Unity? Lansing On May 29th Medical Cannabis Rally

(Mods/Admin, I hope this is appropriate content for this board)

I am hoping the community will come together and try to support any efforts that can help our cause. I think this has potential to help if there is participation.

I would like to know what folks think. Should we unite for this rally? If no, please explain your thinking as it sounds to me like it could have some impact.

Following is a write-up from an organizer of the rally that I am copying from another mmj board. Warning....the write-up contains some strong opinions that some may find objectionable. I hope that even those that disagree with those opinions could still support this rally

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Reason We're Having a Rally

On the 29th 12 Noon, on the front steps of the capitol, we will be holding a rally in opposition to the four house bills and the multitude of Senate Bills that are now advancing. If these senate bills pass the law will be undone. Let’s take a look at these active senate bills and their impact. These Bill will be voted on soon.

SB17 - Outlaws Medical Marijuana Clubs

SB 377 - Distributes patient/caregiver info with no limitations. Info is distributed with 48 hours of receipt. This means they will know about a change prior to a caregiver knowing in many cases.

SB 418 - Would prevent someone from suing the state regardless of civil rights violations. It is the kick your teeth in and not worry about it bill.

SB 504 - Would subject patients and caregivers to drug free zones. This means if you are part of a transfer within a 1000 feet of a church or school, you could receive twice the sentence proscribed under the PHC/CSA. You would not be protected under the MMMA.

SB 977 - Would remove Glaucoma from the list of conditions. Chronic pain will probably go too.

SB 974 - Would further restrict medical use on private property. Property owner would have to give permission. If the public has access it would prohibit use.

Theses Bills will be subject to amendment and will get worse prior to passage.

It is important that you attend. If the protest had of been well attended on April 17th we would not be faced with this situation. The press is still writing articles about the April 17th rally despite only 150 people showing up. Protest are held in order to communicate with the public not change the minds of corrupt politicians. The senate bills are now moving. If we fail to act our situation will get much worse. We are coming up on the election cycle. There is one month left in the current session. The situation is prime to have a direct impact on the process. You were told to stay away from the last protest. You were told that the bills would not pass. You were told if the bills did pass there was a plan. These were terrible decisions. The bills did pass and there was no plans. Simply sitting on the sidelines hoping for the best is not a plan, it is suicide. I mention this because there is an effort underway to divide us again. We simply can't afford that. Let's work together and get the job done.

The mistakes of the last two months have cost us dearly. It is not to late to save ourselves but it requires action on your part. We can still save the Act, but you must get back in the game. It is foolish to think that taking the people out of the equation will do anything but doom us.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have tried to discourage these bills being moved forward. Too the dismay of many they have moved forward.

It is time for us to stand up and be counted. I suffer from chronic pain, the likes of which will bring tears to a strong man's eyes.

I am an ole marine, I was taught to deal with pain. Yet this is far more then I can endure at times. To loose the ability to cultivate a few plants for myself will be more then I could bare. I implore you, nay I beg each of you, please go to the rally. Make a statement for all of us. I will do my very best to be there, weather permitting. ( The weather effects my condition )

With the deepest respect

FF

It was not hastily planned at all. Been set for well over a month and half now. Why would you say this and why? Sit and do nothing and be led to slaughter? Im going and I will stand up for what we have. Sit and do nothing, does not sound like a well thought out plan. We need people to show up and send a message to the Senate! Stop the petty bickering and show support at this time or we will all lose our law.

It was not hastily planned at all. Been set for well over a month and half now. Why would you say this and why? Sit and do nothing and be led to slaughter? Im going and I will stand up for what we have. Sit and do nothing, does not sound like a well thought out plan. We need people to show up and send a message to the Senate! Stop the petty bickering and show support at this time or we will all lose our law.

RR ur in my area lets meet for coffee. pm me plz

I generally don't go to hastily planned, not well thought out, events that aren't supported by the community as a whole.

The message tends to get muddied.

Well I seen no one else speaking up on this site. If you do not go and these amendments pass, then leo comes knocking on your door what will you tell them. I was legal?

