Unity? Lansing On May 29th Medical Cannabis Rally

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe this current rally would have been bad if we could have all come together to plan it instead of opposing each other. We need to get past the old stuff and work together to make a large impact. Of course I don't know all the answers, don't believe any of us do, and that is why if we put all of our thinking caps on we can make a difference.

Edited by restlesslegs

That is the best question of all, what are our goals and what are we trying to achieve. My biggest concern through out all of this is the public does not know what is happening with the act and with all these bills. Some are not aware of the benefits and who really is using medical marijuana, who is the real face not what they imagine us to be.

Sorry, but have you ever tried to help plan anything with Joe? Good luck getting him to change anything whatsoever about his protest/rally on the 29th.

Well this is something we need to move forward on. OK can we not start on that please? It really gets all of us no where and everyone starts fighting again. Lets get back to where we are going forward OK?

If those supporting Joe really insist on having a unified protest, I have told you what it will take to get my support. Now make it happen.

OK I missed something along the way here. Some of it I did not read because it well a waste of time and so I skip it. What did you say, sorry to make you repeat it, a bit slow right now low sugar.

If you want to hit a date before the end of session, you guys better get working on Joe. Lots of things need to change this weekend!

What please? I don't know about working on Joe but I would love to know what needs to be done if anyone is willing to get this set up where others will come. Gees I can't read between the lines but I do know hashing things out about Joe gets nothing done at all.

Well this is something we need to move forward on. OK can we not start on that please? It really gets all of us no where and everyone starts fighting again. Lets get back to where we are going forward OK?

I personally will NOT SUPPORT Joe or his rally. He has done enough damage to this community. You restless will truly NOT be able to move forward until you first realize that!!

I personally will NOT SUPPORT Joe or his rally. He has done enough damage to this community. You restless will truly NOT be able to move forward until you first realize that!!

Don't you understand any of what I have said? This Is Not About Joe come on lets get past this. This is about US or should be. I am not talking about Joe and only said anything in this thread to begin with because I saw that people where getting past that and moving forward to form a group that would attend. It wasn't my idea to jump on this rally, someone else brought that up not me. Get a grip. you have a problem with me or Joe? Read what I wrote AK.

There is a small group of people that are really insistent that we need to make some kind of collective statement to the Legislature, either the House or the Senate, I am not sure which, we need to get that straight too, along with precisely what we are trying to say.

restlesslegs, Fat Freddy, Timmahh, washtenaut, roofrat, marijuana_master, abe supercro, I am talking directly to you. Perhaps there are even more that are silent, but agree with you wholeheartedly.

If you want unified community participation in something, you are going to need to address all of the concerns that the community has. Many of these concerns are going to require you going to Joe to ask him to make changes to his protest.

If you can commit to doing what it takes to gain our support, you will get it, I am sure.

I will not lend my support to that! Joe has sent the wrong message for too long. He will tell people one thing and then do another!

This is the kind of rally I would attend (I would not attend a protest at the legislature):

A couple of large tents

Some type of food and music

A lot of chairs, a podium, and a sound system

Several tables with medical marijuana literature

All Representatives and Senators are invited during our two hour window (constituents contact them directly with invite as well)

Every thirty minutes a handful of pre-screened patients and caregivers each give a short testimonial about how legal medical cannabis as expressed by the voters in the MMMA has improved their life

In between presentations, patients and caregivers are available to speak freely, directly to legislators

No signs needed and everybody dress like you might end up talking to a guy in a suit

Kind of like a huge Compassion Club meeting on the Capitol lawn.

you speak of this why dont you make it happen? thoughts are just that thoughts .actions take action

Don't you understand any of what I have said? This Is Not About Joe come on lets get past this. This is about US or should be. I am not talking about Joe and only said anything in this thread to begin with because I saw that people where getting past that and moving forward to form a group that would attend. It wasn't my idea to jump on this rally, someone else brought that up not me. Get a grip. you have a problem with me or Joe? Read what I wrote AK.

I am having a problem..yes. My problem is with those who are failing to see the bigger picture in regards to this rally. You have been one to come on this site and advocate for Joe..for the farmer's market and so on. Now you come and ask that we move forward. We have..now you do the same. AK

you speak of this why dont you make it happen? thoughts are just that thoughts .actions take action

Read the entire thread. The question was whether we would come together for cain's rally. People are tossing out ideas of the type of rally they would be willing to attend. No one here is planning on taking over cain's rally and making it theirs. You should be informed before you comment.

I am having a problem..yes. My problem is with those who are failing to see the bigger picture in regards to this rally. You have been one to come on this site and advocate for Joe..for the farmer's market and so on. Now you come and ask that we move forward. We have..now you do the same. AK

What she said!!!

The major groups in the state have presented unified positions. It no longer includes cain's vision or what HE thinks we should do. If you want to work on his vision then go do that and leave us alone.

Forget it this is fricking useless. I am not trying to support this rally, I am trying to figure out if a unified get together, like was suggested in this thread, with politicians, tents, speakers, etc. etc. with be plausible and what it will take to get it together. Here we go again and putting words in my mouth is BS. This is a totally a bunch of crap from all of you.Why can we talk together as a group of folks here involved together to oppose the politicians, anything to help Us as a Unit of like minded individuals who want to save our rights and the act.

