Downriver - Looking For Any Kinda Of Seed

TheBeagle

anyone downriver have some seeds? dont matter the strain im gettin my card on the 4th of jan and i wana get started asap im new to growing like as new as it comes so even it its regs im kool with it i just wana see how it turns out, im pick up a 400 with ball. some pots etctec this week no nuts simply organic dirt and water and ph balancer any input much appreciated

will this suffice? i plan to do about 3 er 4 max http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-The-400-Watt-Organic-Soil-Grow-Kit.asp

i do understand clones are easier etc but this isn't just to grow... When i do something I like to learn as much as possible so I would not mind starting from seed and watch her grow up, I may even go a little scientific with a couple seeds and dissect them under a microscope check em out see if they have any different internal traits between male and fem.

i do understand clones are easier etc but this isn't just to grow... When i do something I like to learn as much as possible so I would not mind starting from seed and watch her grow up, I may even go a little scientific with a couple seeds and dissect them under a microscope check em out see if they have any different internal traits between male and fem.

Beagle, growing is something that can start simply. You don't need to know and analyze all all at once. Not only that but with all the balls in the air, it can be too much and not lead you to understanding.

The clones are a good starting idea. You wouldn't need a seedling area or separate veg and bloom areas.

By far, clones into a combined veg/bloom room is a simple and easy way to get started.

Then you could expand into learning how to do your own clones.

ultimately working with seeds, cloning them, and separate seedling and veg areas.

And then into a perpetual harvest. (separate veg and bloom areas are essential to a perpetual harvest)

It can be done in phases and scientifically, over a couple years. Learning each new aspect as it is added. Just saying it may help you to reduce some variables. Starting up anyway.

good luck...that's my best and hopefully humble advice...All said, there are many ways to do this and I don't know much(disclaimer). best of luck and these boards are great for growing tips.

Starting from seed should only be done by experienced folks, if not it will lead to failure. (male plant, root rot, nute burn, stunting,) just to name a few.. + it will take on average 2 months longer.

Plus u might go through all this just to find out what u have is junk, or a hermi-(female that grew male frowers and seed'd the meds)

This is why it's better to start from a proven clone from a proven grower.

There is plenty to learn starting with a clone, you need to learn to read the plant and learn what products u want to use. long before u think of starting beans.

The best thing u could do is find someone that can provide u a clone and don't mind a few phone calls for questions along the way.

Wish u luck friend..

Oh p.s. please start in dirt.. don't even think about hydro for a few years..:hot:

I would recommend doing a mix of both. Pop a few clones into flower to familiarize yourself with that most critical stage of growth. Seeds take more care and patience but are great for learning because you take the plant through it's entire life-cycle - germination, caring for sprouts, sexing, pheno sorting, cloning etc - all skills that will make you a better grower.

Archived