I generally don't go to hastily planned, not well thought out, events that aren't supported by the community as a whole.

The message tends to get muddied.

So exactly how far ahead is the MMMA planning to do something?

The theme seems to be wait till after November and all our dreams will come true

I feel like I am on the fox news network where one fox news contributor quotes another like it's factual

Not to mention a medical marijuana site where the intent is to promote the most anti marijuana presidential candidate ever

Actually rather than have Joe's interpretation of what the bills say, How about some links to the actual bills? I lost faith with his interpretation long ago. What is the status of these bills currently?

Dr. Bob

Currently they are sitting in the senate awaiting their turn for debate and passage.

This might be of interest to you Dr.Bob

http://www.legislatu...1-HEBH-4834.htm

This one has yet to be addressed by the house.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2011-2012/billintroduced/House/htm/2012-HIB-5580.htm

Edited by Fat Freddy

I'm not showing up because I know nothing about the rally and what message it's sending. If it's just going to be 50 people dressed like they are still in the 1970s, and making demands of legislators, then I definitely don't want to be a part of it. It's not good messaging and hurts our cause more than helps it.

Actually rather than have Joe's interpretation of what the bills say, How about some links to the actual bills? I lost faith with his interpretation long ago. What is the status of these bills currently?

Dr. Bob

SB 0017 of 2011 Senate Bill Health; pharmaceuticals; formation of medicinal marihuana clubs or operation of medical marihuana bars; prohibit. Amends 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.1101 - 333.25211) by adding sec. 7421.

SB 0099 of 2011 Senate Bill Crimes; controlled substances; possession of certain schedule 1 controlled substances; prohibit, and provide a penalty. Amends sec. 7403 of 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.7403).

SB 0259 of 2011 Senate Bill Crimes; controlled substances; possession of certain MDPV; prohibit, and establish penalties. Amends sec. 7212 of 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.7212).

SB 0321 of 2011 Senate Bill Insurance; no-fault; medical marihuana coverage in insurance policies; exempt required coverage for. Amends sec. 3107 of 1956 PA 218 (MCL 500.3107).

SB 0377 of 2011 Senate Bill Health; medical marihuana; registry information; make available to law enforcement officers upon issuance of a medical marihuana card. Amends sec. 6 of IL 1 of 2008 (MCL 333.26426).

SB 0418 of 2011 Senate Bill Health; medical marihuana; permissible causes of action under the medical marihuana law; clarify. Amends sec. 7 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26427).

SB 0504 of 2011 Senate Bill Health; medical marihuana; dispensing medical marihuana within 1,000 feet of a church or school; prohibit. Amends sec. 4 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26424).

SB 0505 of 2011 Senate Bill Health; medical marihuana; qualification for designation as primary caregiver; establish. Amends sec. 6 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26426).

SB 0506 of 2011Senate Bill Health; medical marihuana; "bona fide physician-patient relationship" for purposes of medical marihuana law; clarify. Amends 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26421 - 333.26430) by adding sec. 3a.

SB 0632 of 2011 Senate Bill Criminal procedure; probation; retention of nonpublic records during period of diversion for a controlled substance violation; require. Amends sec. 7411 of 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.7411).

HB 4397 of 2011 House Bill Health; pharmaceuticals; formation of medicinal marihuana clubs or operation of medical marihuana bars; prohibit. Amends 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.1101 - 333.25211) by adding sec. 7421.

HB 4463 of 2011 House Bill Health; pharmaceuticals; eligibility to be a primary caregiver for patient's medical use of marihuana; prohibit for individuals who have been convicted of any felony. Amends sec. 3 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26423).

HB 4526 of 2011

(PA 63 of 2011) House Bill Appropriations; zero budget; omnibus budget appropriations bill; provide for. Creates appropriation act.

HB 4565 of 2011

(PA 88 of 2011) House Bill Controlled substances; schedules; designation of certain substances as schedule 1 controlled substances; provide for. Amends sec. 7212 of 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.7212).

HB 4661 of 2011 House Bill Health; medical marihuana; medical marihuana facility located near a church, school, or day care center; prohibit. Amends sec. 4 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26424).

