Clearing The Air

Good Morning All,

Just came on here to put a couple of my personal thoughts out there. Throughout my time as a member of the site, I have seen alot of negative comments and feedback by a lot of members in the MM community pertaining to dispensaries. Most concerns are directed at the point of price per gram (20-25/g), and the overall standpoint that dispensaries are getting rich off of "robbing patients". I can't speak for how things are run state wide, but around my way we have dry meds from 5,10,15,20.. with various specials and quantity deals.

Patients are treated with care and have readily available meds to acquire at their own convenience.

I understand the farmer's market model, from it's infrastructure to it's intended purposes... I also agree that it should have it's place in the community.Presently we have a surplus of CG's with overages; and the FM allows them to unload overages; while providing the patients a slightly lower price. With that being said, I disagree in which the manner it is promoted. Calling disp. scum and criminals and in turn claiming the FM is the undoubted answer in solution is a bit extreme. We are all a part of the MM community. We both serve a specific purpose while having a similar goal. To provide PATIENT RELIEF. When you start deducting costs and business expenses endured to maintain a business, you quickly realize the FM Vendors are making a substantial gain for a mere 50$ table rental. Keep in mind disp. are open 6-7 days a week, where people there have dedicated their lives to giving patients counseling & safe,steady access to meds. In return we risk our freedom, our finances, and our future.

It's not my intended purpose to slander the FM or advertise dispensaries. Not looking for a pat on the back , just a bit more respect as being a compassionate service not a profit-driven crook.

Hello HempHero,

I appreciate your contribution to the conversation here. Now I am one of those folks that thinks dispensaries are not within the law so to be honest I have never been inside one. I am a caregiver with 5 patients and part of a co op and help out at the farmers market, this is what I know and I see it working well.

Can you help me understand more about how you handle low income patients, also wonder if you would be open to sitting down and talking I would be very interested in your perspective and experience. I have had a bias against dispensaries but I want to be open to all points of view and the community at large. So if you are open would love to buy you a cup of coffee and chat.

Regards, Ezrah

I know lots of despenseries that charge 10-25 for grams and 35-65 for eigths. While it may not be as good of quality for your money as you'd get at a farmers market, but after you go to one place a while the people start to give you better deals. I think they are nessacary for people who simply don't know anyone or anything about growing, giving them instant access to lots of different meds. I do think if despenseries are going to be open they need to test there meds and make sure they are only buying top shelf not dusty outdoor to move at top shelf prices.

I feel dispensaries are for the most part money machines, and any gram at 20 is insane, imo. that being said they are needed kind of like a convenience store you know you're going to pay more, but you want or need it now. Alot of older ppl that don't get online or out much wouldn't have another outlet.

darn... don't i feel a bit guilty... ;-) was/am sincere in my offer to help out. esp w consideration to getting out to those that are dire need.

that's the thing... at the end of the day, it comes down to the nature of the person(s) running the whole endeavor... be it a dip, a market or a direct caregiver. more than a few rotten apples in each bunch... and then there are also a handful of truly decent people that seem to end up giving... way more than they get. think the numbers are stacked in favor of the rotten apples, so i too am a bit jaded & even hostile to that market. but there certainly are benefits to the patient to be able to have a stable b&m establishment, that is sanctioned & even protected by the local powers. and there are compassionate operators out there.

ultimately, we want to increase access for people... it should be safe, consistent & of quality. whichever model is used though... it's going to come down to the nature of the people running things. best of wishes all.

I agree that there is room for many avenues, and I do think a store front or dispensary is more comfortable for some people. I would like to see more grow shops and dispensaries in the mix if you will. I will personally be meeting with grow shops in my area and asking them for support both with actions like having information in there shops and donating to the legal defense fund, I recommend we all do this, not in a confrontational way but seeing if they know what is going on if not letting them know and asking for support. Anyone who goes to a dispensary maybe you would do the same. Politicians are representative of the people and if we make it known we have needs, this this law servers us and that we vote well we will get attention and we will see some improvements. Again peeps lots of bills get proposed very few get approved with a super majority, we need to get out there and make our voices heard.

