Thought This Was Medical ?

MedPatient636

Dan, thank you for continuing to clarify why the donation is what it is. If anyone on the forums wants to phenotype their own CBD-rich phenotype and undercut what we're offering I'm sure any lab in the state would be glad to assist you. I'd love it too because then we'd stop getting so many calls from patients asking where to obtain CBD-rich meds.

Hey I really get costs as a grower I get that. Thing is there are a number of ways to recoup costs, maybe instead of releasing 5 clones at $500 per you could have done 20 or so at a lower donation rate. I also think if you would have set some expectations around donation as you advertised it was coming people would have not been so reactive. Look we need more high CBD strain, if I had the money I would send it to you just for the work you guys were doing on it, I was the one that started a thread in search of a strain. I do wish you guys well if you are top notch a place as you seem this to like everything will pass. You asked for a donation to cover costs, people got man, ok, not the end of the world. Keep doing you best and good things and good will come you way is my thought and I wish you guys well because again we all need good genetics and testing.

Warm regards, Ez

I'll check out your website.

You won't be able to find the leaf results since they weren't shared on the site, however here are the two experiences I can share:

1) Cannatonic (tested leaves before flowering)

(#4) leaf = 0.2% CBDA, 0.0% THCA // bud = 15.6% CBD, 0.7% THC

(#7) leaf = 0.1% CBDA, 0.1% THCA // bud = 8.5% CBD, 8.9% THC

2) Tora Bora (tested buds before leaves)

** bud originally tested with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio

** several seeds had been germinated however we were unsure which remaining plants were CBD-rich

** testing each remaining plant allowed us to find the ones with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio (several had no CBD at all, so we are lucky the CBD-rich bud was turned in for the first round of testing or we may have never discovered the CBD-rich versions)

I thought this was America, land of the Free and Free Enterprise.

If you don't like the price of a corvette you can still buy a different car that's in your price range.

Supply and Demand determine Price, pretty easy concept to understand.

Henry Ford didn't like the average price of automobiles, he didn't complain, he solved the problem.

:thumbsu:

You won't be able to find the leaf results since they weren't shared on the site, however here are the two experiences I can share:

1) Cannatonic (tested leaves before flowering)

(#4) leaf = 0.2% CBDA, 0.0% THCA // bud = 15.6% CBD, 0.7% THC

(#7) leaf = 0.1% CBDA, 0.1% THCA // bud = 8.5% CBD, 8.9% THC

2) Tora Bora (tested buds before leaves)

** bud originally tested with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio

** several seeds had been germinated however we were unsure which remaining plants were CBD-rich

** testing each remaining plant allowed us to find the ones with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio (several had no CBD at all, so we are lucky the CBD-rich bud was turned in for the first round of testing or we may have never discovered the CBD-rich versions)

What is the yield like for each of those? Any idea?

Hi,

For those interested, Mr. Nice currently has an auction in progress.

Here is the description of their company from the web site. "The Mr Nice Seed Bank is owned by Shantibaba, and incorporates the talents of another equally experienced breeder of exceptionally high quality, and operates with the collaboration of Howard Marks. These three individuals command a huge wealth of experience in producing cannabis strains. They have produced a large amount of the winning strains of cannabis since 1990, including such legendary strains as Northern Lights No. 5, NL5 x Haze, Super Silver Haze, White Widow, White Rhino, and White Shark".

Regards and peace,

C

Hi,

For those interested, Mr. Nice currently has an auction in progress.

Here is the description of their company from the web site. "The Mr Nice Seed Bank is owned by Shantibaba, and incorporates the talents of another equally experienced breeder of exceptionally high quality, and operates with the collaboration of Howard Marks. These three individuals command a huge wealth of experience in producing cannabis strains. They have produced a large amount of the winning strains of cannabis since 1990, including such legendary strains as Northern Lights No. 5, NL5 x Haze, Super Silver Haze, White Widow, White Rhino, and White Shark".

Thanks for posting this link.

Regards and peace,

C

Just picked up a few packs of the CBD Crew's outdoor variety from Mr. Nice. They are described as producing very diverse phenotypes that are primarily short-flowering indicas. The next round of auctions doesn't end for 13 days. Mark your calendars so you can be sure to watch the final few minutes as the majority of outbidding occurs during this timeframe.

BTW-Check in the forums for Simone or Shantibaba and request a price list. They might offer a discount for medical patients on the CBD products and with the discount you might pay lower than the auction prices. I have seen bidders pay way over the regular retail price during the last few minutes.

Regards and peace,

C

Just picked up a few packs of the CBD Crew's outdoor variety from Mr. Nice. They are described as producing very diverse phenotypes that are primarily short-flowering indicas. The next round of auctions doesn't end for 13 days. Mark your calendars so you can be sure to watch the final few minutes as the majority of outbidding occurs during this timeframe.

Price sounds about right. How are these types of people found and contacted? What type of sample/certs. are they touting? Located in? Is this sort of thing legit under the law? Rooted clone? Is it purple? LOL JK ;). Thank you. As a care giver I am intrested in this info. Feel very free to PM me if you should so choose.

Price sounds about right. How are these types of people found and contacted? What type of sample/certs. are they touting? Located in? Is this sort of thing legit under the law? Rooted clone? Is it purple? LOL JK ;). Thank you. As a care giver I am intrested in this info. Feel very free to PM me if you should so choose.

Cannalytics can put you in touch with these folks. Just shoot them an email.

http://micannalytics.com

I belive that one would have to be really "hard up" to donate 250 dolllars for a friggin clone. Or maybe cannatonic thinking there getting some kind of super strain, while their puffin' a blue dream! No such thing as the "perfect" plant, even from testing, it can still have many variations within all flowers on one plant.

• 2 years later...

$35 tora bora clone just picked up ill keep you updated on if its real....also talking to the same source about cannatonic #4 and i will only be satisfied with Tora @ 2:1 CBD:THC and Cannatonic #4 10:1 CBD:THC.....if thats the case i will offer the source or clones from me for free for card holders with a plant count(I WILL NOT HAVE ANY OR ENOUGH ROOM TO DO LARGE DEMANDS OR HAVE ANY EVEN FOR MY CROPS FOR MY PATIENTS FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS AND STILL DONT KNOW IF ITS LEGIT BUT do believe its important to preserve and share for medical reasons) if you would like to contact me direct about after she is a healthy mother or the source to take a chance because you need it now go ahead.

Edited by Sweettooth222