HB 4834 of 2011 House Bill Health; medical marihuana; photograph on medical marihuana card; require. Amends sec. 6 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26426).

HB 4850 of 2011 House Bill Health; medical marihuana; transfers of medical marihuana; restrict, and limit defenses. Amends sec. 4 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26424).

HB 4851 of 2011 House Bill Health; medical marihuana; definition of "bona fide physician-patient relationship"; clarify. Amends sec. 3 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26423).

HB 4852 of 2011 House Bill Health; medical marihuana; location of medical marihuana facilities; allow for local zoning ordinances to regulate. Amends sec. 7 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26427).

HB 4853 of 2011 House Bill Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines for crime of selling or providing medical marihuana to unprescribed user; implement. Amends sec. 13n, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.13n).

HB 4854 of 2011 House Bill Crimes; other; advertising medical marihuana caregiver services or availability or sale of marihuana; prohibit. Amends 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.1 - 750.568) by adding sec. 42.

HB 4856 of 2011 House Bill Crimes; other; transporting medical marihuana in motor vehicle; allow under certain circumstances. Amends 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.1 - 750.568) by adding sec. 474.

SB 0933 of 2012 Senate Bill Worker's compensation; benefits; medical marihuana expenses incurred to treat work-related injury; exclude from reimbursement requirements. Amends 1969 PA 317 (MCL 418.101 - 418.941) by adding sec. 315a.

SB 0974 of 2012Senate Bill Health; medical marihuana; authorization to medical marihuana in certain places; restrict. Amends sec. 7 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26427).

SB 0977 of 2012 Senate Bill Controlled substances; marihuana; use of medical marihuana for treatment of glaucoma; prohibit. Amends secs. 3 & 5 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26423 & 333.26425).

SB 1082 of 2012 Senate Bill Controlled substances; schedules; synthetic cannabinoids; classify as schedule 1 controlled substances and prohibit sales and offer to sell certain products represented to contain controlled substances or having the effects of controlled substances. Amends sec. 7212 of 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.7212); adds sec. 7417.

HB 5250 of 2012 House Bill Crimes; controlled substances; schedule 1 controlled substances; add certain compounds having effects similar to effects of methylenedioxypyrovalerone. Amends sec. 7212 of 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.7212).

HB 5286 of 2012 House Bill Law enforcement; investigations; background check for possession of medical marihuana card prior to issuance or execution of search warrant; require. Amends sec. 6 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26426).

HB 5580 of 2012 House Bill Health; medical marihuana; state and local regulation of marihuana dispensaries; provide for. Creates new act.

Edited by restlesslegs

remember one thing folks on this site....the people running this site now are the one supporting these bills as far as I can tell from reading posts here.all though it will be denied here--

some people here have allready stated in other threads that they have time and effort into 'negotiating' these bills..

I am absolutely sure that 5580 will pass so get ready for provision centers and their minions and a rebuttal of this post to disclaim any involvement in them.

it is the few same people posting the same rebuttals every time

they will not support anything they didn't introduce.

JMO--- have a good day

Neo, you're wrong. We will support things introduced by others as long as those things are on message with the rest of the community. There have been leaders in the past that have actually hurt our movement more than helped it. We are on guard watching that this doesn't happen again. Anything that is put forward by sane, intelligent people is worth a look.

Unfortunately, the organizers of this rally are not on the fence with every other activist organization in the state. I'm not saying you shouldn't support them. I can't tell you what to do. What I am saying is that if you're expecting the rest of the community leaders to sign onto this, you'll be waiting a long time. There's a reason that ONE leader is over there in his hometown trying to do things alone on his side of the fence, and EVERYONE ELSE that is active in the community is on the other side of the fence.

The unity letter a month or so ago was proof of that. We got rid of one person, and the entire community came together for the first time and did something as a whole. This was a scenario not possible under former leadership which had fractured the community.

You guys can do what you want. (Begin sarcasm.) Go to Lansing with the other 49 people. Wear a tie-dye with a pot leaf printed on the front. Threaten politicians that you'll see they won't be re-elected. Go into their offices and scream threats at them. Those tactics have worked great in the past, just ask anyone working in the capitol. (End sarcasm.)