Good Morning All,

Just came on here to put a couple of my personal thoughts out there. Throughout my time as a member of the site, I have seen alot of negative comments and feedback by a lot of members in the MM community pertaining to dispensaries. Most concerns are directed at the point of price per gram (20-25/g), and the overall standpoint that dispensaries are getting rich off of "robbing patients". I can't speak for how things are run state wide, but around my way we have dry meds from 5,10,15,20.. with various specials and quantity deals.

Patients are treated with care and have readily available meds to acquire at their own convenience.

I understand the farmer's market model, from it's infrastructure to it's intended purposes... I also agree that it should have it's place in the community.Presently we have a surplus of CG's with overages; and the FM allows them to unload overages; while providing the patients a slightly lower price. With that being said, I disagree in which the manner it is promoted. Calling disp. scum and criminals and in turn claiming the FM is the undoubted answer in solution is a bit extreme. We are all a part of the MM community. We both serve a specific purpose while having a similar goal. To provide PATIENT RELIEF. When you start deducting costs and business expenses endured to maintain a business, you quickly realize the FM Vendors are making a substantial gain for a mere 50$ table rental. Keep in mind disp. are open 6-7 days a week, where people there have dedicated their lives to giving patients counseling & safe,steady access to meds. In return we risk our freedom, our finances, and our future.

It's not my intended purpose to slander the FM or advertise dispensaries. Not looking for a pat on the back , just a bit more respect as being a compassionate service not a profit-driven crook.

Ummm, I have been around here for some time now. So I believe I can speak on the subject of dispensaries and the fallacy of them being called scum and criminals.

Personally I have never in all of the time I have participated on this site seen dispensaries called scum or criminals.

From my point of view you represent a dispensary, that's cool my problem with them is there is no room for cg's with overages they tend to be based more around a personal non profit model.

Also I know for a fact that a lot of cg's that do fm's are knowledgeable and will go the extra mile. We really need to stop this in fighting! Our battle is with the state an BS. If we do not unite we all FAIL!

Ummm, I have been around here for some time now. So I believe I can speak on the subject of dispensaries and the fallacy of them being called scum and criminals.

Personally I have never in all of the time I have participated on this site seen dispensaries called scum or criminals.

From my point of view you represent a dispensary, that's cool my problem with them is there is no room for cg's with overages they tend to be based more around a personal non profit model.

Also I know for a fact that a lot of cg's that do fm's are knowledgeable and will go the extra mile. We really need to stop this in fighting! Our battle is with the state an BS. If we do not unite we all FAIL!

unite i agree

As a Patient, I should be able to choose my medicine, choose my health care, and choose my means of acquiring my medicine in the treatment of my private medical life.

I can go get a script for vicoden, or any multitude of different pain killers, any number of competitors brand of poison, or even a cheap chinese "Non Branded" type of pharmaceutical poisons. I can do this in atleast 35 locations in my town, which has city limit size of 3 miles by 3 miles roughly. I may add, the World Headquarters for 3 major WORLD WIDE Chemical companies are in this "Small" modest town I reside in.

If I can get a medicine from a Dr. in the manor above, which is hap hazard at best, How is my natural medicinal choice any different? Why do I have to go to a back alley, someones basement, or garage? why do I have to get my medicine from only one source Mr Schuette? Is it perhaps because your daddy (or sorry, did I say that outloud) wasn't such a nice guy? Did he teach you how to rape humanity for financial Profits? Give a slice of pie, and hide the rest of it for yourself? Or did you find out how many pies you can get from pops old friends?

Shameful Mr. Schuette, and So MANY of you Republicans (not all, I know some of you are still human, though you may have to hide this fact) that you would put your personal financial gains above that of the people that voted you into office, being they are the same people that voted in the 2008 Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. Actually Less voted you into office, than those that voted to Amend the State's Constitution with the 08 MMM Act as it happens to be.

That is, unless the people you work for are those Mitt Romney buddies (Say Bill, You're Willards Mi Campaign manager yes? Sure hope you didnt use any of MY tax money supporting him. If you did, the Citizens of the State of Michigan want to have a little chat about that downtown.) that are in on those piddly 10,000.00 bets. But you do not work for those guys do you Mr Federal Attorney General( whoops, did I let it slip that you are interviewing for that perceived coming job opening)? I mean, you DO still work for the CITIZENS of the state of Michigan don't you?

Archived