AK I did not post that last thread I only commented about it. Get off my back you have no reason to treat me the way you are. Lay the heck off of me.

Forget it this is fricking useless. I am not trying to support this rally, I am trying to figure out if a unified get together, like was suggested in this thread, with politicians, tents, speakers, etc. etc. with be plausible and what it will take to get it together. Here we go again and putting words in my mouth is BS. This is a totally a bunch of crap from all of you.Why can we talk together as a group of folks here involved together to oppose the politicians, anything to help Us as a Unit of like minded individuals who want to save our rights and the act.

AK I did not post that last thread I only commented about it. Get off my back you have no reason to treat me the way you are. Lay the heck off of me.

You LAY OFF...If you want to talk about Joe..go post on his site as you are one of the few user's there. Do NOT bring it here anymore. I am sick of it. So if you want to do something productive start with our idea's here. If you want to rally with Joe..go do it. Quit coming here to try to gain support for him period.

There you go, peoples! The gauntlet is thrown to Joe's supporters.

Do you have any influence on him whatsoever, or are you just being led around by the nose?

BS you know better then that about me Chad. You all need to take a step back and read through this again. Look at it really hard is this getting us anywhere that might help us to something together. He ll I don't care who you are if we are the same in the basic spirit and heading in the right direction is all that should matter.

cain is a deposed leader. Deposed for a reason. It takes some nerve to try and get people to ignore that and now try and work WITH him. It isn't going to happen. What if Nixon ran for president the next term after he resigned? What if he said, "well I have good ideas and I did do SOME good."

Uhhhh, NO thank you Nixon. You had your chance, disgraced yourself, and now you are toxic. No one wants anything to do with you.

I would suggest to people that they not bring up cain anymore as if he can do ANY good for this movement now. He is too divisive. Did he do SOME good? Who knows? Who cares! Move forward!

cain is a deposed leader. Deposed for a reason. It takes some nerve to try and get people to ignore that and now try and work WITH him. It isn't going to happen. What if Nixon ran for president the next term after he resigned? What if he said, "well I have good ideas and I did do SOME good."

Uhhhh, NO thank you Nixon. You had your chance, disgraced yourself, and now you are toxic. No one wants anything to do with you.

I would suggest to people that they not bring up cain anymore as if he can do ANY good for this movement now. He is too divisive. Did he do SOME good? Who knows? Who cares! Move forward!

Well Said!

You LAY OFF...If you want to talk about Joe..go post on his site as you are one of the few user's there. Do NOT bring it here anymore. I am sick of it. So if you want to do something productive start with our idea's here. If you want to rally with Joe..go do it. Quit coming here to try to gain support for him period.

YOU NEED to read the thread and see what was brought up. Go through my posts not just this thread. Lay the hell of of me AK, you have a problem with Joe, it should not be with me. I try not to bring anything about Joe here because it causes problems and get none of us anywhere. Sometimes I have said things because others have really been attacked badly and I have too at times. Get real I have my own mind. I'm not going anywhere and I do not try to cause problems.

YOU NEED to read the thread and see what was brought up. Go through my posts not just this thread. Lay the hell of of me AK, you have a problem with Joe, it should not be with me. I try not to bring anything about Joe here because it causes problems and get none of us anywhere. Sometimes I have said things because others have really been attacked badly and I have too at times. Get real I have my own mind. I'm not going anywhere and I do not try to cause problems.

Who are you trying to fool here? Keep your post's free of Joe Cains agenda on this site from here on out..or head back to his.No reply needed..don't push it. I'm about completely fed up!

People, people, please calm down.

I am the original poster. I was very upfront about the rally and asked if we could unite to defend our rights. The answer from too many of you is, No, I will not unite with anything related to Joe. I am saddened to hear that but if that is your feeling, so be it.

The reason for the rally is to fight for patient rights. I thought that was a goal of this community on this site too and so I posted. Am I wrong about that?

I proclaimed it Washtenaut's Protest-Rally so that people could try to clear their mind and see through their hate and distrust of Joe. I was hoping some could simply view this as an opportunity to gather and voice our opposition to the pending legislation. I feel that remaining silent looks to the general public like we consent to the new bills.

My primary goal is press coverage, plain and simple. I was also hoping that there would be some display of unity before the Senate votes. I felt a new Unity Letter and the 5/29 rally would be a good opportunity for us all to voice our displeasure with pending bills.

We need to let the public know that the politicians are fully aware of the impact of the bills to patients. I want to remove their political cover. They should not be able to say down the road that they didn't know the harm they were causing to us all.

Honestly, I swear, I would love to hold the get together that Zap described. However, we do not have that kind of time to put that together prior to the Senate votes.

Also, the Capitol steps are available on 5/29 for any of us to make a statement. The podium is available upon request.

I keep hearing all of these concerns about the rally message and it is maddening to me. You can control the message precisely. The stage is available. You can speak your exact message to the crowd through the microphone on Tuesday, 5/29.

If you don't want to attend the rally, that is your choice certainly. I see no reason why anyone here should discourage others from joining fellow cannabis patients in a fight for our rights.