Just don't come in here and insult us because we're not on board with what past failed leaders of our community are doing now.

Currently they are sitting in the senate awaiting their turn for debate and passage.

This might be of interest to you Dr.Bob

http://www.legislatu...1-HEBH-4834.htm

This one has yet to be addressed by the house.

http://www.legislatu...12-HIB-5580.htm

Yes, I have those. I was checking on the status in the Senate. I'm familiar with the 4 passed by the House.

I'm not showing up because I know nothing about the rally and what message it's sending. If it's just going to be 50 people dressed like they are still in the 1970s, and making demands of legislators, then I definitely don't want to be a part of it. It's not good messaging and hurts our cause more than helps it.

I left my plastic marijuana leaf suit at the cleaners. Sorry but I'll be in court that day.

Unity? My asss!

I was hopeful some would be willing to actually unite and focus on the enemy, but no, I guess this is not the right message to send to our friends in the legislature.

If a rally for medical cannabis rights does not align with the goals of the leaders on this board, there is something seriously wrong with the leadership.

Today, it doesn't matter that you found Joe's leadership divisive in the past. I don't care if Joe pissed you off or banned you. Get over it. Stand up and remember who we are fighting.

Are you interested in the medical cannabis fight or more interested in the Joe Cain smear? For many posting in this thread it is clear that you just want to punish Joe, even if it hurts the cause.

I have been waiting and waiting for some sort of leadership to emerge on this board and it is all but invisible. I think many are losing interest here because there is no plan, no encouragement, and no leadership. You have thousands of people here that are looking for a way to make themselves and this movement heard. They want to get involved in the fight but you offer no direction.

So, you are above attending this rally? OK, what is your plan to get our voices heard prior to the Senate votes?

Who wants to attend a rally that's sponsored by those that would stretch the law like old underwear?

I could run around with a shirt on that says 12 plants and 2.5 ounces, no sales, but that would be a dud, no?

This rally is for those that are half of the problem. The other half of the problem only enjoys your rally as an example of why they are cracking down.

It's not about the leadership of this board. This is just a forum board. It's about the leadership of the entire community as a whole. Nobody, NOBODY, else in the ENTIRE MMJ COMMUNITY is signing onto this. This forum is not controlled by the entire community.

Why is it so hard for you six to ten people to understand?

Why do you six to ten people have to come here and start drama? Are you purposefully trying to be banned so you can go somewhere else and brag that you were banned and then use it against us in a propaganda campaign?

Why do you feel the need to come here and get support? Don't you already have enough people to support you at your site?

You talk about unity, and then come here and insult. Is that what you think unity is? Do you think you can unify the community, by starting trouble and insulting people? These are the very tactics that have isolated your group. Haven't you figured out yet that you're driving people away from you by being like this?

Have you figured out yet that the 6 or 7 or maybe even 12 people over there on your site are isolated and nobody cares about you because you haven't got a clue how to intelligently get your message across to the people that it matters with?

Unity? My asss!

I was hopeful some would be willing to actually unite and focus on the enemy, but no, I guess this is not the right message to send to our friends in the legislature.

If a rally for medical cannabis rights does not align with the goals of the leaders on this board, there is something seriously wrong with the leadership.

Today, it doesn't matter that you found Joe's leadership divisive in the past. I don't care if Joe pissed you off or banned you. Get over it. Stand up and remember who we are fighting.

Are you interested in the medical cannabis fight or more interested in the Joe Cain smear? For many posting in this thread it is clear that you just want to punish Joe, even if it hurts the cause.

I have been waiting and waiting for some sort of leadership to emerge on this board and it is all but invisible. I think many are losing interest here because there is no plan, no encouragement, and no leadership. You have thousands of people here that are looking for a way to make themselves and this movement heard. They want to get involved in the fight but you offer no direction.

So, you are above attending this rally? OK, what is your plan to get our voices heard prior to the Senate votes?

Who's Joe Cain? Never heard of him. Nor did I see anyone mention his name to insult him.