Jump to content

Patient Form?

Recommended Posts

If you are NOT seeing your PRIMARY DOCTOR (some will not write the recommendation due to policy) You are going to ask your PRIMARY DOCTOR's office to give you a copy of your "Diagnosis and Plan of Care" - this document will show the DOCTOR WRITING THE REC your medical condition and what was being done to help you.


You may not want to see your PRIMARY DOCTOR if he is writing you scrip for controlled substances like opiates - they might cut your opiates off as some medical organizations follow Federal rules that prohibit a doctor from giving controlled substances to a known 'drug seeker or abuser'. Marijuana is still considered a drug of abuse and testing positive can mean you get cut off of your opiates. I also do not tell my primary doctor because I do not want my insurance company to adjust my rates for a 'smoker' or such.



Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...