New Bill In The Works As Of Today - House Bill 5286

MMJ Intern

thats my point, while this black and whites (no pun intended but it works) the law in how LEO is supposed to deal with this process of getting a warrant, it gives little to no guidance in how they are to procede, which is why they say there is a grey area. Um Dont most police departments have a procedure in place for obtaining a search warrant? Per the MMM Act, as BB just pointed out, they (LEO) already have the ability to query the Registry (or should have after 3 yrs and the LEIN System) in checking the validity of anyone that presents them a MMMP card. So this Change, simply makes black and white, what should already be black and white, thru the simple idea of when asking for a search warrent for a Possible Cannabis violation, they can simply que the registry, and if the name, address, of the warrant subject is in the system, that must be noted in the decision of making the warrant. this is only a logical step in what is already set up in any Law Department under what should be a S.O.P. (Standard Operating Procedure) where obtaining a search warrent is required.

While I applaud the Proper way to clear up some possible ambiguities in the law, and the Representatives intent, I dont see the need for this bill.

anthing of this nature as i noted above, could be handled under normal legislation, IF the state would fully implement the Act as it Currently Presides.

i agree

at the most should their be only a knock and talk

The state has REFUSED to obey the law.

They will refuse to obey this one also.

We need to un plug the laws that give them power over us. Then there would be no law at all they can use against us.

While they would LIKE to, they just can't convict some one based on "I don't like you."

they just can't convict some one based on "I don't like you." i disagree with that

Nothing in the law requires that. In fact Section 8 of the law specifies that Any offense involving Marijuana. That is why it is legal to query the registry. Because all citizens are covered by the MMMA. Thanks, Bb

Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in section 7, a patient and a patient's primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana, and this defense shall be presumed valid where the evidence shows that:

we know for a fact that this does not work

Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in section 7, a patient and a patient's primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana, and this defense shall be presumed valid where the evidence shows that:

Correct, and if the State would Fully Implement the act, it (the State MMMP Office) could then create an posistion within the MMMP, therefore protecting HIPPA rights,, that has 24/7 manned phone personal, to answer such calls from LEO.

the program has a surplus of over 3 million, that easily provides for a 24/7 manned call in center where a Single person on an 8 hr shift can field calls from Law Enforcment for the Sole purpose of registry verification.

again its not rocket science, but for the State, common sence is apparently way to much to expect.

yet another SIMPLE non Legislative SOLUTION to their Perceived Grey areas.

This again proves the States Refusal to implement the Act, is the direct cause of the grey areas being complained about. It is not the Act.

I totally agree, this law has never been even close to Implemented like it was intended and because of that patients and caregivers have been subjected to unneeded arrest. It's bad enough that these are sick and dying people and the State of Michigan should really be ashamed of the way the have caused patients to be subject to needless worrying and stress in their already stressful lives!

Timmah they can query through LEIN but only with a card # this is the reason why LEO doesn't want or like to accept paperwork. You cannot call LARA after business hours and this is were a lot of the problem lies, without a card # LEO cannot verify you in the middle of the night or anytime other than Monday-Friday 9-5pm and who knows if they will even pick up the phone, so they can't verify paperwork Majority of the time! This is why they detest paperwork it is just a hassle to them. Punching a number is far easy and faster than a phone call, this problem needs to be addressed!!! The State of Michigan is setting Patients up for arrest!!

they could use all the money they have gotten off the cards but i think most people are missing the point here it's not about a lock , or a card, it's about marihuana

i agree

at the most should their be only a knock and talk

Knock and talk, are you suggesting that the police should knock on peoples doors and talk to them. Then they would know if they had medical marijuana cards. Sorry but your delusional. I'm in no way trying to troll you. But you clearly have no idia how things really are or how things work. So ima explain it to ya and maybe someday it will save your arse.

The cops are not your freinds, there not there to help you out. When a police officer is investigate a person there not looking for evidence for there inisence there looking for guilt, and they will find it any way possible, even if its all BS. It is your job to prove your inisence not there's. Meaning they arrest you and you go to court. So talking with the police for any reason is a bad idia. If you think it is anything other than that, you got problims. The police are not your freinds. I've had this conversation, before with many ill informed people. Untill it happens to you, you will prolly stay in your fairy tale world. But it will cost you or some one you love there freedom.

