My Mother Is Looking Terrible!

So this pic i attached is of my mother master kush that i've had for a long time and out of no where it started to have dropping leaves and looking like it is allways thirsty!!!! at first i thought it was over watered cause someone watered it three day's in a row... so i let the soil completle dry out and then flush and couple days later the leaves started to shrivle and started to crisp up and tips turn black ive been through every book i have and have no idea what is happeing any in-put would be awsome.. i dont want to loose her....

Thanks DR.GT :notfair:

post-13956-0-50949600-1325624905_thumb.jpg

Root bound,rot??

So this pic i attached is of my mother master kush that i've had for a long time and out of no where it started to have dropping leaves and looking like it is allways thirsty!!!! at first i thought it was over watered cause someone watered it three day's in a row... so i let the soil completle dry out and then flush and couple days later the leaves started to shrivle and started to crisp up and tips turn black ive been through every book i have and have no idea what is happeing any in-put would be awsome.. i dont want to loose her....

Thanks DR.GT :notfair:

My advice would be to take a few clones from the most healthy parts and repot right away. While repotting look for bugs, dead roots or anything else odd.

I can't tell you what did that for sure but would guess overwatering caused some of the roots to die off. The leaves still process light at the same rate and the remaining roots can't keep up.

Or possible overwatering caused ph problems, showing up as a weird nutrient deficiency.

Plants put right in the line of a too powerfull fan can look like that, but that usually is not the whole plant.

Good luck,

R

WHEW!!!!!!!!! When I read that your mother was looking terrible I thought you meant your human mother. I was going to suggest some of PBs famous oils but luckily your problem isn't that severe. Are you watering that plant with nutrients in the water? It looks like nutrient burn. I would suggest watering it with 1 quart of plain water mixed with 1 container of plain yogurt(no sugar added). Then leave it sit for a few days and she'll be as crisp and good as a midsummer kholrabi.

My advice would be to take a few clones from the most healthy parts and repot right away. While repotting look for bugs, dead roots or anything else odd.

I can't tell you what did that for sure but would guess overwatering caused some of the roots to die off. The leaves still process light at the same rate and the remaining roots can't keep up.

Or possible overwatering caused ph problems, showing up as a weird nutrient deficiency.

Plants put right in the line of a too powerfull fan can look like that, but that usually is not the whole plant.

Good luck,

R

so if i repot and find dead roots what should i do? and if there's bugs do i need to treat the roots while i have it out of the pot?

Good luck,

R

If it was nutrient deficiency you'd see discolorations. There used to be this fella named The Vain One around here and he could tell you but time kept passing between his visits and one day he said he was in the hospital and I haven't seen him post since then but then again I went months since I last read anything on here and I just signed up as a member a week or so ago so for all I know he moved to california but I bet you could get his email address from someone and email him a picture and he could nail it down for ya. However, If you take one container of plain yogurt and mix it with 1 quart of plain water and mix it real real goos so it is all disolved and then pour the whole thing in the plant and then dont water it until it looks good then it will be cured in 3 days. That's based on how it looks in that picture now if it is worse you may need to wait 4 days but it will be cured if you hurry up and do that and if it isn't I'll take personal responsibility for it.

so if i repot and find dead roots what should i do? and if there's bugs do i need to treat the roots while i have it out of the pot?

Remove any dead roots, if there were bugs isolate and dip in whatever you are comfortable with to kill them. xmaseves response sounds very reasonable to me, he seems pretty sure of himself, as if speaking from experience. I bow to his confidence. I was guessing mostly.

I have had no deficiencies in years, since I stopped fertilizing heavy, ironiclly.

Still might be a good idea to take a clone whatever you decide.

Hope the yogurt thing works, it is always hard loosing a mom.

• 2 months later...

wanted to give an update my mom is back and looking great the one thing i did was flushed her out twice a week for 2 weeks and after a while she's coming back strong one thing i did notice was the stawk / stems were light brown almost looked like chopsticks so idk if that is a clue as to what was going on cause i really didn't find anything out of the oranary except the yellowing / lite browning that branches got ... but she doing good and will be going into flower very soon thanks again mmma brothers...

:goodjob:

Looks like u have a PH problem.

Get the PH to 5.5-6.

My .02

You go that low in soil?......ive found the 5.8-6.4 range to be good and if your using RO water make sure to always add cal/mag even when flushing

i dont feel like getting into a discussion about polarity effects of RO water at the present moment

peace

You go that low in soil?......ive found the 5.8-6.4 range to be good and if your using RO water make sure to always add cal/mag even when flushing

i dont feel like getting into a discussion about polarity effects of RO water at the present moment

peace

I do not use RO water, but I go that low with my pH in veg only. I use the higher stated range for flower. Key with either stage is to have pH fluctuation. Different nutes are taken up at differing pH ranges.

Happy Growing

Archived