Unity? Lansing On May 29th Medical Cannabis Rally

You said you liked some of our ideas so how about putting your effort here and try to get it going. No it will not be taking place next week. If we are going to have a cookout for the reps I need at least a month to put together a menu and buy food and prep for the day. Then there is the cost of a lunch itself. The food for a BBQ lunch for 200 to 300 people is going to be just under a grand. Speakers Yugo can help by finding speakers they should be professional clean cut and nicely dressed. What message do we want them to send to the reps and press. I'm willing to setup up and help are you willing to step up and help. Trust me if we step up others will step up and before long we have a committee that can put this in place.

Are you going to step up or are you going to continue to complain and accuse us that we are not wanting to do something. But if we do this it will be under a untied front by the 3MA and the other groups that share the same message. Balls in your court now what are you going to do?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify. I will not rally or protest with anyone that displays the behavior or personality traits of Joe, or continues down the path of hostility and civil disobedience against a pro-cannabis law.

It is not about Joe. It is about the message and how we get there.

Exactly. I find it hard to believe we are still trying to get this point across.

You said you liked some of our ideas so how about putting your effort here and try to get it going. No it will not be taking place next week. If we are going to have a cookout for the reps I need at least a month to put together a menu and buy food and prep for the day. Then there is the cost of a lunch itself. The food for a BBQ lunch for 200 to 300 people is going to be just under a grand. Speakers Yugo can help by finding speakers they should be professional clean cut and nicely dressed. What message do we want them to send to the reps and press. I'm willing to setup up and help are you willing to step up and help. Trust me if we step up others will step up and before long we have a committee that can put this in place.

Are you going to step up or are you going to continue to complain and accuse us that we are not wanting to do something. But if we do this it will be under a untied front by the 3MA and the other groups that share the same message. Balls in your court now what are you going to do?

:goodjob:

Who are you talking to Quiet? If it is me I'll help anyway I can I already said that, I don't do these things but as I say whatever I can do I will just don't know how to go about it and I was asking for ideas. I am not a political person and have never gotten involved with much politically until now because I really believe of the benefits of MM. Excuse me I wasn't bitching just pointing out what goes on, tear it up and we won't succeed at anything even a get together. Work together and we can go forever. If you not talking to me I'm bowing out.

Who are you talking to Quiet? If it is me I'll help anyway I can I already said that, I don't do these things but as I say whatever I can do I will just don't know how to go about it and I was asking for ideas. I am not a political person and have never gotten involved with much politically until now because I really believe of the benefits of MM. Excuse me I wasn't bitching just pointing out what goes on, tear it up and we won't succeed at anything even a get together. Work together and we can go forever. If you not talking to me I'm bowing out.

He's talking to washtenaut.

I have no plans beyond 5/29.

Here is what I have to offer :

A microphone available on the Capitol Steps on 5/29 for you to clearly state the message you feel is important to get out to the press and the public.

At this point, I feel it of utmost importance to have some event prior to the Senate vote and we have the steps available next Tuesday.

Please come and voice your displeasure with the bills so that we might get some positive stories in the media. Imagine if 25 speakers came and united under the patient theme. Clearly the message of the day would be one of medical cannabis and patient rights.

I cannot tell you what people will wear. I cannot stop people from smoking or swearing. There will be no free food. I don't have the control you say you require. I am sorry.

This event is certainly not the best possible event but it is likely the only event prior to the Senate vote.

If you are not attending, please try to remember it is a grassroots effort to do something. You can be a part of the effort or not. I am unsure why those that have stated repeatedly they will not attend, are still involved in the post. I would encourage others that may be undecided to continue exploring the topic.

If you are not attending, please try to remember it is a grassroots effort to do something. You can be a part of the effort or not. I am unsure why those that have stated repeatedly they will not attend, are still involved in the post. I would encourage others that may be undecided to continue exploring the topic.

Are you kidding me? Why are people not supporting this still in this thread? NO..why are you still pushing this? The 3ma is not supporting this rally period. We have given more than enough explanation as to why. So now you think you will use this thread to seek support for Joe's rally..not going to happen. We are putting our effort's into opposing these bills..the rally will accomplish nothing but negative press. If you push this I will lock this thread. NO ONE is going to use this site to push Joe's agenda at all. We have new leadership..we are doing plenty to make progress and repair the damage Joe has done. JOIN US..or like quiet one said quit bitching. If you think Joe's old way of doing things is best..go over to his site.

I am guessing there will be a rally this year. I would assume a very good one. There has been discussion amongst several leaders about this. At this point at best it is chatter with a few offers of help here and there.