I don't want any contact what so ever with the police. F!@# the Police.

no Cap. Bob was responding to my post...

in the situation of dealing with police, and it comes to light you are a medical patient, however that is, I made the assertion the ONLY thing they (LEO) should be allowed to do is verify you are within the limits allowed in the Act. ONCE a warrent is obtained. When serving the warrent, they should do a normal knock and serve. Imagine if Subpoena was served in the No Knock, kick the door in method...

My point being, they should not be kicking in doors in gestapo style gun drawn raids.. when serving a Warrent.

90% of all cannabis arrest are for minor possession, but LEO is going in with the presumpion 100% of suspects are Cartel Members. Facts prove only 10% are non criminal, non cartel related, simple user that quite often are using medically, thus the Sec 8 Defense. But out of some Miss guided FEAR, that it is POSSIBLY a larger trafficker of drugs on the illegal Market. And out of that 10%, i highly doubt many of the arrests of Strictly Cannabis users are Cartel members or even maybe local gang members, but instead, the 90% of cannabis users that are medicating with it. Regardless of registry affiliation or not. that is far removed from the Cartels and violence of Mexico.

At any rate, Bob was only replying to my post on when a warrent is being served, LEO needs to knock on the door, like Officers should, and serve the warrent.

Kicking in the door and tossing the warrent in someones face with 20 guns drawn on them is hardly due process, nor proper service of a warrent of suspicion of criminal activity.

in the situation of dealing with police, and it comes to light you are a medical patient, however that is, I made the assertion the ONLY thing they (LEO) should be allowed to do is verify you are within the limits allowed in the Act. ONCE a warrent is obtained. When serving the warrent, they should do a normal knock and serve. Imagine if Subpoena was served in the No Knock, kick the door in method...

My point being, they should not be kicking in doors in gestapo style gun drawn raids.. when serving a Warrent.

90% of all cannabis arrest are for minor possession, but LEO is going in with the presumpion 100% of suspects are Cartel Members. Facts prove only 10% are non criminal, non cartel related, simple user that quite often are using medically, thus the Sec 8 Defense. But out of some Miss guided FEAR, that it is POSSIBLY a larger trafficker of drugs on the illegal Market. And out of that 10%, i highly doubt many of the arrests of Strictly Cannabis users are Cartel members or even maybe local gang members, but instead, the 90% of cannabis users that are medicating with it. Regardless of registry affiliation or not. that is far removed from the Cartels and violence of Mexico.

At any rate, Bob was only replying to my post on when a warrent is being served, LEO needs to knock on the door, like Officers should, and serve the warrent.

Kicking in the door and tossing the warrent in someones face with 20 guns drawn on them is hardly due process, nor proper service of a warrent of suspicion of criminal activity.

O Ok, I didnt even see who it was I looked at the thread on my phone. My BAD BOB, your prolly the last person on earth that thinks the leo is friendly.

I still stand by what I said though maybe some one will read it and will get the bigger picture.

But as far as knock raids as long as it illegal it will never happen.

what i dont understand it the millions they make off cards they cannot afford to BUY SOME dam printers and hire more people in to get the dam cards out in a reasonable manner this is Redic, they can get drivers license out ALL over the dam world out in time, Credits cards,debit cards all on time.....yet they cannot get patients cards out in time....i think we need to focus more on getting them to get their asses in gear and get the cards out. There is no dam reason they can't IMO they are stalling on purpose tryin to catch patients with paperwork

what i dont understand it the millions they make off cards they cannot afford to BUY SOME dam printers and hire more people in to get the dam cards out in a reasonable manner this is Redic, they can get drivers license out ALL over the dam world out in time, Credits cards,debit cards all on time.....yet they cannot get patients cards out in time....i think we need to focus more on getting them to get their asses in gear and get the cards out. There is no dam reason they can't IMO they are stalling on purpose tryin to catch patients with paperwork

so you still think a card is going to help you?

O Ok, I didn't even see who it was I looked at the thread on my phone. My BAD BOB, your prolly the last person on earth that thinks the Leo is friendly.

I still stand by what I said though maybe some one will read it and will get the bigger picture.

But as far as knock raids as long as it illegal it will never happen.

no worries here it's OK i hope some day to be able to do training at a compassion club maybe a mock raid or something but most of them don't want it i know that the most of the people that come here no DON'T TALK TO LEO but it's the people that don't come here but still go to the clubs that we need to be reaching

it is Leo's job to get as much information as they can against you

and when it does happen to you and it will if you are growing because they have your address and all the Bill's that are coming are way it's only a matter of who will be next

you think you are legal is the only thing on your mind

thank you for backing me up

Archived