Mmj Patients Unions

after living the dream in mendocino for the last 12 years I would like to roundtable on this forum one of the things I was personally involved in there in the emerald triangle that advanced the cause of mmmj more than any other thing I saw in my twelve years ther..that is organize ..organize..organize...and does anyone know what the strongest group of people is?? a union so as an member of the mendocino medical marijuana patients union now residing in Michigan and caregiving my two dying parents I would like to advocate that each county start their own mmj patients union...put adds in the local paper reach out to the other patients in your community and start a patients union that is an advocacy group ,patients rights group,and a general open forum of like minded people that are willing to diligently exercise their rights to use ,grow and posess marijuana for medical purposes...each county has their own substantial amount of patients that could do a lot in their respective communities to advance the access to mmj...there are many sick and dying people out there that ere looking for alternatives to the white drugs the pharmaceuticals are all trying to sign us uo on..please consider this and think about a local patients union that reaches out and advocates for patients within their respective communities...I hope to plant this seed here in Michigan and pray my fellow brothers and sisters of the leaf will consider it ...remember 63% that's our number...63...let that be a rallying cry for the future ..I know if some conscious people in their communities consider this they will realize how to .." raise the vibration" ..within their own neighborhoods and consolidate the " tribe" that we all belong to...use the local library as a gathering place to start after all it is a public domain paid for by your taxes...place PSA's in your local newspapers..( public service announcement) usually free and organize,organize,organize...after all Michigan was the first?? state to bring unions into fruition....let's do it again??...and remember the first thing hitler did was jail all the labor union leaders.....your rights are only as strong as your diligence to exercise them......peas-

great idea?? I want to see this seed sprout and grow here in Michigan...there are currently no "union" groups but I fear people will try to capitalize on this to make money and that's not the real righteous pulse to form a union it should be free and pass the magic hat supported so it can benefit the many and not a few

it's up to the 63% to cultivate and water this seed within their communities ...I saw it sprout grow and become the recognized authority for patients within the triangle..these were the first to put out the collective model for which is the standard there now...also the dispensaries here should start " private" clubs member owned with all the privileges of private ownership in clouded in our civil rights..the right to gather etc....I hope this gets watered thoroughly here in Michigan it's where the discussion needs to go....63...that's how many of us ...63 out of 100 in each community...peas-

Mendonsian,

I am not familiar with how patients network in Cali, but I think you will find here in Michigan that the MMMA is the patient union that you are looking for. In nearly every county there is at least one local patient union, i.e. a Compassion Club.

I would suggest that the lack of response is not a lack of interest, but rather folks wondering if you had read anything about the MMMA before posting.

Mendonsian,

I am not familiar with how patients network in Cali, but I think you will find here in Michigan that the MMMA is the patient union that you are looking for. In nearly every county there is at least one local patient union, i.e. a Compassion Club.

I would suggest that the lack of response is not a lack of interest, but rather folks wondering if you had read anything about the MMMA before posting.

What a nice explanation . I would add for background most patients can't afford a caregiver arrangement that would support a person like a job legal or not ( high end examples in courses given in the State recommend patients pay $13,000 to $20,000 for cannabis a year more then 50% of patients live on less ) . Most patients pray for a person with other means of support that treat providing cannabis as volunteerism as the law allows at true cost if they cannot grow . However with Law Enforcement so harsh and one of the easiest to abuse forfeiture laws in America Michigan has few individuals with jobs and any assets who are willing to be involved . Many now understand store fronts and a cash market for cannabis are needed to fill the void . Many here support patient caregivers being able to provide for demand through Farmers Markets or their grows thus at least putting monies into the hands of patients whom are often discriminated against . However nobody is sure what is legal or not and guidance from our AG is violently opposed to providing for a practical operatiing environment . I hope this helps you understand a little of what is going on in Michigan . If I understand things improperly I do not mind being corrected . I wish you luck and welcome you to Michigan .

I love how those from other place are try to make Michigan’s law the law they had back home. I did not read this posting until after 8:50p. I laugh at how the OP seems to be upset that others were not as available as he, to make hourly posting. I also noted as I read that the OP must be unaware of Compassion Clubs. There are not as many as there once were, and many are pulling back because of the backlash that can be traced to the reaction that stem from LEO view of what has been happening. This is not to say that patients are not receiving assistance, the assist is more closemouthed.

who saw the movie, The Union? those Canadians sure seem organized. compassion clubs and this site appear to be our union. perhaps there can be tighter steering focuses based on geography regionally. or is that entirely up to current compassion clubs? have heard too many stories about members being followed and harassed by over-zealous leos. it's certainly a good idea to be amongst like minded people to work towards a common goal.

Is there currently a Safe and Intelligently run CC in this quad-county area?

Ingham, Jackson, Livingston, Washtenaw.

Archived