Two Year Cards And A Possible Downside

It occurs to me that there may be a negative aspect to the extra year. If our rights continue to be eroded, owning a card could become a liability instead of an asset.

If rulings and opinions and new bills continue to paint a larger and larger target on the back of even the most qualified patient, many may want to opt out of the program in the hopes the police will quit harassing them.

I wonder how the LIEN system treats former patients and caregivers. If, even after opting out, police can still identify participants through LIEN until the card expires, that extra year will seem terribly long.

I do not know how LIEN works however. It may be that you can never opt out, once you were in. Anyone know any more about this?

I thought the law said felony not misdemeanor?

It does. But back in 81 I was caught smoking a jay. $25 fine is all the judge wanted. Such a small thing. But they dug it up, after I was already a caregiver for 3 years. My record doesn't say it was a misdemeanor or a felony. But a person well versed in law looked at it and decided to mess around with this caregiver a little. With the way they handle any extraneous paperwork down at LARA, I'm cut out for a whole cycle with my patient. Because they can.

Edited by Restorium2

It does. But back in 81 I was caught smoking a jay. $25 fine is all the judge wanted. Such a small thing. But they dug it up, after I was already a caregiver for 3 years. My record doesn't say it was a misdemeanor or a felony. But a person well versed in law looked at it and decided to mess around with this caregiver a little. With the way they handle any extraneous paperwork down at LARA, I'm cut out for a whole cycle with my patient. Because they can.

had a problem with a 1980 charge of possesion i was 17 then and went to court paid a fine and was released.

then a couple of years ago they wanted to not issue me a builders licence renew.

they sent me a form saying list all of the things you could have ever been in trouble for

i called them they wouldnt tell me what flagged them what was i being acused of

I got a lawyer LARA said it was a fellony pot charge.

my good lawyer then looked up the court records which nobody wanted to share

and finally came to the determination THE COURT THAT I WAS TRIED IN WAS NOT ABLE TO ISSUE FELONYS THEREFORE ON FELONY COULD BE POSSIBLE. TO GET A FELONY CHARGE I WOULD HAVE BEEN TRIED IN A HIGHER COURT.

two year cards not good

as unpredictable as our mm laws are and how mis represented the law has become due to KANGAROO COURT

makes me think i may not want my card anymore.

MY REPLY TO LEO

"NO SIR I HAVENT TAKEN ANYTHING FOR MY CANCER IN MONTHS I THINK I MAY BE CURED"

i wouldnt suggest to anybody in this enviroment to have a card.

hopefully that will change soon

but for now know the law

check lights

drive like your being tested

no hippie stuff

seatbelts

have lic and reg. ins in glove box ready to go

look them in the eye

be nice keep your cool act calm

becareful with small talk

mums the word

two year cards not good as unpredictable as our mm laws are and how mis represented the law has become due to KANGAROO COURT makes me think i may not want my card anymore. MY REPLY TO LEO "NO SIR I HAVENT TAKEN ANYTHING FOR MY CANCER IN MONTHS I THINK I MAY BE CURED" i wouldnt suggest to anybody in this enviroment to have a card. hopefully that will change soon but for now know the law check lights drive like your being tested no hippie stuff seatbelts have lic and reg. ins in glove box ready to go look them in the eye be nice keep your cool act calm becareful with small talk mums the word

makes me think i may not want my card anymore that is what the state wants for people to give up

two year cards not good

as unpredictable as our mm laws are and how mis represented the law has become due to KANGAROO COURT

makes me think i may not want my card anymore.

MY REPLY TO LEO

"NO SIR I HAVENT TAKEN ANYTHING FOR MY CANCER IN MONTHS I THINK I MAY BE CURED"

i wouldnt suggest to anybody in this enviroment to have a card.

hopefully that will change soon

but for now know the law

check lights

drive like your being tested

no hippie stuff

seatbelts

have lic and reg. ins in glove box ready to go

look them in the eye

be nice keep your cool act calm

becareful with small talk

mums the word

my thoughts exactly

I agree that once you signed up for the program, your name will never completely fall off some 'list'. Someone, somewhere will know that you were in the program.

The question that I guess no one knows is what does the police officer that 'runs your plate' see in his car. Does he know today who is a patient or caregiver? Will pending legislation, if approved, allow this if it is not currently there?

Is there any way to get your patient status removed from the screen in the police officer's car ?? If you opt out, are you ever removed from LIEN?

When does the (2) two year registry go into effect? Our cards expire within the next 45-50 days. Anyone know about this?

The 2 year cards is in an amendment that has been approved by the House but not yet by the Senate, so it is not in effect yet.

If the Senate approves it, it will likely become effective immediately, as this Legislature is fond of doing. That would likely mean by the end of June. That is my guess.

We still have time to fight this though

well hell that can happen to me, I have a few simple possesion charges, plus 3 or 4 that got dropped after becoming legal, I just became my lady's c.g, so when I reapply they may do that to me! sounds like I have a larger misdemeanor record than you!

I guess the best thing would be to have her get her plant rights back and not even try to be a c.g eh? this realy blows!

Peace

Jim

Thanks. Didn't know if I should just go ahead and renew or wait for the 2 year card.

Mize you have to renew within 60 days of card expired or you have to start over, and you most def should get your renewal in now, It is best to send it in at least 60 days early! whether or not the senate passes this shouldnt matter, if it is passed while your renewels are in, im sure they will either give you the 2 yr card and or notify you that you owe more for the 2 yrs, (im not sure if we have to pay for 2 yrs when the law changes) and I totaly believe they will most definatly pass these amendments, they may make a few adjustments, but it will go thru, and I would say, if the state can make more cash for a 2 yr card they will do it! if not they will prob scratch that part of the amendment!

Peace

Jim

well hell that can happen to me, I have a few simple possesion charges, plus 3 or 4 that got dropped after becoming legal, I just became my lady's c.g, so when I reapply they may do that to me! sounds like I have a larger misdemeanor record than you!

I guess the best thing would be to have her get her plant rights back and not even try to be a c.g eh? this realy blows!

Peace

Jim

But, on the bright side it won't effect your ability to be a patient. Couldn't she be your caregiver and her own caregiver as well?

But, on the bright side it won't effect your ability to be a patient. Couldn't she be your caregiver and her own caregiver as well?

yes she can, I already have a c.g, so im covered either way, I was just trying to have more control over what meds I recieve and what I can make with it!

Peace

Jim

Mize you have to renew within 60 days of card expired or you have to start over, and you most def should get your renewal in now, It is best to send it in at least 60 days early! whether or not the senate passes this shouldnt matter, if it is passed while your renewels are in, im sure they will either give you the 2 yr card and or notify you that you owe more for the 2 yrs, (im not sure if we have to pay for 2 yrs when the law changes) and I totaly believe they will most definatly pass these amendments, they may make a few adjustments, but it will go thru, and I would say, if the state can make more cash for a 2 yr card they will do it! if not they will prob scratch that part of the amendment!

Peace

Jim

I've never had a problem with a "time period issue" waiting until a few weeks before my card expires to send in...just leaving them enough time to sign for it, check to be cashed, and having the paperwork be valid/legit before card expires. I still have plenty of time to renew to remain legal