If you want to support Joe, go support Joe. He needs all the "help" he can get. :rolleyes:

But if we seek unity for a rally, i would start by using the "Unity Group" as a list to start with. There were many more that wished to sign on after the fact as well. So, to those that wish to start a rally, contact the leaders(et al) of the groups and start from there. The unity group seems to have agreed, Joe is pathological and we need to come together on everything we can agree on, and we have. So, i will put my support behind this list of groups.

Signed in Agreement 4/16/2012

Cannabis Patients United

Michigan Medical Marijuana Association

Michigan Association of Compassion Centers

Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan

Third Coast Compassion Center

Birmingham Compassion Club

Planet Green Trees

Dickinson County Compassion Club

New Detroit Compassion Club

Brighton Area Compassion Club

Kalamazoo Coalition for Compassionate Care

Jackson Compassion Club

Macomb Oakland Compassion Club

Clare County Compassion Club

Northeast Michigan Compassion Club

Craig Covey - Oakland County Commisioner

Andy Le Cureaux – Hazel Park City Council

Dr. Robert Townsend DO

Timothy Sawyer Knowlton, esq.

Dennis Hayes, esq.

Americans for Safe Access, Michigan Ambassador

Cannabis Counsel, PLC

Michigan NORML

Macomb County NORML

The Coalition for a Safer Detroit

Safer Michigan Coalition

Michigan Moms United to End the War on Drugs

Vote Green Initiative Project

Students For a Sensible Drug Policy – U of M Chapter

MMM Report

American Cultivator

Medical Marijuana Radio Show

Ann Arbor Medical Cannabis Guild

National Patients Rights Association

....and there are more that are posthumously signed to that list.

I always encourage everyone to exercise their right to redress their government. Period. But with any right, comes responsibility. Something people seem to have forgotten sometimes. I would find it absolutely irresponsible to lend my voice to speech i do not support from a person who has lied about me for over 2 years and degraded me personally because of my disability and the restrictions it unfortunately causes me to face.

So, you go support Joe. Coddle his delusions. Enjoy yourselves.

But quit asking a community he has completely defamed to go support his unfortunate lunacy.

Is a rally good? Absofuknlutely.

Is this rally good? .............. (pick an opposite word)

No Restless my comment was for Washtenaut. You have always offered to help and we will be calling on those members who want to help. As for me being a part of the effort I am. I do things that I feel will help, I talk to my reps personalty by visits, phone calls and yes I still send them emails from my personal email so they know it is not from a bot. I get responses from them and I try to influence and teach them why these bills are bad for patients.

No I will not be there at this point I am not sure I will even be pout of the hospital. doesn't mean I am not going to send off a few emails yet tonight. There are a lot of us doing things we don't talk about because we don't feel the need to proclaim we are fighting these bills. Never been much of a glory seeker I just as soon work quietly and get things done.

I really think Zap had a great idea and we need to plan this out so it is done right. Think of the press coverage we should be able to get by providing lunch to the reps. We will have their ear for as long as we can keep them in the tent talking. I understand you want to rally before the senate votes which I don't see happening. So why not throw that energy of yours into planning a proper rally that all the groups will get behind and support and even help put together. Are you willing to do that or not?

Quietone and Zap both describe a great event that could have impact if done in a timely fashion. The perfect rally with lunch and free speech and sunshine sounds wonderful and I would love to be a part of it.

If, however,it is planned for a date after the Senate has voted on our bills, I would not get involved as it is like closing the barn door after the horse has run off.

The last public comments on the medical cannabis bills were made after the House passed them. My recollection was that Cavanagh proclaimed that after reworking the wording, the patients now backed his package of bills. That was the last public comment as far as I remember.

If we do not try to publicly counter that stance then by our silence, it signals to the public that we have no quarrels with the reworked bills. I have quarrels.

Who has the ability to help get the word out to the people that we oppose these bills PRIOR to the Senate voting? If you can think of ways to get the word out there, please do so.

The Senate will pass these bills regardless of what we do. What ANY of us do no matter how hard we fight it.

What we are fighting against is them making these bills even worse.

ALL republicans will vote for these bills in the Senate and likely most Dem's will.

I wish there was a silver bullet to stop these bills. I mean i really wish there was.

Fact is, we have faired better than most constituencies have against this runaway legislature in the past year and half.

So far we have done better than the Teachers, the unions, the cities and township governments, the schoolchildren, and many many mnay more groups who have faaaar more power and influence than our "community" does.

We have actually put up one hell of a fight and havent stopped yet at all.

It iss just we have the most activist Far right Republican government in Michigan in 100 years at least if not ever in Michigan.

Elections matter. 2010 screewed us completely. The Tea Party insanity stuck it to us. No major identifier group has less support for medical marijuana than the teabaggers.

So... lets keep fighting and doing the best we can.

My head hurts and I am almost in tears atm. Why for God's sake must Joe Cain be injected into conversations that are meant to improve a given situation?

