Grafting

theNeptune

While looking at an old how to grow book from about 20 years ago, I saw a section on grafting. Now I am wondering why you only seem to hear about clones, never hear anything about grafting. So has anyone ever tried to graft one strain on to a different strain? If so any luck? Why do we never hear about this method?

I have successfully performed air layering. I am about to start my 3rd cycle. I will do air layering again to obtain my clones. I do this to avoid going over my plant count.

Seems like important things are:

use soil that can retain a little water.

pack it tight around the scraped area.

don't disturb the tiny roots while watering.

don't let it dry out.

Grafting works. I have 2 mother plants with grafts from other strains on them. I know another grower who does this also, the guy that taught me how to graft. It is not easy to do but worth the time to learn if you regularly grow multiple strains. Having 8 mother plants can slow production, having 2 or 3 mother plants with 3 or even 4 strains each is a big help.

So if you graft a sativa on to an indica will it grow like the indica and have the sativa effects? Or would it still grow like the sativa?

From the grafted point on including all new growth, the plant retains all the characteristics (genetics) of the plant the cut was taken from. I have never flowered a grafted plant, only taken clones from them. It might be interesting to do at some point though.

Please for the love of god not this again, haven't we been over this enough? I dont know one person (directly) who successfully completed this process, only friends of friends of friends who knew a guy that happened to be the best grower in the world, blah blah blah.

Please focus on something that is doable (and proven) ie. Air cloning. It would keep your plant numbers down and serves the same purpose.

and thats my .04 cents....

We could report him for trolling haha...

Please for the love of god not this again, haven't we been over this enough? I dont know one person (directly) who successfully completed this process, only friends of friends of friends who knew a guy that happened to be the best grower in the world, blah blah blah.

Please focus on something that is doable (and proven) ie. Air cloning. It would keep your plant numbers down and serves the same purpose.

and thats my .04 cents....

Think about it....If growers hadn't played around with different forms of propagation where would we be....That was a legitimate question...There are some really informative videos on youtube dealing with grafting....

Archived