Medical Marijuana Advocates To Protest

drtarzanmd

Medical marijuana advocates to protest at Attorney General

Bill Schuette's closed meeting with law enforcement in Saginaw Township

SAGINAW -- Dr. Robert Townsend of Clare, who operates a medical marijuana certification clinic in Saginaw, regards a series of closed-door meetings being conducted by state Attorney General Bill Schuette with law enforcement and government officials as "really scary stuff."

A release available for viewing online indicates Schuette has presented two such medical marijuana seminars named "Clearing the air: Implementing and enforcing Michigan's medical marijuana law" in Grand Rapids on Nov. 16 and in Livonia on Nov. 17.

The next seminar is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Horizons Conference Center, 6200 State in Saginaw Township, and a final seminar is in Traverse City on Nov. 30.

The Grand Rapids Press reported that the media was excluded from the

Grand Rapids meeting, where a number of medical marijuana supporters picketed.

Presentations by Schuette, the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, state police, medical experts, municipal law experts and the Prosecuting Attorneys Association will cover court rulings, the application process, challenges to law enforcement and "possible legislative corrections," according to the invitation.

Townsend said he and others within the medical marijuana community believe Schuette is attempting to severely restrict the use and availability of medical marijuana, made legal in 2008 when 63 percent of voters cast ballots in favor of the initiative.

"The purpose of the meetings is to educate local officials on legal ways to defeat the Medical Marijuana Act using federal law, zoning, and public nuisance actions," Townsend wrote in an email to The Saginaw News. "It is a continuation of his pre-election opposition to the voter initiative, and he is using public money to promote not only the bypassing of the act, but is actively lobbying to gain support for his revision of the act."

(Schuette opinion: Police may confiscate medical marijuana)

Townsend said "leaked" documents from one of the first two seminars outlines proposed changes to the law. The doctor created a Facebook page that links to the documents, accompanied by his own analysis.

"Why would an elected official charged with protecting the safety of the

citizens of Michigan be promoting this?" asked Townsend. "Even though it will never pass, everyone that hears it knows they are being given an outline to bypass the law and permission from the AG to use it."

Medical marijuana advocates are planning a "large" protest at the conference center to begin at 11 a.m. Tuesday, coinciding with the seminar, Townsend said.

"What are they ashamed of?" said Townsend. "No press, no voters, no members of the activist community or medical experts who are proponents of marijuana. Looking at the proposed changes to the act, I can see why they don't want the people to know about it."

Because this report was completed on Sunday, when municipal offices are closed, no officials were reached for comment about the seminar. Additional coverage is forthcoming.

COPY & PASTE FROM :

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2011/11/medical_marijuana_advocates_to.html

Im going to be there with a CarUck Full!!!! Everyone that thinks the AG & LEO's should uphold & follow the law and not go above it and around it, should be there!!!

My Sign will Say "Uphold our Law, Not Bully Billy's Opinions"

Or "You Work For US, Not a LiL' Man on a Power Trip" OOOO I like this one, just came to me!!

I 'll be there w/ PA System and

Hopefully some Hot Coffee to share .....

I will need help carring Equipment Please ....

God Willingly it does NOT RAIN ........

Heavy rain expected for most of the state tomorrow. Flash flood warnings have already been issued for many areas. Im bringing an umbrella!! I can help ya if you need Tarzan. Just let me know where and when to be. Thanks! Medcnman.

I am sorry I can't make it to this protest, there is no getting away from work for me. I have to pay the electric bill and such. You know how us profiteers are. I would just like to say thank you wholeheartedly to everyone that is taking their time to do this very important thing.

You are all great people, fighting for what is right. All the patients that might die or become more severely ill because of this madman appreciate you too. God bless you all.

M4

Ya, calling for rain, sometimes heavy.... Ubrellas and Warm clothes are a MUST...

im thinking a bull horn would work alot better, easy to hold with one hand and runs of batteries....

radio Schwack has some but they want about 100.00 for them, and you can get the same ones on ebay for 35.00 shipped. My puter crashed out on me last week, and it was last night before i had much of any time online, and was to late to get one ordered and have it here......

one thing for the list... 50w (up to 1 mile ) bull horn.

Archived