It saddens me to see that we are unable or unwilling to let go of the past. All I want is to feel safe from big brother reach.

I have never looked for the brass ring in growing a few plants. To be honest I grew 4 plants, and lost the buds to mold.

Whats wrong with me growing a few plants on my property? Esp if I am following the law? As it stands I feel like these bills will put me and my loved ones at risk of

being harassed by leo. In worst case my loved ones being arrested for some trumped up charges and run through the mill.

My God I wish I had the words to convey how fearful I feel. I care not if they come for me. In my condition I would probably be dead within the 2nd year of prison.

I have no fear of death. It would only provide me with lasting relief of my conditions.

To those with open minds my deepest gratitude, to those that have extended disdain for those that are trying to develop an effective approach to our plight, and not even taking the time to make any suggestions as to other options. I say shame on you. I realize that it is easier to find fault then it is to sit back and think " How can we protect our selves?"

Not a day goes by where I do not hurt, and now my hope flickers like a candle in the wind.

A lot of good suggestions have been put forth, and it is my most sincere hope that we all can find a common ground to keep moving forward with.

My esteem friends an colleges there are so many people that need us to stand up for them, should we spare any effort in trying to protect those that can not stand up for themselves? Should we abandon the ms patient stuck in a wheelchair? Should we turn our backs to the those with physical limitation's that inflict pain with each step they take?

Personally I have compassion and I will do all I can to make a stand for those that can not. In the 70's I stood up and said I will go to nam and fight for the people's freedom there. Only to come home to a public opinion that was far less then flattering. But in my heart I know I did the right thing.

When this is over will you be able to say the same?

I personally pledge 200 dollars to Quietone's BBQ.

Mal pretty much covered it in a factual way. No BS.

We did fare better than most other groups dealing with this legislature. But we didn't do it with the protests, we did it by personal contact. No we didn't get everything we wanted , not by a longshot but we did get a whole lot modified. The focus right now is on the house bills in the senate. We must begrudgingly insist the senate pass them as is. The flip side of that coin is we must keep in contact with the legislators and hold them to holding their own line. If the Senate mucks up these bills we must have the dems there to block along with any sympathetic republicans. (Yes they are real).

Some may think well hell, lets let the senate go nuts and then the bills will fail when they come back. Too dangerous of a game to take a chance on. Period.

The senate bills are not worthy of much attention, they are not going to pass the house.

As far as us letting go of the past FF, Dude! It has been a month since Joke was given his walking papers. You think our attention span is that short? He is a pariah! Do you understand? PARIAH!!!

The focus right now is on the house bills in the senate. We must begrudgingly insist the senate pass them as is. The flip side of that coin is we must keep in contact with the legislators and hold them to holding their own line. If the Senate mucks up these bills we must have the dems there to block along with any sympathetic republicans. (Yes they are real).

Some may think well hell, lets let the senate go nuts and then the bills will fail when they come back. Too dangerous of a game to take a chance on. Period.

I like the idea of a Unity effort but I think there may be too much focus on the menu and not enough on the timing. jmo

I thought we needed to state that we oppose the new legislation before the Senate votes but I see that you feel we should claim to support these House bills now in the Senate. The hope is that the Senate won't throw out the House bills and create worse legislation, is that right?

I am not sure that I agree with that. Shouldn't we maintain that we oppose all of these efforts to change the people's initiative? I think that might be better than saying that we agree with the rights violations we are getting.

I hear you washtenaut and it is a damned if we do damned if we don't situation, or if I were to quote Ricky (TPB's) It is a catch 23 situation. The four house bills are not law killers, they actually have a few good things in them. The senate (Jones) will not like that one bit I am confident of that.

There is of course the chance that if they (senate) does alter the bills that the dems may not go along, but that is a gamble I and many others do not believe we ought to take. What if they just tweak it enough to screw us a little but still pass? No, at this point we are better off encouraging the senate to pass the house bills as presented, at least for our own good. Don't get me wrong ,in a perfect world we would tell them throw all of them in the dumpster. That, sadly is not the world we are in.

Well like you bob.. our club.. has made a commitment to Trying to make a difference.. You wrote that we support the rally.. i never wrote that.. What we are going to do is pay for a bus to take interested parties to lansing to speak with our representatives. We are going to go in as a large group and lobby.. And we will come prepared with testimonials if there does happen to be a rally.. You need to stop focusing on my group and focus on your own thing.. We are not trying to f with you.. now please take our name out of your lips..

(Mods/Admin, I hope this is appropriate content for this board)

I am hoping the community will come together and try to support any efforts that can help our cause. I think this has potential to help if there is participation.

I would like to know what folks think. Should we unite for this rally? If no, please explain your thinking as it sounds to me like it could have some impact.

