoropentyl)-3-(2-iodobenzoyl)indole (AM694) -1-pentyl-3-[(4-methoxy)-benzoyl]indole (SR-19 and RCS-4) -1-cyclohexylethyl-3-(2-methoxyphenylacetyl)indole (SR-18 and RCS-8) -1-pentyl-3-(2-chlorophenylacetyl)indole (JWH-203); and (2) the following hallucinogenic substances: -4-methylmethcathinone (Mephedrone) -3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) -3,4-methylenedioxymethcathinone (methylone) -Naphthylpyrovalerone (naphyrone) -4-fluoromethcathinone (flephedrone) -4-methoxymethcathinone (methedrone; Bk-PMMA) -Ethcathinone -3,4-methylenedioxyethcathinone (ethylone) -Beta-keto-N-methyl-3,4-benzodioxyolybutanamine (butylone) -N,N-dimethylcathinone (metamfepramone) -Alpha-pyrrolidinopropiophenone (alpha-PPP) -4-methoxy-alpha-pyrrolidinopropiophenone (MOPPP) -3,4-methylenedioxy-alpha-pyrrolidinopropiophenone (MDPPP) -Alpha-pyrrolidinovalerophenone (alpha-PVP) -6,7-dihydro-5H-indeno(5,6-d)-1,3-dioxal-6-amine) (MDAI). Extends the period for which the Attorney General may temporarily schedule a substance in schedule I to avoid an imminent hazard to public safety to two years with a one-year extension (currently, one year with a six-month extension).[/size]

This is for the 'fake' marijuana, K2, JHW80, etc.

It has nothing to do with natural organic marijuana or cannabiniods.

I think this is a good idea, I have heard of bad reactions to this 'fake marijuana', people trying to stay legal or avoid a dirty pee test are killing themselves with this synthetic imposer.

DN

This is for the 'fake' marijuana, K2, JHW80, etc.

It has nothing to do with natural organic marijuana or cannabiniods.

I think this is a good idea, I have heard of bad reactions to this 'fake marijuana', people trying to stay legal or avoid a dirty pee test are killing themselves with this synthetic imposer.

DN

Thanks for the update. I found it interesting that when a "cost analysis" is completed they project "revenues" from forfeitures. This being the case, if I'm LEO wouldn't I have to meet my yearly goal for revenue generation by any means necessary? Would this prohibit Marinol- I doubt it. How about Simpson oil?

In 1974 the Medical College of Virginia had been funded by the National Institutes of Health to find evidence that marijuana damaged the human immune system. Imagine their surprise when the results came back indicating the opposite: Instead of hastening the death of mice implanted with brain cancer, marijuana dramatically slowed the growth of their tumors and extended their lives. The DEA quickly shut down this promising research. According to Jack Herer, two years later, President Gerald Ford would put an end to all public cannabis research and grant exclusive rights to major pharmaceutical companies to develop synthetic THC.Simpson Oil

Michigan has a history of supporting the major pharmaceutical companies.

Regards and peace,

That fake stuff is really gross. It isnt for human consumption, its insence, not to be smoked... Scary thought to put stuff like that in my lungs, but have known people to think its kool cuz they could pass a drug screen!

I hope it is for only the synthetic versions... But we may not be that lucky, we are getting slammed from all sides....

Thanks for the info...

"Amends the Controlled Substances Act to add as schedule I controlled substances: (1) any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains cannabimimetic agents (or the salts, isomers, or salts of isomers thereof), including: - any substance that is a cannabinoid receptor type 1 "

While I agree that K2 and similar synthetics are nasty stuff, I am concerned with the wording here as it might make it more difficult to remove Cannabis itself from Schedule 1.

z

i agree this K2 crap is dangerous. it needs to be removed from the market. its a chemical manmade substance that was invented to test certain aspect of cannabis, considering research facilities could not access real cannabis for testing.

I read an article a while back which interviewed the inventor. it was solely made for lab work only...

but the wording of HR1245 is suspicious to say the least.

Archived