Making Oils: Bho

kruztydj

Ok gang got a question on making oil out of butane or otherwise know as BHO.

How warm does it have to be out side to make this stuff ? When looking for the boiling point of isobutane I found it to be 11 degrees F. So does that mean it's ok to make it outside if it's warmer then 11 degrees ??????

Planned on doing it outside so was the reason for the question on how warm it needs to be outside when making it. My plan is to boil a couple big pots of water and then set my glass dish on top of the pots and if they get cold I'll switch to the other pot of boiling water. Should work I would think. Once it quits rolling in the glass dish then I think I'm good to bring it inside to finish drying

Ok gang got a question on making oil out of butane or otherwise know as BHO.

How warm does it have to be out side to make this stuff ? When looking for the boiling point of isobutane I found it to be 11 degrees F. So does that mean it's ok to make it outside if it's warmer then 11 degrees ??????

Yes , Ive done it in the dead of winter @ 25 & the middle of summer @ 95 degrees F , don't forget glasses & gloves . :thumbsu:

"Remember that any small spark can be a source of ignition, and this includes a cell phone, a refrigerator, or any other electrical device."

The expert also advised doing residue tests on various brands of solvents before using them, as some contain toxic chemicals that could be left behind after the evaporation process. "They don't make butane with human consumption in mind,"

Yep using the same kind as a friend uses. Well crap went and bought a glass dish set thinking the 8 inch would fit inside the 11 inch but nope. Hmmmmm. Got a plastic storage tub thing that is not that big so will fill that one with the hot water and put the glass 8 incher inside it. Should work just fine...

Archived