Following is a write-up from an organizer of the rally that I am copying from another mmj board. Warning....the write-up contains some strong opinions that some may find objectionable. I hope that even those that disagree with those opinions could still support this rally

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Reason We're Having a Rally

On the 29th 12 Noon, on the front steps of the capitol, we will be holding a rally in opposition to the four house bills and the multitude of Senate Bills that are now advancing. If these senate bills pass the law will be undone. Let’s take a look at these active senate bills and their impact. These Bill will be voted on soon.

SB17 - Outlaws Medical Marijuana Clubs

SB 377 - Distributes patient/caregiver info with no limitations. Info is distributed with 48 hours of receipt. This means they will know about a change prior to a caregiver knowing in many cases.

SB 418 - Would prevent someone from suing the state regardless of civil rights violations. It is the kick your teeth in and not worry about it bill.

SB 504 - Would subject patients and caregivers to drug free zones. This means if you are part of a transfer within a 1000 feet of a church or school, you could receive twice the sentence proscribed under the PHC/CSA. You would not be protected under the MMMA.

SB 977 - Would remove Glaucoma from the list of conditions. Chronic pain will probably go too.

SB 974 - Would further restrict medical use on private property. Property owner would have to give permission. If the public has access it would prohibit use.

Theses Bills will be subject to amendment and will get worse prior to passage.

It is important that you attend. If the protest had of been well attended on April 17th we would not be faced with this situation. The press is still writing articles about the April 17th rally despite only 150 people showing up. Protest are held in order to communicate with the public not change the minds of corrupt politicians. The senate bills are now moving. If we fail to act our situation will get much worse. We are coming up on the election cycle. There is one month left in the current session. The situation is prime to have a direct impact on the process. You were told to stay away from the last protest. You were told that the bills would not pass. You were told if the bills did pass there was a plan. These were terrible decisions. The bills did pass and there was no plans. Simply sitting on the sidelines hoping for the best is not a plan, it is suicide. I mention this because there is an effort underway to divide us again. We simply can't afford that. Let's work together and get the job done.

The mistakes of the last two months have cost us dearly. It is not to late to save ourselves but it requires action on your part. We can still save the Act, but you must get back in the game. It is foolish to think that taking the people out of the equation will do anything but doom us.

http://clarecountycc.ning.com/events/protest-at-the-capitol-1

Well like you bob.. our club.. has made a commitment to Trying to make a difference.. You wrote that we support the rally.. i never wrote that.. What we are going to do is pay for a bus to take interested parties to lansing to speak with our representatives. We are going to go in as a large group and lobby.. And we will come prepared with testimonials if there does happen to be a rally.. You need to stop focusing on my group and focus on your own thing.. We are not trying to f with you.. now please take our name out of your lips..

Amen Annie..Amen.

I personally will NOT SUPPORT Joe or his rally. He has done enough damage to this community. You restless will truly NOT be able to move forward until you first realize that!!

This isnt bout Joe, You, or I..This is about all of us..If you dont like Joe, Stand on other side of crowd..If you dont like me..Stand on other side of crowd..But dont just stya home cause you dont like someone.Be yourself..Think for yourselfs..But we need people there..

I see several suggestion be given and totally disregarded by you who want our support. IMO for a rally/protest to be effective planning must start more then a week before the rally. It takes time to line up credible speakers formulate the proper message. Then who do you get to give that message to the people and press I feel they should be one and the same. I like Zaps idea of having a picnic for the reps and I will gladly offer up my BBQ skills to provide the food for the lunch. Dress accordingly, I'm nothing but an old hippey , but I know how to dress when going to see my reps in Lansing. If you want a bunch of people in Lansing how about scheduling a bus fill it with people and help them go see there reps. Put the face of the patient in the reps office that way they cannot ignore them. Help them with their message so it is clear and covers all the talking points. I realize it is easy to come here and mudslinging against us because we need to see more of the reasons that aren't being given which has a huge effect on the rally. Show me a clear plan with listed speakers, what they will be speaking on. Do you plan on giving patients a chance to give their stories. Are you going to give out attire guidelines? I don't see any answers for those questions and really doubt there is any answers to the questions being brought up by everyone.

Our club took a big grill and hot dogs back n September..But they wouldnt let us cook them down town.We had all the Buns/hot Dogs,ect..Figured it would draw a crowd..but we wasnt allowed to do that there at the Capital i guess..So we brought home a few hundred Hot Dogs and Buns.

This rally is for ME, to try and keep my Liberties

This rally is for YOU, to try and preserve your Rights

This rally is for Our Law, that has not been fully implemented as of yet

and lastly, This rally is to Show them, I am NOT a CRIMINAL, and beleive in this Law as writen.

Everyone living a better life because of this needs to attend this rally. If only 50 show up, then I will be with 49 Friends.

Santas_Helper

AMEN>>> This is what our compassion club has been saying all along.